Anal douche - cleaning

Hi, having really started to get into anal play (alone and together with my partner) I'm considering using an anal douche. I've read some of the threads on the forum, but the thing that I'm concerned about is cleaning it after use. With the best will in the world, you might get some 'back wash' back into the bulb and it strikes me that it might be difficult to ensure it's clean and not breeding some horrible bacteria that get sprayed up the bum on the next go.

Anyone any comments or advice, please? Right now I use leftover water bottles (some have a nice smooth cap) - and dispose of them afterwards, but they're not ideal.

Thanks

wondering about this myself

Depending on the type would boiling it not work after a very good rinse?

That's what I was going to suggest.

I don't know how they're made - is it possible to detach the bulb from the spout bit to allow for easier cleaning?

These heads screw off:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=5720

I'm not too sure about this myself but I guess some anti bacteria toy cleaner should do the job. However any bacteria caught in a backwash would surely have been up there anyway so would it really do harm to spray them back in? I would advise looking into an antibacteria agent just in case though.

How about some bady bottle antibacteria tablets. I use them to clean out my water bottles after having rehydration stuff in them beacues they have suger in them, and with this heat, stuff would grow in it. They work really well and are designed for babies milk bottles so will really clean it out

Doug wrote:

How about some bady bottle antibacteria tablets. I use them to clean out my water bottles after having rehydration stuff in them beacues they have suger in them, and with this heat, stuff would grow in it. They work really well and are designed for babies milk bottles so will really clean it out

Probably a great idea!

Thanks all for the info and advice, think I'll get one of the recommended ones and see how it goes, although having to boil it each time does seem a bit of a faff lol. May be sticking with the disposable water bottles...