Which book would you recommend out of these 2?:

Mammoth book.. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19140

or Tracey Cox? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16556

Looking for lots of new ideas that are well explained and nothing too basic, but I can't decide which one looks best. Any suggestions?

I just had a quick look into The Mammoth Book of the Kama Sutra (guess where?) and I'm not all that sure about it's practical applicability. It seems to me more informative - a summary/retelling of the original Kama Sutra - than a "how to". The drawings are artistic and beautiful, but I'm not sure whether I could figure out a more complicated position from them - but decide for yourself!

Now, I'm rather geeky and want to know the how and why and history of things, and I am now wondering on whether I should get The Mammoth Book just for my general education (As the author says in the introduction: Everybody has heard of the Kama Sutra. But how many people have actually read it, ...) By the way, it's 512 pages! (Could Lovehoney please add the number of pages to book descriptions?)

Hopefully somebody else will chime in with a description of a Tracy Cox book!

:/ havent read them but i am not sure what to reccomend either...

From the reviews I'd go for the Tracey Cox one!

The first book is over 500 pages, while the Tracey Cox book is only a pocket guide so sounds more basic.

In the meantime I've had a look into Tracy Cox's Kama Sutra (the full, big version), and it seems to be great! The photography is absolutely gorgeous and the texts are informative and witty. Now the only question is how much of the big version has made it into the pocket guide...

Lovehoney doesn't sell the big version, do they? Why not? Tracy Cox's books would go well with the line of toys bearing her name...

RedCheeks wrote:

The first book is over 500 pages, while the Tracey Cox book is only a pocket guide so sounds more basic.

Yes, but 500 mostly useless pages for Ruby Red Slipper's purpose. I've received my copy and read probably most of what I'm going to read, so I'm sure of it now. The Mammoth Book of the Kama Sutra consists of a quick overview of what's contained in the Kama Sutra, where it came from and where it was written. The main part is a description of the positions, illustrated with drawings, and erotic fairytale-style short stories in an Indian setting (at least the first story was a fairy tale, can't guarantee for the others). I'll write a full review later, but for now I can guarantee that the book is NOT a practical how-to book!