Would you Buy Second Hand?

Maybe I’m a bit more pragmatic but if it was a glass or stainless steel toy that I really wanted and it was unavailable from any other source I would buy it S/H and give it a really good clean/sterilise.

I sold a S/H Syxxan on eBay including all the silicone attachments. Whether the new owner bought new ones or not I don’t know.

1 Like

@Bexy Your in good company as pretty much everyone else has said No also.

2 Likes

it would have to a no for me, I see that other would have issue with sharing but at least you know where it has been, with a second hand toy it could have been anywhere and every where…

If you are getting the toys much cheaper than new, I can see the financial benefit. So for expensive toys (thinking £500) it might be worth considering but as many sex toys aren’t too expensive I’d rather buy new.

2 Likes

Depends who used them first.
Could be a turn on.

2 Likes

What Floating_Fun_Guy says.

I’ve bought a few toys that Lovehoney doesn’t sell off an ex of mine. She only buys from the famous High Street store or a local independent as she likes to see them in the flesh (not that it does her any good as you really don’t know if something will fit until you use it - hence my cheap buys). I’ve tried explaining the Promise here to her but she honestly thinks I’m joking!

I know she looks after them and I also know she’s not had a sexual partner since me (long story), so that makes a big difference to me.

It’s pretty easy to tell if steel has had a bash just by using a cloth that will catch easily and a really good visual inspection, not so easy with glass. Having said that I wouldn’t buy glass unless I knew it was a known brand anyway.

I do have a glass dildo bought from Lovehoney that has a tiny flaw in it. I mentioned it here and was offered a replacement immediately but I decided to chance it and keep it (it’s REALLY difficult for me to get to a PO plus I’d need the library first to print a label - all a bit too much for me at the time). I’ve used it many times since and the flaw is still as it was.

I’m lucky I have a jeweller’s ultrasonic tank so have also given it a spin in that but it didn’t change or grow. The tank is also great for cleaning any gunk off and I also have a UV light steriliser. Add to that my love of both bleach, electrolysed water and hydrogen peroxide, if I can’t get steel or glass sterilised there’s no hope for me.

3 Likes

Not to brag but I got one for less than a third from a friend who’d never used it as it was too heavy for her.

Turns out it’s too heavy for me too, but it’s such a beauty I won’t be selling it :grin:

I’d better not mention the Pure wand and plug I also had land in my lap at the same time had I? :blush:

2 Likes

It’s just not for me. One of my favourite things about getting a new toy is unwrapping it from it’s box

1 Like

I’m with @Sappho on this one. Would buy metal /glass as it can be easily sterilised and the thought of someone else using it doesn’t bother me either. Let’s be honest - we don’t really know where toys have been even if they’re “brand new in box”.

Equally I don’t really see the need for myself personally, and I love the feeling of unboxing a brand new toy. However, I do think the opportunity for others to buy second hand at a reduced price would allow access to those that may not otherwise be able to buy more luxury toys (and everyone deserves luxury pleasure!). I imagine it’s also good for the environment which is always a plus :seedling:

4 Likes

I probably wouldn’t find myself buying a used one but wouldn’t turn away unwanted ones… no need for it to go to landfill still serves its purpose!

2 Likes

I would definitely buy used metal and almost certainly glass. Silicone is be a bit more wary of, but it’s not just the price. The environment is a concern for me too.

2 Likes

I hear agreement from David A

Car boots…Charity Shops… & Good Olde Jumble Sales Back In The Day…
Love 'em love a bargain and the thrill of what you’re going to find like a treasure hunt…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But

Sex toys…???

It’s a big NO from me.

3 Likes

Even if a wanted, not sure I can
Glass tentacle dildo used
The internet’s got nada- I need better search skills

2 Likes

I have the glass tentacle dildo @Melody1 worth every penny…but it does remind me of someone…wish it wasn’t pink though…:squid:

1 Like

so it sounds like you wanna trade
So what’s your best price?

-but it’s pink, you gotta give me better than that
(trying to pretend I don’t like pink when really I’m super excited)
:heart_eyes: :grin: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Mmm, I’d love a nice tentacle, but unfortunately that’s not top of my list. I do agree about the pink though. There are just too many tasty things.

I personally would rather buy new (Unless it was this beautiful, extraordinary toy that I couldn’t get anywhere else.

Although one of my friends did give me one of her old glass toys that wasn’t working for her x

4 Likes

My initial instinct was no, but I realised that’s totally illogical. Once something is sterile it’s sterile. Medical equipment that’s been used for all sorts of things isn’t replaced every time. Also, chances are anyone passing on a sex toy is doing it because they didn’t get on well with it and will dump it otherwise, so it’d be a waste not to.

5 Likes

It’s probably a no from me too, for either, but if hygienically sterilised (like for surgical instruments) I guess they would be clean of any unwanted nasties. I’d be worried glass might shatter if heat sterilised too!?
Don’t yet own any stainless steel toys, but would buy new if I/we wanted one - are they any good?