Anal sex dilemma !

A work colleague today shared an embarrassing experience. Her son who is in his second term at university visited with his new girlfriend last weekend and as moms do she did his laundry. When she took it to his bedroom she couldn’t help but notice a bottle of anal lube on the shelf. She didn’t know he was having sex until he shared his bedroom with his girlfriend so imagine her shock on finding out how sexually adventurous they are. She asked my opinion on whether they were too young to be doing this I said that I need to think about how I give her advice and said I’ll talk to her again on Monday. I think she wants to discuss what she has seen with her son and his girlfriend but I think she shouldn’t. What are your opinions my LH friends?

I would respect their privacy and say nothing about what had been seen. They are of legal age and as long are both consenting then they are doing nothing wrong. It is also based on an assumption as to what is going on.

Well how old are they? Is her son responsible? They are obviously both old enough to be at uni so not exactly kids, so no, I doubt they are too young and if I was her, I wouldn’t even mention anything to her son to avoid embarrassment.

No I wouldn't...they are at least 19 and adults. What were we getting up to at their age?? 🤫😱. Not only that as lots of lovehoney customers know anal lube isn't only for anal sex either.

Definitely she should just let them be. Like others have mentioned, as long as they are both consenting adults, it's their business. She might leave a cheeky note with the laundry or something that says "good lube selection, but you should hide the bottle better"... We're parents, if we can't embaress our kids from time to time then what else would we do?

Just to add, she really shouldn't be discussing her son's private life with her friends either really.

1 Like

I can relate to how awkward it is at that age when you know a parent has found out a little of what goes on behind closed doors. I was fortunate that I never spoke of it and neither did my old partners mother. Seeing her the next time knowing she knew was, looking back, actually quite funny but it was mortifying then.

I agree with what the others have said. Her son is old enough to be having sex, so I don't see her issue with it. To be frank, it's not really any of her business and should respect his privacy. Just because she found some anal lube doesn't mean they are having anal sex, either. It could be for P in V sex or even plain masturbation, for example.

Now that I'm older, I care less and less about what people think about me. I don't really care if people know I own toys, lube or whatever. But when I was younger and more insecure it would have been way more embarrassing for me.

I agree with others - your friend shouldn't mention it because they are consenting adults and it is not her business. If she is worried about what happens 'under her roof', then maybe rethink the sleeping arrangements. That's her only right, here. (Years ago, OH and I were living together, engaged with the date set and in our 30s - he still got the sofa while I got the spare room when we visited his family).

As others have said, anal lube doesn't necessarily mean anal sex. It is thicker so it can be good for women's first sexual experiences, and they may just be using toys etc. You could tell your friend that if she would find it reassuring - it doesn't, of course, mean her son and his girlfriend are not having anal sex, but that really is their own business.

Thanks everyone for all the good advice. I was quite uncomfortable when she unloaded her concerns on me. I will pass on your comments to her on Monday and just hope that she hasn't confronted her son over the weekend.

1 Like

Second everyone else. Her sons old enough, so as long as they are safe and its consentual then its fine. No issues.

We use anal lube for PIV sex, and so what if they are having anal

I really dont think parents should be having a say in childrens sex lifes when they are an adult.

As a parent, the only thing i would add is a quick discussion hoping they are being safe and not risking unwanted pregnancy or STIs and using appropriate protection. This could be done without alluding to acknowledging what has been seen.

I'm not sure many teenagers / young adults would want their parents advising them on the risk of contamination going back to front, that could be a step too far.