What's your sexy soundtrack!?

I love all kinds of music and have played some of them, one album that fascinates me is a jazz/latin album by guitarist Pat Metheny called Letter From Home. I used to have it in my car as drive time music, it just makes you feel like "that guy has cut me up, who cares?" It takes you into a kind of dream world where everything is OK.

Nobody Does It Better (mentioned by bunny) - that was written by the lovely Carly Simon, who was married to James Taylor. She later wrote the sneaky and devastating You're So Vain. She has always been very teasing about who these songs are about, she has been together with several men. I used to think they were both about James Taylor, now I suspect You're So Vain is about Warren Beatty.

Anything with to much of a beat would put me off, like Mucky was it? I would just want to start going along with the beat!

I meant to say - I have never yet made love to the Pat Metheny record, but one day!

OK, I got it wrong - Carly Simon only wrote one of those songs! I think my version is better though!

I would have to say Darren Hayes is a good choice but also I was going to say the queen of the damned soundtrack too, with korn, static x mmmmmmmm the images of stewart townsend are flying through my head as i thnk of it!

Darren Hayes is great for the mood. =) It's like he knows.

Walrus - I love the you're so vain song!

and yeah, for me, if the beat was too much or if it was something like heavy metal (which I love to listen to during my stress out times) then it would completely throw me off.

Yeah, Carly Simon wrote You're So Vain, and she sang Nobody Does It Better for the Bond film, but that song has lyrics by Carole Bayer Sager and music by some tune writer. I was written later.

I still prefer the imaginary sequence of events I had dreamed up in my own mind for the two songs!

It's great what music can do to you. I love it!

I am a bit of a softie for female singer songwriters, I used to be a great admirer of Carole King and am currently a fan of Amy Winehouse, despite her crash and burn lifestyle.

I'm a sucker for a soft male voice.

Amy is okay. Can't say I am a big fan of her. A few of her songs are good.

Yeah, the trouble is you feel that all her songs have come straight out of her diary. I don't think she's written anything where she imagines she is somebody else.

A song can reflect on the writer's current thoughts and feelings. Sometimes they do it through fictional people. It would be nice if she tried that but then again, it would also be strange because it wouldn't be her style.

(still here Envy, just trying to think of some examples!)

Hmmm - got me thinking now.

Early in our realtionship (probably when a lot of you where toddlers!!!) I loved to listen to

We've got tonight - lets make it last - by Bob Segar (and others after) and stuff like that.

I absolutely love Meatloaf - Paradise by the Dashboard Light

Bon Jovi - i'd die for you

In fact most of Bon Jovi, Meatloaf, stuff like that. Im just love rock music.

Also music from the Phantom of the Opera - okay, strange I know, im stepping away from the computor now!!

I guess I mean a good song has to mean something for a lot of different people who listen to it, not just be like a personal therapy session!

Nothing wrong with Phantom of the Opera! =D

I haven't had sex to a musical score for yearrrsss (and I miss it!) but I've got a cheeky little iTunes playlist (subtley called Filth) full of dirty, sexy music.

It's mostly electronicy stuff with female vocals and big dirty rumbling basslines that'd feel awesome in a club... I've copied the tracklist off my iTunes, very organised I know!

After Dark (Diplo Remix) Le Tigre
Black Cherry Goldfrapp
Cish Cash Basement Jaxx
Come Inside The Chemical Brothers
Come Into My World (Fischerspooner Mix) Kylie Minogue
Come On Client
Competition Dragonette
The Cosmic Gate Thievery Corporation
Downtown Peaches
Electric Blue Cicada
Faster Kill Pussycat (Club Mix) Paul Oakenfold Feat. Brittany Murphy
Get Me Off Basement Jaxx
Homecoming (SENDHELP Remix) The Teenagers
I Kissed A Girl (Phil W Re-Edit) (Dr Luke & Benny Blanco Remix) Kate Perry
I Lust You (Feat. Cate Lebon) Neon Neon
Ice Cream New Young Pony Club
Justify My Love (Xxx Fuck Me Mix) Madonna
Kiss and Swallow IAMX
Living Room Basement Jaxx
Love Lockdown (Chew Fu Small Room Fix) Kanye West
Make Me Sweat Feat Roxanne Shante Basement Jaxx
Making Out No Doubt
Maneater (Crookers Remix) Nelly Furtado
Pictures Timo Maas
Planet Sonic Kerri Chandler
Pure Pleasure Seeker Moloko
Push Up on Me Rihanna
Ride A White Horse Goldfrapp
Say Yes Floetry
Set It Off (DJ Assault Booty Mix) Peaches
SeXy Back (Patrick Alavi Remix) Justin Timberlake
Sexy Boy Air
Sexy Results (MSTRKRFT Mix) Death From Above 1979
Shut Up and Drive Rihanna
Slide In Goldfrapp
Slippage Goldfrapp
Strict Machine Goldfrapp
Stripper Sohodolls
Take U There (Ft. Digga) Chase & Status
Teacher Teacher Dragonette
Tent In Your Pants Peaches
Train Goldfrapp
Twist Goldfrapp
What It Feels Like for a Girl (Paul Oakenfold Remix) Madonna

Ahh, I'll have to agree with some of that stuff!!

Just reminded me of another;

Ice Cream by Jeffree Star!

Jake - nice work - this website is a resource!

Thank you for your list. I will be trying some of that lot.

sexymel88 wrote:

i would have to say darren haye is a good choice but also i was going to say the queen of the damned soundtrack too, korn, static x mmmmmmmm the images of stewart townsend are flying through my head as i thnk of it

YAY! Another QOTD soundtrack person, hehe :)

And i agree about Stewart Townsend, phhoawr!! hehe, I dont know why, but i thought his accent in that film was soooo sexy!

x x x

Has anyone ever heard of Emilie Autumn?!

Her songs are freakily good.