Hollywood anyone?

So, I’ve become a fan of waxing lately… But the only place I’ve never waxed is my lady creak… Anyone had a Hollywood wax? Did it hurt? If so how bad? I’m scared as I’ve only ever shaved there, but not only is it becoming annoying shaving every other day but the shaving rash and itchiness it comes with is super annoying. I’ve had bikini wax… But I’m not sure that’ll be the same :thinking:
Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I have now had Hollywood laser hair removal so don’t get much down there. But before this I used to get a Hollywood wax every month for about 2 years and I would say that it was deffo worth it compared to shaving!!

Yes it was painful but after awhile you get used to the feeling and are able to take it well. I would say that It feels the same pain wise as a bikini wax for the majority, but you are just covering a larger surface area. Although (not to scare you off) but the top part where your hair is the thickest is ALOT more painful than that of the sides and lip areas, but luckily this is quickly removed with 2-3 strips.

It’s so much better than shaving everyday and you don’t get that awkward stubble phase which I always found very uncomfortable and itchy/painful as it would grow back in.

With getting a Hollywood wax i would have 2 weeks of complete smoothness and then by week 3 it would start to grow in slowly, and then by the 1 month mark I would be ready to get another one.

I would recommend getting it once a month right after your period.

Yes these waxes can be pricy (usually about £60) so if this is something that you are wanting as a permeant thing then I would deffo look into Laser hair removal, although maybe give it a year or so of waxes to make sure this is deffo something you want. My laser hair removal ended up coming to £720 for 8 sessions which was enough to get rid of 90% of the hair down there. Thats the same price as 1 YEAR of waxes and laser hair removal is mostly permanent.

But then again it’s all up to personal preference and everyone has slightly different pain tolerences. Hope this helped xx

7 Likes

Hey @MrsG17! Like @Sophie01, I’m now doing laser hair removal but before this I waxed for a while.

In terms of pain levels, it really depends on your pain threshold and also how sensitive your skin is, but it’s definitely not an enjoyable experience. I switched from standard wax to sugar wax and much preferred this - I found sugaring to be less painful, less irritatable and worked a bit better for ingrown hairs.

However, if I’m honest I found waxing in general too annoying having to ride out the re-growth before it was long enough for the next wax. It depends on whether that bothers you or not, but it’s why I went back to shaving and then switched to laser in the end.

1 Like

Wife had done this a couple of times as a treat for me and said it hurt like hell (very grateful husband LOL)!

She had some laser hair removal a while back on a couple of small areas and was so impressed that a couple of years ago she had a fair bit done (including the Hollywood) and it’s never come back. She (we) spent quite a bit on it but she’s really happy, she hasn’t shaved or waxed anything for almost 3 years. Apparently some people can need maintenance treatments every few years but she hasn’t so far and the first bits she had done are almost 5 years old now.

Expensive but 100000% recommended.

1 Like

I’m a hollywooder! I think I have a relatively high pain threshold as mine doesn’t really hurt too bad. The lips are definitely the worst bit, they do hurt, but the rest, totally fine.

@Sophie01 £60?! Wowww. I only pay £40 for a top place in Edinburgh!

My hair is definitely thinner now and softer when it does grow back.

I think I’m about 1.5-2 weeks really smooth then it starts to properly grow in again. It’s definitely worth doing compared to shaving. You need to get out the habit of shaving between waxes though!

1 Like

@Sophie01 thank you so much for your detailed reply.

Did it hurt to have lazer down there?

Did you have a wax and then lazer afterwards?
I have a lazer machine myself, as I have PCOS, I’ve found myself needing help with my hair.

Thanks for your help x

1 Like

@SexInTheCity thank you for your reply.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of sugar wax :thinking: what is it? Is it something you make yourself? I’m so intrigued.
Thanks again x

@SW2003 hi, thank you for replying.
So this question is perfect for you…
Do you prefer hair or no hair?
Thanks again, can’t no wait for your answer x

@ChloJakes I was thinking about the lips, like being ripped off :hushed::grimacing::pleading_face:
Ouchy!
I just hate shaving, it’s a thing that needs to be done everyday and I just don’t have time to do that everyday, but i absolutely love it when I do. Nice and smooth, no mess down there, plus it looks cute… I think I may have to have it waxed :see_no_evil: how did you feel lying there with your legs spread while someone was down there giving you pain rather than pleasure? :relaxed: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: X

I’ve had mine Hollywood waxed for 10+ years and funnily enough decided yesterday to get laser as it’s more cost effective and less hassle. I totally recommend waxing as yes it’s painful the first few times but you soon get used to it.

I agree with @Sophie01 that the thickest part of your hair on the lower part of your mons pubis is the most painful part, lips are fine! I haven’t shaved once since my first day of waxing every time I go they always say there’s hardly any hair and I get discount!! I sometimes even pluck my hairs as they’re so fine now!

I get mine waxed with hot wax which is expensive at £65 but it’s virtually pain free, I totally recommend it and wouldn’t use strip wax as it’s more painful. The salon doesn’t offer sugar wax but if they did I would go for that as it’s also less painful than strip wax, I use it at home on my legs and under arms and I’ve found it much nicer on my skin.

2 Likes

@PrettyKitty24 thanks for your reply, appreciate it :blush:
Wow! 10 years! How often did you get waxed at the begining?
I wouldn’t do it myself or use the wax strips as I know the wax strips do not work on any part of my body,I’d be totally wasting money on them.

Thanks again x

No hair, every time.

The only hair she has is on her head and I love it!

1 Like

No worries :blush:

Yes it does hurt but nowhere near as much as waxing. Most places advertise laser as painless, but it’s really not!! :hot_face:

The sides and lip areas are basically pain free, but the top area where the hair is the thickest is very prickly (but only lasts about 20 seconds in a session and then that area is done.

After the first session I notices a massive difference and only had to do a quick shave in between appointments. But now that I am done I get virtually no hair so haven’t shaved in months.

It’s important to note that when you are getting laser hair removal NOT to wax in-between sessions as this pulls out the damaged follicles (delaying the hair removal process) as new healthy follicles grow in. Laser hair removal works by zapping and damaging the hair folicules.

Before my laser appointments I would just do a quick shave as they require you to be hairless for the appointment, but after the first session it’s so much easier to shave as you don’t have anywhere near as much hair down their (which helps with less razor bumps and ingrown hairs.

2 Likes

@Sophie01 thank you, I was going to ask if you can wax inbetween appointments of lazer. :+1:t3:
How many sessions of lazer did you have?
Thanks again x

1 Like

I had 8 in total x

1 Like

I got waxed pretty much monthly in the beginning and then after a while like every 8 weeks. Now i get it done like every 3 months or basically whenever I grow a full bush as I just pluck in between! It’s been so expensive but it beats shaving!

1 Like

Did you get Hollywood laser? I’m torn between all off or a landing strip type style even though I’ve always had a Hollywood I don’t know if I’ll regret having it all lasered off.

1 Like

@PrettyKitty24 how about you try lazer around and leave a landing strip and just get it waxed off when you want…? X

Yes I got Hollywood laser which is EVERYTHING gone. I personally don’t like hair on myself and have been waxing/shaving everything off for years, so when deciding to finally get laser, it was a no brainer for me to just get the full thing done.

Like @MrsG17 said, u could keep a strip and just wax or shave it every so often if you want to be completely bare.

1 Like