Any Anime fans here?

I'm new so I don't know if this has been asked before, but does anyone else (besides me!) love watching anime? If so, what are your favourite series' and genres? My favourite genres are primarily ecchi and slice-of-life. Favourite series includes Nana, Strike Witches, B Gata H Kei, among many, many others!

So if you're an otaku, please share!

I know nothing about it but have watched a few things. Pretty much limited to what's on Netflix tho!!

I love anime! Favourites are: Fullmetal Achemist, Elfen Lied, Fairy Tail, One Punch Man

Oh, gosh. Would you like a list? I don't watch it all the time, but here's a few mentions from over the years: Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, One Punch Man, Death Note, Trigun, Wolf's Rain, Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Beastars, Soul Eater, Claymore, Attack on Titan and Baccano.

1 Like

🙋🏼‍♂️ me! Anime and manga. I like slice of life, BL, all sorts really although not that keen on tech/mecha. Favourites animes have been Junjou Romantica, Yuri on ice, Free!, Ouran High School Host Club, Your Name, Promare, Lucky Star, so so many. There are of course many that I haven't got further through than a couple of episodes too.

Manga some favourites are Ten count, Honto Yajuu and don't be cruel.

Always looking for recommendations.

I like many of the Studio Ghibli films, but that's about it.

Can anyone recommend some things that are similarly twee/cutesy and nostalgiac? Doesn't necessarily need to be fantastical/magical...

@ defam - Little Witch Academia is pretty cutesy. It feels nostalgic because it reminds me so much of Harry Potter (not because it's old, haha). Aggretsuko is cute and funny, too. They are series, so I'm not sure if you're looking for just movies or not. It's hard because most of the anime movies that come to mind are Ghibli. A couple of really good movies are Your Name and A Silent Voice. These are more romance ones, though.

I love anime and manga it’s literally my favourite I’ve also really gotten into Korean dramas !

I have too many to list. But my all time favorite is the Gundam series. Particulalry Wing, Seed, and Iron Blooded Orphans. IBO was the first of the series to make me shed a tear or two in season 2. Outside of that I'm pretty random for anime. usually whatever looks good on Hulu... Like picking up girls in dungeons.

raises hand
Feel like I don’t have much time to sit down and watch anything atm but I like slice of life mostly. Been enjoying movies more than series lately. Loving the remakes of older shows like Digimon and Fruits Basket :relaxed:

1 Like

I’m currently enjoying a subscription to Funimation.
I loved High school DxD, Tsugumomo, Eromanga sensei, In another world with my smartphone. I also loved The devil is a part-timer. I have so many more in my list to look forward to that I cannot list them all.

Hi lovebirds

Have you seen a series called Uzaki-chan wants to hang out?

This is current favourite of mine. :relaxed:

Looks cute

Does pokemon count? :innocent:

Yup, it comes under Anime :slight_smile:

Pokemon, full metal alchemist, black butler, helsing ultimate, death note, soul eater, blood lad, apple seed, steam boy, cowboy bebop
To name a few of my collection

Just finished watching Maid Sama on Blu-ray.

Although I don’t know much about anime, I have fallen in love with it.

I have only just started a Blu-ray collection.:slightly_smiling_face: