Anyone been for laser hair removal?

I’m thinking of going for laser hair removal on all my pubic hair and wondered if anyone had this done also? Results good or bad, any need to shave any more? I haven’t had pubes for years and started shaving not long after it grew, then started getting waxed. It seems like a regular chore now so something more permanent would be great.

1 Like

It’s not the response you are looking for, but thank you for making a post about this! I have been considering laser hair removal as well but was too afraid to ask haha

There are a few older threads about laser hair removal, but there’s been some talk about it in these threads a little more recently :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I didn’t do laser, I did electrolysis. I chose this primarily because I had had my armpits done years before and the growth back was virtually nil, even after a decade. It was a little painful to get done, but nowhere near as bad for me as waxing, and I thought it worth it for long term results. So I can heartily recommend electrolysis.

I’ve had 3 sessions of laser hair removal after @Sophie01 recommendation and I completely agree with everything that was said and cannot recommend it highly enough myself. I only
Wish I’d forked up and got it ten years ago!!

I got full body laser hair removal in a package deal, it is on the pricier side as I had to pay for it all when booking but long term it saves money as I’m not paying for monthly wax. I noticed changes after the very first session and now after 3 it’s very noticeable- mainly in places like my arms and legs. My pubic hairs are few and sparse from waxing and I’d been trying to grow a landing strip since may but I literally had about 5 pubes as I’ve been waxing for so long. So on the third session I decided to have it all off and I’ve made the decision to be bald forever :sweat_smile::joy:

If you find yourself waxing all the time then yes do it!

3 Likes

My wife had it and like the previous post, after 3 sessions, you don’t need to do anything.
This was about 10 years ago and is brilliant.
Bikini lines, legs and under arms.
I also bought her a home kit one to touch up on any areas that she can do herself. Wasn’t expensive and works well, so maybe try that on an area first.

1 Like

I haven’t tried the salon laser treatment but I have used HPL (the home version) and it was ultimately very disappointing.

Any home machines will be terrible compared to a commercial machine that has cost thousands. My OH has had it done and its so much better for us. No more shaving bumps, ingrown hairs etc. Just smooth all the way

1 Like

Home machines are not terrible. I know it was only a comment but too many people say stuff on here without ever trying it and it scares people off.
Like my previous post, my wife has a home kit and it works fine.
It’s like everything, you get some good ones and some bad ones but I don’t like to see people put off things from a point of view rather than experience.
Laser hair is the same thing where ever it takes place, it doesn’t mean that if it’s done in a shop it will be any good.
Some shops have been awful and that’s why i invested in a home kit, so my wife can do it when she wants to and also not feel embarrassed or anything like that.

1 Like

My wife had full body laser a few years back. She had it done properly by a reputable place with the right kit / training etc and it was brilliant. It takes a course of treatments several weeks apart and each one costs a fair few hundred. I think it was about £8,000 all told when she had it, I believe it’s a bit less now but you’re still looking at several thousand.

Its been 5 or 6 years since she had it done. Some people can require one off ‘top up’ treatments every couple of years (as opposed to a full course costing loads) but wife is still as hairless as ever! :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve not yet done it but my husband has asked for a laser hair removal gadget for Christmas (it’s all wrapped up ) so we will see …

2 Likes

My comment was made after actual experience over a long period using an HPL machine from a very well known manufacturer. For me it made no noticeable difference after regular use over a period of many months.

@rockstar, sorry my comment was for the one above mine. Not aimed at yours, as you clearly mentioned having a bad experience.
The one after is a throw away comment.
When we first looked at local place to get it done, the machine looked like it was from a very cheap pound shop.
Not everywhere is the same, but just because it’s a shop, doesn’t mean it will be better.
There are many coffee shops on the high street, with expensive machinery - doesn’t mean it serves the best coffee.
We have had a very good home experience, so wouldn’t want any comments to scare people off.

1 Like

Sorry but 99/100 a commercial laser machine will be better than a home use tool. The home use tools are not the same

Both myself and my beautiful wife have had laser hair removal. I cannot recommend it enough. Just stay away from any special offers like 6 sessions for 150 pounds/euro… there is a world of difference between medical grade laser (which works) and IPL which is rubbish. All home kits are IPL.
Expect to pay around 120 euro/100 pounds per male genital laser session, or 80 euro/65 pounds per session for female genital laser.
Most courses are 6 sessions to reduce growth by 70-90%, then a further 2 to 4 sessions to complete. Expect a couple of extra once per year sessions to deal with occasional sparse growth. I myself have had 8 sessions and only have a few straggly hairs which would have been dealt with but for covid.

1 Like

I go about every 6-8 weeks for laser hair removal and j can tell you it’s the best choice I have ever made !!! There is zero need to shave as there is zero hair!!! There is zero stubble no follicles at all!!! Smoothest my pubic region as ever been!!! I have sensitive skin and can’t shave so this is absalurly amazing for me I would recommend it for everyone!!

3 Likes

The OH is going for a consolation tomorrow for laser hair removal & possibly start some sessions. Does she need to take her jewellery out & can you have sex after it’s done?

1 Like

Ive always wondered about this mainly cause of my tattos. Ive invested over 100 hours and a lot of money on them. For my full sleeves that connect onto the chest i shave them 1-2 times a week. I figured i spent all that money i dont want hair to hide them.

2 Likes

No I don’t think you need to remove jewellery and yes you can have sex afterwards. I would wait 12-24 hours though only because the skin can get a bit itchy and irritable when it gets hot afterwards. The therapist will advise anyways. Hope it works for her!

1 Like

You won’t be able to get laser over any areas that are tattooed. It can only be done over tattoo-free areas as it can damage your skin.

1 Like