Are we able to private message members

As title says?

In a word .... No

And if you needed a few extra words this is what the official blurb says: πŸ™‚

Lovehoney Chat - Where is it? Can we have it?

[We] used to have a private chat system where members could talk to one another one-on-one. Sadly we were forced to remove this system as it was impossible for us to moderate conversations and protect our members.

Lovehoney has never been (and will never be) a place for arranging hookups, private cybersex, phone fun or flirting. There are plenty of other websites designed specifically for this purpose, and these sites have tools in place to protect their members properly.

Lovehoney is a place for open discussions about sex, and anything you say here should be able to be said publicly. If not, it’s probably breaking the rules and best said elsewhere! If you’re unsure of the do’s and don’ts of posting on the forum please check out the Forum Rules.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1651027-forum-faqs/

No because people took advantage of it and harassed other members

Well IMO it may have been better to ban those that harassed anyone, only reason i'm asking is someone has made a post and there is something in there that i wanted to ask a follow up question on but do not feel comfy doing it in open forum, i know everyone will say what gets spoke about here how can anyone get embarrassed etc but some of us sad folks (like me) still feel uneasy.

It's no big deal i just want ask the question that's all shame others screwed it up, but i guess that is life

Ah, no worries. πŸ™‚ If you aren't comfortable asking, most topics cycle back round again at some point, so you may get more info when it crops up again. You could always try searching for similar threads to see if it's been asked and answered before? The search function is pretty limited, but the 'google' method helps:

If ever the search feature isn't working well, try the good old google method. It can be more complex in search terms to return more specific results. Copy and paste the following into Google, but change the "search" in quotation marks to whatever you want to search for:

site:www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/ "search"

This will only show results from the Lovehoney Forum.

Hope this is useful. πŸ™‚

It's cut a bit of that example off on my phone, but if you flip to landscape you should be able to see it all. πŸ‘

Ian Chimp wrote:

Ah, no worries. πŸ™‚ If you aren't comfortable asking, most topics cycle back round again at some point, so you may get more info when it crops up again. You could always try searching for similar threads to see if it's been asked and answered before? The search function is pretty limited, but the 'google' method helps:

Hope this is useful. πŸ™‚

I have been here for about 3 hours trying to find the post i saw from "KinkyMira" but for the life of me i can't find it even gone through my history and still can't find the post i want, i have had enough for tonight i'm off to bed, i'll try more on Wednesday

bobajoblad wrote:

I have been here for about 3 hours trying to find the post i saw from "KinkyMira" but for the life of me i can't find it even gone through my history and still can't find the post i want, i have had enough for tonight i'm off to bed, i'll try more on Wednesday

It sounds like you may know this already, but I'll mention it just in case. All posts by a particular member are grouped together on their profile page. You can access any of them by clicking on the username or profile picture in the box to the left of every post. Here's the link to KinkyMira's profile:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/kinkymira/

If I'm thinking of the same question as you are then Tasha Yar is the security chief on the Enterprise before Worf gets the job. πŸ™‚

Yea tried that and still can't remember the title of he thread, i know she did not start the thread she chipped in, if i can't find it soon i will post a thread with her name as the title and hopefully she will respond and point me to the right thread, thanks for eveyone's input

I'm afraid directing a thread to just one person will be against the forum rules, and will probably be deleted. Good luck with the hunt though. πŸ‘ And if you change your mind and you decide you do want some help I'm sure we can find it if you give us a little direction. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

bobajoblad wrote:

Yea tried that and still can't remember the title of he thread, i know she did not start the thread she chipped in, if i can't find it soon i will post a thread with her name as the title and hopefully she will respond and point me to the right thread, thanks for eveyone's input

I'm afraid that doesn't narrow it down much. I don't start many threads at all.

What was it about? I might remember where I posted it.

If you are too embarrassed then click on KinkyMiras name and then scroll down to her posts...click on view all posts and scroll through all her posts. You have been a member a week so it shouldn't take you long to find it...hope this helps.

Well think i have found the post Mira it was this post here that got my attention:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1780820-sleeping-with-toys-inside

I'm not going to bore your with details but can you elaborate more on how it helps you with stress and does the same thing work for your hubby (different bodies and all that).

I hadn't really thought about it. I guess it works the same way as a comfort blanket, something familar that you can feel the physical sensation on your body, with a link to good memories and feelings.

I was very anxious in the early days (because of history), and I mentioned it one day when he was at work. He suggested I put the butt plug in, sat in my really soft teddy bear dressing gown, and imagined he was wrapped around me hugging with his cock in my ass, and when he got home, he actually did wrap himself around me and put his cock in my ass. Since then, wearing the butt plug when I'm a little anxious invokes those and other good memories and therefore calms me down.

The other way it helps with stress is how it can distract at helpful times. Because you can always feel it in, and it gives me good and naughty feelings and memories, it can distract and reduce the impact of the stressful situation (for example, complaining in a shop - the good feelings interrupt the anger and frustration).

It works for my husband to some degree, although he has never been as anxious as I got.

OK thanks for explaining it to me i know it sounds weird coming here and talking about stress it's a bit of a psssion killer, but as i say thx for explaining things a bit for me.

Stress certainly is a passion killer, and we've been actively managing stress for some time now. Whilst life is stressful, trying to manage the smaller stresses that are in your control is a good start. Good luck!