40 plus - Nervous about Role Play

Husband and I have been together many years. Just come out of a particularly bad dry patch in our sex life, lots of issues (health, stress, grief, work patterns). We seem to be getting back on track, part of that has been communicating better about wants /needs in the bedroom. I’ve pestered him about arranging something special for Valentine’s and it seems im going to be a naughty nurse :smirk: when he gets in from work. I’m terrified but also want to give him an unforgettable night …I have never in our 25 year relationship dressed up as anything! You lot are probably laughing right now but seriously need some tips to overcome the nerves, don’t say alcohol, will probably end up falling asleep before he gets home.

I thought I might be a bit stern with him re: the roleplay nurse aspect, but that is not exactly ‘naughty’. When we do get round to having sex normally it is lovely but im in a different world on a different cloud and being a bit matron like might keep me more mindful / present.

I just want to give him a night he won’t forget in a hurry, a bit of a surprise etc but all I can think sbout is tottering around in my heels and falling up the stairs or something.

Also… rubber gloves and lube for anal play? Too much?

Arrrgh

11 Likes

Hi expect things to go, not as planed would be my advice , if you’ll fall over leave the heels off? yes lube, quite possibly gloves, think what you’ve done in the distant/past use this to help you think what to do now

6 Likes

We’ve never done role play, but did he say that he specifically wanted that, or could he just want to see you dressed up as a nurse? Might solve some of the nerves if it’s just the latter :slight_smile:

Definitely agree with @Quiet_ones_are_worse though, just leave the heels off if you’re worried about falling over

2 Likes

Hi @MissDemeanour.
It can be a bit nerve wracking the first time you role play but my advice would be to start off with it all being quite light hearted.
Speaking from personal experience some of my best roleplay sessions have been almost on a par with the Carry On films!
I’d suggest greeting him when he gets home with you already in your naughty nurse outfit (heels are optional lol) and make it like he has just arrived for his check up with the nurse. I don’t think rubber gloves or lube are going too far, especially if you know he’s up for anal stuff.
You can always get more Matron like and stricter as you go on if you both feel like you want too. Don’t worry about dissolving in to giggles, it’s meant to be fun! I’m sure he’ll be thrilled with all the effort you’ve put in.

Welcome to the forum by the way :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We had a recent accidental (kind of role) play scenario so that bit came first and sparked a few ideas. Guess that is why im a bit self conscious. I ‘think’ I can do the talk bit based on past experience… but ive never been one for dressing up.

1 Like

Thank you @wildflower we do have a lot of humour actually in our lives, the thought of having my own version of Sid cackling away with me in the bedroom does make the prospect seem less terrifying!

Will try just to make it fun!

2 Likes

I vote for Carry on oooh matron :raising_hand_man:t2: and if he’s being bold, put a thermometer up his behind to shut him up.
A nurses outfit with popper fastenings would be great so you can ‘accidentally’ pop some of them :rofl:

4 Likes

tie him up with bandages and give him a bed bath with your tongue :slight_smile: make him take his medicine (maybe a couple of alcohol shots in syringes or off a spoon)

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
This sounds like it’ll be a really fun evening for you both, embrace the role and think of it as nothing is too much for role play and if anal play is something he enjoys then go for it :smile:

Think you’ll find with the nerves they’ll literally slip away once you get started and into it so just try relax yourself beforehand while waiting for him to come home.

3 Likes

I love your idea and yes be stern and enjoy yourself

I bet after you dress up as a nurse you will be looking at other sexy outfits - my wife’s fav is sexy secretary and she looks just fab (if you can get a sheer blouse) :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

You must keep in mind that there is only the two of you in your role play so no audience to judge you. You are performing for the one you love and he will be performing for you, so you will support each other in getting the most out of this sexy experience.

I hope that my advice helps you to relax and go with the flow. Enjoy your time together wherever and whatever it leads to.

One important bit of advice.
In the post sex cuddle discuss together what you both enjoyed and what you would like to do the next time. Surprise is one of the biggest thrills in role play so be prepared to shock and excite your partner.

3 Likes

Yes, definitely keep it light-hearted. Be prepared to break character and get the giggles. It’s supposed to be fun! Also, (I’m assuming) you’re not a trained actor or accomplished improviser so it’s bound to go slightly wobbly at points. Maybe jot down a few naughty things you’d like to say/do beforehand so you’ve got some ideas to keep things moving in the moment. Keep it simple for the first time, wear something that makes you feel super sexy and enjoy.

4 Likes

Hi and welcome @MissDemeanour, enjoy your evening of role play.

2 Likes

I think like some others have said, keep it light hearted. My wife and I have roll played and have had great fun in doing it.

We did the nurse patient thing once too and a big part of my enjoyment was seeing her. She also did a great job in the days leading up to our play time of sending me a couple of texts reminding me about my upcoming “appointment”.

She also sent me some “paperwork” to complete like you might before a doctor visit. Some of the first questions were very benign like if I had insurance and if not how I would be “paying”. Others were about my specific ailments and had very clear sexual undertones. That all helped build excitement, but also gave her some information that helped her plan.

Hope that help and have fun!!

4 Likes

@MissDemeanour Hello and welcome to the forums ! Role play is so much fun , and the nurse - patient is a great starting point . We had fun with it where my wife had a clipboard with questions that started off normal and gradually moved into funner questions like cock length . Pro tip , it is good to drop your pen during your exam and bend over to display your “assets” and as others have said , a wardrobe malfunction or two . Like when your blouse accidentally fell open and your next move you step closer for a little motorboat activity . Hope you have a blast !

2 Likes

Hello and welcome

1 Like

You are all fab! Love it here…thanks so much.
I’ll report back :wink:

1 Like

We cannot wait to hear how things went, have a great time @MissDemeanour

2 Likes

I love the idea of having a fancy hotel booked. Arrive separately. One of you check in. Sit in the bar, pretend you don’t know each other at all. You can be whoever you want which will help with shyness. Catch each other’s eye in the bar and start chatting. Make out to be a one night stand, pretending to be other people will distance yourselves from the dry patch and maybe be more willing to try more kinky things. Have plenty drinks ( not too many) before hand to relax

4 Likes

@Dom624 I have often thought about this sort of role play. After 20 years, the thought of being with someone else sounds mad, but playing strangers sounds fun.

3 Likes