Would you like to dance?

I can't believe that I've been here for over a year and never asked this, but does anyone else dance? If so, which style(s)?

I dance a variety of latin dances. That might be obvious lol.

Oh I'm so jealous! I would love to dance but I have as much grace as a hippo on roller skates trying to tango on a high wire.

Awww, RosyCheek, I bet you can. All it takes is practice.

Two left feet me!!!!

OK if partner wearing steel toe caps lol xxx

Would love to be able dance properly xxx

You can learn. I was terrible when I started!

Really enjoy WATCHING couples who can jive - so energetic and full of fun xxx

Me too. :)

I love to dance but I'm not exactly great at it....infact good night be going too far 🙈💜xx

Enjoying it is the most important part. :)

Totally agree. And when you enjoy it comes more naturally 😄 i learnt that years ago as when i was feeling like a muppet lol i looked one, but when I started enjoying dancing and not worrying i was way more relaxed and improved quite a bit hunni 😙💜xx

Heck yes, I would like to dance! I'm actually going to try some jazz dance lessons this week, I'm so flipping excited about it I can barely contain myself!! I really hope it will give me a better sense of rythm and then maybe I can use the dancing skills to build a little burlesque routine as well! I'm very fascinated by burlesque to be honest but it's not really a thing where I live. I have yet to see a show in real life and burlesque specific dancing lessons are out of the question because they only exist in like 1 or 2 hour workshop forms for big groups. Guess I'll just have to teach myself how to burlesque one day.. bring on the video tutorials! After I've gained some basic dancing skills first, that is ;)

I'm really self consiouse and have dyspraxia, so I don't dance EVER!

As younger person, I was made to go to dance lessons with my father as he wanted to learn to walts, tango, cha cha, and he would not take my mother as he said she was too fat. My father took it very seriously and being the 80's he wore white pain tent shoes. 😄 I do still know how to walts, but this is something that I will not be demonstrating. I'm far too self consiouse and embarrassed in public.

Hands All Over - Hope you have fun! I love burleseque, too. Although the only live show I've seen was a bit disappointing. I need to go somewhere with more of that kind of thing.

Fun Louise - that's awful. I don't blame you for never wanting to do it ever again. I was the opposite. I always loved to dance but there just wasn't the money for lessons when I was little. I had to wait until I was much older.

Mr Scorpius and I love to dance. We used to do lots of nighclub dancing, and we have also both taken dance lessons when we were younger. Mr Scorpius has a couple of medals for latin and ballroom dancing too from his younger days. I also love to do stripteases for him, I just love the feeling of freedom that dancing gives me xx

I'm quite stuck in the past, I'm in love with the kind of dancing you'd see in a Victorian ball, and the Beauty & the Beast scene in the great hall, and Tom Hiddleston's dance in Crimson Peak... Basically there's a side of me that really romanticises ballroom 😂

My forte is stripping, so burlesque dance. My OH and I are looking to start jive and rock'n'roll classes soon though 💃🚶

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

My forte is stripping, so burlesque dance. My OH and I are looking to start jive and rock'n'roll classes soon though 💃🚶

That sounds very exciting Jess, we would love to try jive & rock'n'roll :) xx

Ahhh, I miss being in a relationship with someone who dances. It's so much fun. I'd like to try jive, but I'm positive I'm not fit enough!

I've done sexy semi-clothed dances before, but I've never really got the hang of a proper striptease. I need to learn to like my body a bit more.

I love to dance! More around my living room than is any classes! My partner hates to dance though, he's only ever danced with me once and that was because he was really drunk. After he did say it was surprisingly sexual, so I think he must've enjoyed it!

I don't try to recreate though it because I don't want intoxication to be necessary to have a dance with me.

Sigh, maybe one day he'll be in to it.

I love dancing, but I rarely seem to get the opportunity these days. The occasional wedding seems to be about it.

highlights include attempting the running man in a circle on the floor only to be thrown out of a bar (in Melbourne), only for the whole bar to empty in protest at my eviction.