when did you find out what turns you on?

hey there,

Newbie here! I was just wondering really, there isn't really on particular thing i'm 'into' (yet!) just wondered how you found what turned you on??

xx

1 Like

Yay, hi kittykat - welcome to the OA forums :)

Ah, never fear - this is a great place to discover your inner self and hidden kinks! I'd probably say that I'm personally still learning about what turns me off and, even better, what really gets me going. But quite often it depends on the mood and what I feel like at the time. Besides, it's always great to try out new things, even if they don't end up your cup of tea. I'd just recommend you try things out - start small (particularly if it's coming to sex toys, but the same goes with experimental fantasies) and if you like it (and if you're with a partner) along with the other person, try taking it further.

Most of all, I like to fantasise - getting in the mood and seeing what pushes you on - ideal way to work out what you like. Better than going straight into things with someone else.

would agree with mimiaow - a safe place to try out your fantasies!!

mimiaow wrote:

Yay, hi kittykat - welcome to the OA forums :)

Ah, never fear - this is a great place to discover your inner self and hidden kinks! I'd probably say that I'm personally still learning about what turns me off and, even better, what really gets me going. But quite often it depends on the mood and what I feel like at the time. Besides, it's always great to try out new things, even if they don't end up your cup of tea. I'd just recommend you try things out - start small (particularly if it's coming to sex toys, but the same goes with experimental fantasies) and if you like it (and if you're with a partner) along with the other person, try taking it further.

Most of all, I like to fantasise - getting in the mood and seeing what pushes you on - ideal way to work out what you like. Better than going straight into things with someone else.

Hi! thank you for the welcome, have just been browsing a few posts and i'm looking forward to being here and learning a bit more about me, and being a bit more confident

x

well no better time to start than the present!!

kittykat13 wrote:

Hi! thank you for the welcome, have just been browsing a few posts and i'm looking forward to being here and learning a bit more about me, and being a bit more confident

x

Hurrah, I'm glad you like the look of it :) And good luck; I'm sure that you'll have fun (and I've also learnt a lot from the guys here - it's great to be able to chat very openly - a good place to be honest about emotions and sexual issues, that kind of thing). Feel free to ask away, and I look forward to speaking to you soon my dear :) x

dont think you stop learning what turns you on and off,. finidng a safe way of exploring things on your own is one of the best ways to start. then gently expolring things with a partner may be a good way to continue

Accidentally!
I've never found something that *really* turned me on on purpose. Sometimes accidentally in sex, and sometimes accidentally at other times (oh PE teachers of my past if only you knew why I was so very enthusiastic about ropes and trapezes ). But totally agree with the everyone above that reading what's posted here is a good starting point to explore from.

Howdy KittyKat13! Welcome to the forums.

I'm finding out new things all the time about myself and my OH. We constantly evolve don't you think especially if you have an open mind.

SG69 x

I am still finding new things. Just use imagination!

i definitely agree with the whole 'experimentation' vibe.

you won't know what you like until you try them.

the only thing i suggest when trying new things with other people is a safe word.

just incase.

What a nice group of people, thanks very much to all for a nice welcome