Any good reading for Christmas

You and me both! I couldn’t do it and have so much respect for those that do. See what I mean about laughing one minute and crying the next? He definitely has a way with words!

1 Like

I’ll have to look out for that! @CurvyJilly I have the recent Famous Five books, they’re good for a giggle :blush:

1 Like

I had a couple of adult Ladybird books a couple of Famous Five ones too, Five On Brexit Island and Five Give Up The Booze, i found the latter too far fetched! :wink:

1 Like

I have a couple of those ladybird books too. :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, they are quite funny! :slight_smile:

I’m reading a book about the wedding business at the moment, but it’s more of a workbook.

Was going to order a couple of Matt Haig books because I’ve heard they’re good but I’m not into self help books so a bit unsure. I like biographies or true stories like the Adam Kay book. I want to read more during lockdown but can’t decide!

1 Like

@WillC made a start on 1984 last night. Only for a few pages as my eyes were closing after first day back at work! Eager to see how it reads!

1 Like

As an adult it soon became clear just how close we are today, i didn’t really get it as a kid.

1 Like

Will let you know how I’m getting on with it. It’s right up my street so should enjoy it!

1 Like

I look forward to your thoughts on it!

1 Like

@WillC forgot to mention I finished 1984. Can see why it’s one of the most read books of all time and always on lists of books everyone must read! Got animal farm now, just waiting to finish one of my other books before I start it.

1 Like

Brave New World is another along the same lines. I personally preferred it to 1984, but Animal Farm is my overall favourite dystopian novel!

1 Like

Yes Animal Farm is very thought provoking too. But 1984 is so scary because you can see it happening all around us now.

@WelshDragonette I’ve been looking at a brave new world​:joy:

Especially here in Scotland​:grimacing:

1 Like

I’ve bought ’ The Biography of Frida Kahlo’ by Hayden Herrera as a Christmas pressie this year, and I will admit, I’ve read it through already! Cracking read, a very in-depth biography on her life, illnesses and art!

I’ve ordered myself ‘Anna Karenina’ to read, loved the film, and heard the book is a great piece of literature, so excited to get lost in the book!

1 Like