Post office - returns

I went to the post office to return a toy to LH yesterday.

"what's in the parcel" asks the young girl

"I don't want to tell you" I replied

"well I can't post the parcel" she replied, "we must know what's inside"

I couldn't think quick enough to lie!

so I posted in box without a receipt!!!

Yep its the royalmails new policy, that they now need to know what you are posting, apparently for security reasons,i also had the same thing ,i just said a tracey cox glass dildo set where as when my partner took my kegal balls back, they asked him and he just said they were toning weights lol he said it was hard to think on ya feet

I have to say I returned some lingerie last week and no one asked any questions at all.

Just couldn't bring myself to say "vibrating cock ring"

is "toy" enough for them? Probably not.

they told me it was there policy now

If I were asked I'd just say toys or clothes. If it were glass I'd say a glass ornament. I don't know why they need to know thought surely if it was an illegal subastance of weapon no one would say so they'd just lie anyway.

Toy would probably be good enough, after all pleanty of kids toys take batteries and are made of plastic.

If you say a toy that would be fine they know what is ,also if you say a toy they may ask about batterys nothing i have sent back as had batterys so far but they just like a rough ish idea

Hey!

Royal Mail should not be asking you what is in the parcel on Tracked Returns. If they ask you, you have every right to say that to them.

However, to make your life easier you can refer to them as 'Novelty Items' (this is what we use for international shipping and FedEx).

Effectively Royal Mail are just trying to establish whether there is anything dangerous or anything with batteries inside the box. You are, of course, more than welcome to tell them its a book or something similar .

Yeah there have been several threads on this lately, it is new policy as HP said,it's to do with sending of batteries which is not allowed any more unless they are in original packaging unopened. Toy would be fine. If you search the forum for the older threads people had loads of ideas on what to say, I can't remember them though! X

Just gonna say Novelty from now on then, I never send a toy back with the batteries in it, I always take them out.

Thanks Jess. Xx

I had to send something recently and just said it was a toy and that there was no batteries in it. As soon as i mentioned that there were no batteries they were happy.

Like Jess said they actually they shouldn't be asking exactly what in the box (not really any of their business) and should just be asking if there's anything prohibited like at the airport but because there's so many regulations now and people don't know them its probably easier to ask.
It does say in the rules that its up to you to check and sending prohibited stuff is at your own risk so i don't know why they don't just put up more signs in the post office.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/688749-embarrasment-at-the-post-office/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/706198-be-prepared-for-post-office-questions-if/

These are the other threads in case anyone's interested. They make a fun read, looking through all the excuses people come up with! My favourite is "silicone sculpture".

I'd picked up a parcel from the post office once then popped to Sainsbury's on the way home. Got chatting a little with the cashier when he suddenly asked "So what's in the box?" I totally lost my cool and said, "Oh nothing. ... I'm picking it up for a friend. ... For my housemate. ... It's books. ... I think. ... Probably. ... It's not mine." I could feel myself going red, I think the whole supermarket had probably worked out the truth by the time I left!

I've had to send a few things back recently, both in the padded envelopes as well as in the boxes.

I haven't been asked what's inside in any of the packages I've returned, but at least you're all giving me ideas in case I get asked if I have to return stuff in the future. :)

Maybe if they don't ask they recognise the address and know what's in there.

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Hey!

Royal Mail should not be asking you what is in the parcel on Tracked Returns. If they ask you, you have every right to say that to them.

However, to make your life easier you can refer to them as 'Novelty Items' (this is what we use for international shipping and FedEx).

Effectively Royal Mail are just trying to establish whether there is anything dangerous or anything with batteries inside the box. You are, of course, more than welcome to tell them its a book or something similar .

Novelty items haha!

If people ask i just say they are shoes.

Beedrill I think it's very unprofesional to ask someone what's in their parcel, I wouldn't dream os asking my customers what they intend on doing with their purchases it's none of my business.
I'm equally as annoyed when drawing money from the bank when the cashire says things like "so are you going on a spending spree? Or is that for a holiday?" It's just plain rude, and then they insist on counting it out for you aloud in £10s and £20s so that everyone in your bank can hear how much cash you're carrying!!
Sorry maybe this should have been in the rant allert thread! Lol

Holly Love wrote:

Maybe if they don't ask they recognise the address and know what's in there.

It could still be a variety of products and could have batteries inside though.

I think the old dear's at my local po just about know how to send something out for delivery, never mind remembering to ask what's inside, bless them. Even when there's a queue I've never heard them ask people in front of me what's in their parcel's either.

mrs average, not to derail the thread but you reminded me of Easter time when I was stuck at home alone so I went to the corner shop and bought myself a basket full of chocolate, and the woman asked "oh are you having a party?" ...Nope. All for me.

I'm sure they mean to be friendly but it would put me off buying things like tampons or condoms from those shops after that!

novelty items = sex toys

That's no good if you want to speak in code ;) Other outfits use 'toys', 'plastics', or 'toiletries', at least for intl packages that I get.

i've returned several parcels to lovehoney this week ( my mistakes) my local postoffice was seriously rude about this. she kept probing in the end i was so annoyed i kept annoying her back with more and more evasive answers. in the end her manager came over if there was a problem and i asked for a private word. he was as bad . i asked "what rights have you got that you and your staff want/need to know the exact contents of the parcel"? i've told you they contain no batteries or prohibited articles and yet your staff keep asking whats in the parcel. in the end they accepted the parcel for delivery and i left with him knowing i was making a formal complaint to royal mail. as yet no response. its none of their business whats in the box. i'm not embarrassed about what the box contains but that isn't the point. in the end i was wanting to fight and win.

on the other hand today i posted my returns parcel in Bath and the assistant says oooh i know someone who works there!!! i responded can she get me a job there? she just laughed. all light hearted. so she knew what might be in the box ha ha!!