Absolutely horrified

I ordered a new toy recently in the sales.

It arrived today.

My mother took delivery.

The box had been opened and on the front if it, written in capitals about half the size of a penny, some twat has written "RABBIT".

May I suggest LH scrap Royal Mail as a delivery option and find a real courier that doesn't employ a certain class of scumbag who feel it's their right to steal whatever they please? One can only assume that, upon being disappointed with the contents, Postman Twat thought it'd be hilarious to write "RABBIT" on the front of the box.

oops if you think it was your postie report the git because he would of had this parcel on hids delivery list.so you could get their arse kicked for them

It seems a bit drastic to scrap RM over one idiot but of course it probably should be followed up. Of course I'd look into reporting it. LH tend to ensure things are well packaged too.

and you might need some proof of delivery.or in your case none to get a refund or insurance claim

I don't think it was our actual postie, but someone in the RM network.

WandA: the problem is Royal Mail, it's as simple as that. This isn't an isolated case. Whenever something is due to be delivered via Royal Mail, more often than not it goes missing. This problem has never, ever, arisen when ordering from companies who use a real courier service.

Royal Mail, it seems, is somewhere where stealing is apparently a perk of the job.

Just look at how much they lose in a year. It's something in the order of 14million letters / parcels.

I think you definately need to report this to RM.

Regardless of whether is was a Rabbit or not, they shouldn't be nosing in your parcels.

Also let love honey know, parcel wasn't packaged well. I should probably do the same as my new toy was sent in such a slim box, part of it bulged out.

KayaXX wrote:

I ordered a new toy recently in the sales.

It arrived today.

My mother took delivery.

The box had been opened and on the front if it, written in capitals about half the size of a penny, some twat has written "RABBIT".

May I suggest LH scrap Royal Mail as a delivery option and find a real courier that doesn't employ a certain class of scumbag who feel it's their right to steal whatever they please? One can only assume that, upon being disappointed with the contents, Postman Twat thought it'd be hilarious to write "RABBIT" on the front of the box.

LH have already said they will be using RM for the forseeable future - it allows them to give free (usually next day) delivery and is a reliable service that allows customers to not have to wait in for stupid hours that private couriers use and at least RMs depos are always nearby.

Just because one prat thought it funny, doesn't mean all RM employers are that way inclined.

It also doesn't mean that this behaviour is "normal" so should be reported properly and dealt with the correct manner....rather than giving all other LH customers worse service by switching from RM because of one person's immature actions. That one person should be dealt with, it's not RM's or LH's fault.

Adx

I think this kind of thing depends on where you live / what sorting office is used. My parents had lots of problems the year before last with letters etc going missing, but I never have. If its not the local postman pat, its some arsehole at the sorting office thats causing problems. Either way, it needs to be reported, so Royal Mail will investigate.

KayaXX wrote:

WandA: the problem is Royal Mail, it's as simple as that. This isn't an isolated case. Whenever something is due to be delivered via Royal Mail, more often than not it goes missing. This problem has never, ever, arisen when ordering from companies who use a real courier service.

Royal Mail, it seems, is somewhere where stealing is apparently a perk of the job.

Just look at how much they lose in a year. It's something in the order of 14million letters / parcels.

WandA's dad works for RM - he's a "scumbag postie" and stealing is a sackable offence at RM - they're desperate to get rid of staff and will look for any excuse.

I think your comments are unfair and disrespectful personally. Just because your postman isn't up to scratch doesn't mean the whole service is shite. I get all my mail on time as expected and have 2 outstanding post people. They're always polite and discreet and perfectly acceptable. If *your* postman is a scumbag, report him...simple.

Adx

I should add that the contents were still there.

The question is (and as someone pointed out, LH's parcels are well packaged), for what reason was this box open? There's utterly no reason for anyone at RM to be tampering with parcels. As I said, this doesn't happen when things arrive via any other couriers.

The only reason for that box being open is if some nosey bugger at RM thought it contained something that might be of value to them, then, upon seeing its contents decided to forward it on, whilst also trying to be a comedian. I'd imagine that had it contained something expensive, say jewellery*, it would never have arrived.

*On the subject of jewellery, I ordered a silver bracelet recently, not worth mega bucks but still reasonably valuable. It never arrived. Surprise surprise, RM were supposed to deliver.

LittleMiss1981UK wrote:

I should probably do the same as my new toy was sent in such a slim box, part of it bulged out.

I've always wanted to try a slim box, for just that reason! External Media

OK, shoot me now.

Don't get me wrong, our Postie is a nice guy, I know decent people that are Postise, but the fact remains RM have a huge, huge issue with staff stealing things and it's becoming more and more frequent and more blatantly obvious.

KayaXX wrote:

Don't get me wrong, our Postie is a nice guy, I know decent people that are Postise, but the fact remains RM have a huge, huge issue with staff stealing things and it's becoming more and more frequent and more blatantly obvious.

And your evidence that it's a problem with the whole of RM and not just your local department is?

Adx

Yeh but it is still a minority of people.

Same as every single company or pression. Let's face it, Doctors tend to be trusted, unless urs was Shipman

KayaXX wrote:

You can always pay for another courier service at the checkout I believe?

I know of one postman who was given an official warning and almost sacked because a normal letter was wedged in a part of his mail bag accidentally, it isn't standard practice to steal mail for the hugely vast majority or postmen and women. One if the issues may be temp staff around the Christmas period.

thats why we allways get proof of posting and sometimes pay extra fotr a definite delivery

but if lh were to start charging extra things would go up in price unfortunately

plus using a private courier service is no gauntee either. ive had worse service from couriers than RM.

I definately dont want the prices to go up !!!

sweetlove666 wrote:

plus using a private courier service is no gauntee either. ive had worse service from couriers than RM.

Same - took nearly 2 weeks to get a phone I'd paid for next day delivery for because they *only* come on the day *they* specified, then reattempt the next day whether convenient or not. Have depos miles away so you can't collect and if you want to specify a time you have to pay (I think it was £5/10 for morning, £10 for weekend £15 for weekend morning - baring in mind I'd already paid for delivery in the first place),

I would not buy from LH if the changed to a private courier. Not least because it'd mean the end to free delivery and reliability.

Adx