Writing a review - questions

Since the "How To Write The Perfect Review" thread is closed to new posts and I couldn't find another one to ask this question, I hope starting a new thread is ok.

In Ruth's tips for review writing, she says "no links". I've been wanting to include links in my reviews for a long time, and I've noticed that sometimes reviews have links and sometimes they don't. I would like to include clickable hyperlinks to other related LH products in my reviews because I think this would be useful for comparison. Sometimes I would like to include some external links too because I think they would be relevant and useful, like to Wikipedia, but I understand if you prefer not to include those. I noticed that TLA's fantastic restraints review had many helpful and useful clickable hyperlinks to other related LH products in it, and I would like to include some in my reviews too.

For the purposes of this query, I am assuming that I am asking solely about including links to other LH products.

• Is inclusion of links at the discretion of the editor?
  • Is there a standard way in which you would prefer me to indicate which links I wish to include and where?
  • Can I simply include the hyperlink HTML code with links included, and will that be ok?
  • Is there anything special you would like me to know about what kinds of links you are prepared to accept or exclude, in what contexts you prefer them, and how you would prefer me to include them?
  • Can we pretend I included another thing here about how gorgeous I think you all are?

Many thanks for your help. :)

That helps a lot, thank you Ruth. :)

Hi there

I've been having some problems trying to submit my review for these...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7184

...has it gone through your end?

x

Same again with these...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17245

....is it because they haven't got any reviews yet, that they're not showing on my page awaiting approval?

x

M&S, ive noticed since LH have been using an external review checker, the toy reviews are seen to first, and stockings etc are dealt with later, so just be patient is what i'd advise hun :)

x x x

To LoveHoney staff,

I have a couple of older toys rattling around under my bed which aren't sold on the site (whether they've been discontinued or never sold here I'm not too sure as unfortunately haven't purchased anything here yet!). Is it possible to review these? Or do you have to click on the review button on the product page to do so?

S xxx

What confused me was I submitted 4 reviews yesterday and only 2 are showing on my user profile as awaiting approval and the other 2 I linked above are not on there, but thinking back it did the same when I reviewed the flogger and that had no reviews before I popped its cherry! I have saved the text just in case they were not received.

x

Morbidia... just so's you know, there's no 'hierarchy' in the review editing process other than the time it was submitted.

First come, first edited is the rule of thumb, whether it's toys, lingerie or whatever. (Admittedly the queue does some strange techno-hopping when they go live at times.)

masterandslave - your reviews are all in the queue...

And your Balzee review featured in the best reviews of the week round-up.

Generally this covers up till Thursday because we share our best reviews with edenfantasys in the US of America.

So... sorry if anyone wrote an ace review that missed this week's list - but if it's great it'll be in next week's top five.

Thanks Steve! Wow can't believe its in the top 5 again! Glad you liked it so much, we had a lot of fun writing it!

Think one of my reviews might have been submitted twice as I wasn't sure it went through! Thanks for all your help!

x