A girly question.

Ok girls, totm. Usually last for 7 days for me, I'm just wondering if any one has any tips on speeding things up?

Would drinking raspberry tea help? As I know it can help kick start labour.

Or if any one has any other tips I really would be gratefully as I'm fed up of 7 days of no action so to speak!

Thanking all you lovely people in advance!

ok im not sure that raspberry tea would help and it didnt help with me when i was pregnant either

I have the coil and as well as stopping more babies i dont have any periods either. havent had any for years!

And to be honest I used to do it during anyways as im pretty light

Mine are really heavy. :(

I'm due to go get my tubes tied shortly so I don't need to worry about contraception.

I think only contraception will help, I've been on the mini pill for around 5/6 years and apart from when I couldn't take them after an operation I haven't had a period, they also do tend to reduce the flow but I think thats your only option Xx

I've never found anything to speed them up. mine last 7-8 days with a gap on 2nd and 2nd to last day. I would love to be able to lose those 2 days and squeeze the time down a bit lol

Only thing I am aware of is the pill. I have the combination pill solely to make my periods lighter and less painful and it works fine for me.

Ok, thanks guys.

The pill really didn't work for me though. Me and hormones don't mix. My sister is the same.

A change in contraception mght help, but there are other side effects and you might just end up making things worse rather than better.

When I'm on no contraception I'm very regular, quite heavy for 3-4 days but with terrible cramps.

On the pill I stayed as 3-4 days on but much much lighter and no pains.

On Implanon I didn't have a period for 4 years, and then it all went downhill and I would regularly have 7-14 days heavy periods but on absolutely no predictable schedule which was an absolute nightmare.

I'm starting back on the pill (just took my first one today) and am hoping everything settles down again nicely.

Curry powder in a cup of green tea.

Just like me, CH, i cant have any hormonal stuff either. I'd love to find something that could hurry it up.

I sympathise, my totm floors me, and for days before and after get uti symptoms, then really heavy bleeding for 4 days with terrible cramps, got nexplanon implant 2 weeks ago, due my period this weekend, i'm terrified! I had bad reactions to the combined pill, all 3 types i tried, one had me in A+E for a suspected blood clot in my chest, that was terrifying, but so far symptomless on implant, have you tried eostrogen free hormones? It seems the eostrogen is the usual reaction culprit

Stuburns wrote:

Curry powder in a cup of green tea.

Thanks Stu, I'm so going to try that later, ya monkey! ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Mine is shorter when I use a menstrual cup instead of pads or tampons. I am not really sure why.

I think I read somewhere recently that having orgasms during your period can speed things up a bit. Apparently its to do with uterine contractions during orgasm that expel the blood a bit quicker, wish I'd known about this when I was suffering from 12 day long periods. Three cheers for my hysterectomy !
Sorry, can't remember where I read about this.

wildflower wrote:

I think I read somewhere recently that having orgasms during your period can speed things up a bit. Apparently its to do with uterine contractions during orgasm that expel the blood a bit quicker, wish I'd known about this when I was suffering from 12 day long periods. Three cheers for my hysterectomy !
Sorry, can't remember where I read about this.

This sounds like it could be true. I was on a bit of a lack of sex-drive hiatus for a while, and am in the middle of changing contraception. My period came on Friday, and with it came back my sex drive, with a vengeance. It's been so long since we had sex we just didn't care about the period and did it anyway, and by the next morning it had miraculously buggered off :D

👍 crazy horse ☕️ drink up now 😉

So more me time needed when I'm on then! ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

You can get different pills with different amounts of hormones in them. I'm on a mini version of one I used to be on due to one of my meds increasing the natural output of it. If I had stayed on the normal version I would have had way too much of it being produced. So it's always worth asking about them, you can them estrogen free as far as I know.

Asking your doctor is probably the best answer you'll get, some people find the coil works or the cap or the combined pill but at the end of the day we're all different so what works for one might not work for another.

I used to be stuck in bed for a week at a time with my totm, I tried the pill but it didn't go well so my only other option was the implant. It's great totm has stopped completely, just the occassionaly spots. Plus I was really heavy too, to the point it was a little out of control, so having one or two spots is nothing now!