What toy to get next...

So being new to the whole sex toy thing my first purchases were pretty tame: a classic vibrator 5" and a mini rabbit vibrator. And now I'm wondering what to get next, especially since I found the mini rabbit rubbish and will return it soon :'(. Sad times. I really thought I'd like it but having used it a few times I didn't find the rabbit part strong enough for my clit.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I won't be trying another rabbit for a while and I have a few ideas of what to try out next. My thoughts are leaning towards a smallish realistic vibrator (as I adore my classic vibrator but want something with a bit more girth) however I am up for being swayed to another toy.

So what do you think guys? Any suggestions for what this newbie should try next?

And what are you thinking of trying out next? I'm curious to hear what's popular with you guys ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

Are you definitely looking for another toy that vibrates? I wanted to get a good grounding in various toys when I first bought stuff, so got a vibrator, then a butt plug, then a dildo, to see what range of toys I'm into. I definitely think you should swing on by to the 2 for £20 deal: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/special-offers/5149/

These are good items for a step-up in quality from your very first toy, but are cheap enough to still just test the waters of different types.

For me, my next purchase will probably be a wand vibrator... I have 7 vibrators, but have never tried a wand vibrator!

Also take a look at this thread (don't know if this thread would be classed as a duplicate):

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/341286-what-are-you-contemplating-purchasing-next/

What type of stimulation do you want? Mostly vaginal or would you like something clitoral? It all depends on what you want pleasure wise!

I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a more powerful clitoral toy. It's amazing, especially for the price http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26627
My next purchase will be the Femme Fatale i think http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35378

That Femme Fatale reminds me of the alien ships in War of the Worlds! ![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)

Just because the (probably cheap) mini rabbit was rubbish doesn't mean that a big (more expensive) rabbit will be - but the problem is that your anatomy and the rabbit's construction must fit together.

I can't recommend any specific toy as I don't know enough about what you like. But I would generally say that you can greatly reduce the choice by

1. only considering waterproof toys (for easy and thorough cleaning)

2. only buying safe materials like silicone, glass, metal, hard plastic (no skin-safe rubber, jelly, never anything with phtalates)

If you add "stardard-sized batteries (AA or AAA)" or "rechargeable" as a requirement, you've already eliminated a huge number of toys. From the rest you can then select what looks good (I really love the LH videos - not only for what they show, but I've learnt to pay attention to what they don't show - like not putting a combined vibration toy on the table to show off the vibrations), what other people have liked (I find the negative reviews often more informative than the positive ones) and what fits into your budget. It's doable!

Once you've discovered your preferences and dislikes the choice gets easier. Have fun!

Talia, what do you mean by "not putting a combined vibration toy on the table"? I have seen a video on here (yesterday I think, but can't recall which one exactly) of a rabbit and Annabelle put it on the table with both the ears and the shaft motors on. Might have been the Happy Rabbit natural, but not sure.

For a simple but higher end toy (that works for us 100% of the time) I would recommend the We-Vibe Tango. I have also read good things about the We-Vibe Rave, but I have not used that personally. The Tango looks small, but it packs a punch, has lots of settings and is rechargable and waterproof. The flat tip is what really hits the spot, in my opinion.

We also love the Lelo Soraya, but it's very pricey.

Whatever you end up choosing, make sure it's a nonporus phalate free toy for your safety. Lovehoney does a good job stocking nontoxic toys. Have fun exploring and entering the fun of toys! Also, don't be afraid to use them with a partner, it's way fun.

era, it was a toy that consisted of some sort of sleeve and a bullet to put into, but I don't remember which one. The video showed the sleeve, and the bullet on its own jumping around on the table, but we didn't get to see what happens when the bullet is actually vibrating inside the soft sleeve. I suspect that the vibrations don't transfer all that well...

I was not referring to rabbits or other toys with several motors. I'm also not saying that no sleeve/bullet toys are shown vibrating away assembled. I am saying that it's a good idea to pay real close attention to what is shown - or isn't shown - in the videos. I find them very truthful and accurate and really helpful for making purchasing decisions.

Talia wrote:

era, it was a toy that consisted of some sort of sleeve and a bullet to put into, but I don't remember which one. The video showed the sleeve, and the bullet on its own jumping around on the table, but we didn't get to see what happens when the bullet is actually vibrating inside the soft sleeve. I suspect that the vibrations don't transfer all that well...

I was not referring to rabbits or other toys with several motors. I'm also not saying that no sleeve/bullet toys are shown vibrating away assembled. I am saying that it's a good idea to pay real close attention to what is shown - or isn't shown - in the videos. I find them very truthful and accurate and really helpful for making purchasing decisions.

