Actively pursue badges here?

Thankyou x

Hi @LilMissJ93 :slightly_smiling_face:

Youā€™ve got two intro topics on the go, so Iā€™m just going to slide this one into general chat. :+1:

2 Likes

Ok thanks :blush: x

1 Like

Nice profile pic LilMissJ93

2 Likes

Liked @LilMissJ93 :wave: interesting trying to figure out how everything works around here :thinking:

2 Likes

If you need a hand with anything specific just shout out. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

Iā€™m new here too, but I would like to say itā€™s a great thing you have done by having the courage to ask for feed back and help!

Good for you!

The courage gets a :heart: alone from me :+1::blush:

1 Like

Hey Lovehoney bunnies!

My goal is to get both the Great Topic and the Great Reply badge, both needing 50 likes each. Arguably this could be seen as a bit cheaty but after over a year of this new style forum, Iā€™d love to snag these badges for my girl guides sash! If anyone stumbles across this post please please throw this girl a like on THIS POST and ALSO a like to the post below for the Great Reply badge! :arrow_down:

And if anyone else wants to snag the badges, especially the Great Reply one, reply below and Iā€™m sure we can all like each otherā€™s replies and bask in a glorious orgy of glory together in the pool of badges! :smile:

46 Likes

Please like this for my Great Reply badge! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

46 Likes

Perhaps you could create a topic that generates these likes naturally?

I think it could get rather spammy if everyone tried this. And if everyone canā€™t do it, then itā€™s not really fair. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp perhaps.

3 Likes

I had a strong feeling youā€™d piping up on this one @Ian_Chimpā€¦ I mean, I knew youā€™d be quick, but within 45 seconds of my original post is a new record :clap:t2:

Odd you didnā€™t have an issue with the ā€˜Can I get some likesā€™ topic but perhaps that says quite a bit :smile:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

8 Likes

Nooo, donā€™t flag for deletion!

I was up for a sharing the love day :sob:

8 Likes

@Calie Lets share away :heart:

6 Likes

Iā€™m down for sharing the love ( no pun intended )

3 Likes

Iā€™m not entirely sure how to respond, but if you take a look at the topic youā€™ll notice I havenā€™t liked that one either (nor the Actively Pursue Badges Here? one).

Personally, I think it would be much better to encourage people to go and Like actual topics/posts rather than filler, and spread a bit of love that way. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Plenty of people like ā€œfillerā€ posts such as old competition entries and tester posts. Thereā€™s probably plenty of likes being thrown around in the games section too (and not just for great answers).

Yes it would be annoying if these types of topics were popping up regularly, but they arenā€™t so where is the harm in the occasional one?

Least this one is done in a nice way and might even make some people smile.

4 Likes

Just a semantics question because I have no strong feelings either wayā€¦ though if Iā€™m honest I liked this one because I like @Blonde_Bunny rather than for the topic :woman_shrugging:t2:.

To become a great topic do the likes all have to be on the original topic post then? I just assumed (not being a big topic starter myself) that it was total likes then throughout the topic that designated a great topic since they are the stats presented on our summary pages. In which case, having just checked out your stats @Blonde_Bunny , :desert_island: Love Island has 285, surely that rates somewhere doesnā€™t it?

3 Likes

The Nice/Good/Great Topic Badges are for 10/25/50 Likes on an OP.

I donā€™t think having this topic will set fire to the internet, or anything, but I do think itā€™d be better if it was a general plea for people to Like lots of different topics/posts rather than just this non-one. Itā€™d probably rack up 50 Likes just by asking that.

Maybe even include some suggestions of ones that you think are being short-changed?

Ah, thank you @Ian_Chimp ā€¦ In that case I would suggest an alteration so that topics that create discussion and continued interest and hence a high total number of likes (excluding games topics perhaps) are the ones awarded ā€œGreat Topicā€ status. Just my 2 cents. Iā€™m not in the running for the badges either way :joy:.

2 Likes