After a small bit of advice

Helloo all.

I have been landed right in the middle of a situation that I don't know how to get out of.

Basically, a friend (not really a friend, but a man who works opposite me- lets call him Jim) got cheated on by his girlfriend and they broke up. Another friend (who also works opposite me, Sally) and I have taken him under our wing a little bit, and he asked us to set him up on a few dating sites etc. I got on with the dating sites and Sally set him up a Facebook account. He's in his 50's, never used a computer, and asked if we could teach him how to use it, and how to run his accounts on the dating sites and Facebook.

So Sally was on her laptop today, went onto Facebook and saw she had a new message from a woman who works just up the road from us (..Ellen). She clicked on, started reading, and realised that she was logged in as Jim, as we'd been helping him out on there earlier today. It turns out Jim and Ellen have been meeting up secretely for sex, and exchanging dirty messages on Facebook. Problem is, Ellen is married, and her husband is a regular customer at my shop (which is a small shop, so I know the regulars pretty well).

Really speaking, it's none of my business. I shouldn't know, but I do, and now I don't think I can ever look at them in the same way again. Both of them know first hand what it's like to be cheated on, and although I'm not one to judge, they shouldn't be doing it. I've witnessed a few cases of cheating, most were completely wrong, but one friend was stuck in a loveless, abusive relationship (mentally, and sometimes physically) and so she cheatd on her fiance in order to be happy- it's still morally wrong, but she couldn't have left the relationship safely. I don't think this is the case with Ellen, but like I said I'm not one to judge.

What the eff do I do? Right now, I'm thinking I do nothing. I'm good at keeping secrets and could easily keep this one.

Anyone want to offer any advice? Cheers. x (Sorry this is sooo long!!)

Keep quiet. You found out by reading things in someone's private account. I know that the two of ypu helped set it up, but those messages were still private. You don't know the circumstances from her point of view.

Totally agree with HT, yes you've found out but it's none of your business and you don't know all the circumstances so best to say nothing...

Yeah, I think you have to keep quiet really as to be perfectly honest it is none of your business (not in a harsh way- just saying). The fault lies in the simple mistake in having Jim still logged in on your friend's computer.

I agree with you on the cheating aspect but unless you want a huge drama on your hands - best to keep out of it. However, if you're really concerned about Jim, himself, you may want to own up to him about this and discuss it with him. Again though, this could potentially blow up on you.

Yeah I thought just as much. It was a simple mistake, we didn't read through the messages on purpose but still, I know I shouldn't have seen it so will just keep out of it.

Thanks guys :)