I agree, I just wasn't sure what you meant. I noticed 'stuff' too in them. ;)

popk1n wrote:

Are you definitely looking for another toy that vibrates? I wanted to get a good grounding in various toys when I first bought stuff, so got a vibrator, then a butt plug, then a dildo, to see what range of toys I'm into. I definitely think you should swing on by to the 2 for £20 deal: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/special-offers/5149/

These are good items for a step-up in quality from your very first toy, but are cheap enough to still just test the waters of different types.

For me, my next purchase will probably be a wand vibrator... I have 7 vibrators, but have never tried a wand vibrator!

Also take a look at this thread (don't know if this thread would be classed as a duplicate):

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/341286-what-are-you-contemplating-purchasing-next/

Sorry if this is a duplication i'll give the other thread a look :)

I'm not ready for any anal play at the moment but I do think I wanna get a dildo, and definitely one that vibrates.

oooo, i've had a look at the wands and they look amazing. If I was going to splurge on something then it'd probs be a wand

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

What type of stimulation do you want? Mostly vaginal or would you like something clitoral? It all depends on what you want pleasure wise!

Idealy I'd like both vaaginal and clit stimulation which is why i bought the rabbit, but since that disappointed me then probably vaginal since I have something for my clit.

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a more powerful clitoral toy. It's amazing, especially for the price http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26627
My next purchase will be the Femme Fatale i think http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35378

wow that looks amazing and very inconspicuous ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif), def adding that to my wishlist.

the femme fatale looks lethal, if it's possible to die from pleasure overload...

Talia wrote:

Just because the (probably cheap) mini rabbit was rubbish doesn't mean that a big (more expensive) rabbit will be - but the problem is that your anatomy and the rabbit's construction must fit together.

I can't recommend any specific toy as I don't know enough about what you like. But I would generally say that you can greatly reduce the choice by

1. only considering waterproof toys (for easy and thorough cleaning)

2. only buying safe materials like silicone, glass, metal, hard plastic (no skin-safe rubber, jelly, never anything with phtalates)

If you add "stardard-sized batteries (AA or AAA)" or "rechargeable" as a requirement, you've already eliminated a huge number of toys. From the rest you can then select what looks good (I really love the LH videos - not only for what they show, but I've learnt to pay attention to what they don't show - like not putting a combined vibration toy on the table to show off the vibrations), what other people have liked (I find the negative reviews often more informative than the positive ones) and what fits into your budget. It's doable!

Once you've discovered your preferences and dislikes the choice gets easier. Have fun!

Thanks talia, this list is really helpful.

I think that I'd only consider waterproof toys since I don't know how i'd clean non-waterproof toys without having to constantly buy toys cleaners and that would require me to spend even more money (yes i'm cheap lol but i'm a student so can you blame me?)

I think i'm too new at toys to really have a perference about materials though from the two toys i've used i do enjoy silicone.

AHusbandsPassion wrote:

For a simple but higher end toy (that works for us 100% of the time) I would recommend the We-Vibe Tango. I have also read good things about the We-Vibe Rave, but I have not used that personally. The Tango looks small, but it packs a punch, has lots of settings and is rechargable and waterproof. The flat tip is what really hits the spot, in my opinion.

We also love the Lelo Soraya, but it's very pricey.

Whatever you end up choosing, make sure it's a nonporus phalate free toy for your safety. Lovehoney does a good job stocking nontoxic toys. Have fun exploring and entering the fun of toys! Also, don't be afraid to use them with a partner, it's way fun.

Thanks for the suggestions AHP, i'll give them a look :)

Did you decide on your next purchase?

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

Did you decide on your next purchase?

Not yet, though I'm almost 100% sure that it's going to be a vibrating dildo. I want to return my rabbit first before I spend any more more money lol.

Though I am a bit unsure which to get because a lot of them say they're made out of rubber and Talia mentioned not to get rubber toys.

This thread has information on why to avoid rubber toys http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/introduce-yourself/786692-rubber-jelly-dildos/ just so you can make a decision on it yourself, some people still choose to use rubber toys and some people use them with condoms x

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

This thread has information on why to avoid rubber toys http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/introduce-yourself/786692-rubber-jelly-dildos/ just so you can make a decision on it yourself, some people still choose to use rubber toys and some people use them with condoms x

Thanks for the link it was really helpful. I will be avoiding rubber sex toys, better safe than sorry.

Also I I think i've made up my mind now. I'm gonna buy the multi pleasure realistic dildo vibrator. It's made out of silicone and I like that it has a variety in vibrations and it's easy to control the level.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33962&reviewpage=1#customer_reviews