One on one private messaging

Hi all. Anyone else feel it would be a nice touch to the site to be able to contact other members one to one. May help some of the shy ones feel a little more confident rather than expressing themselves to the whole community. Would be nice also to wish people happy birthday and other special occasions personally through a private message.

Anyone else have a opinion on this matter, love to hear from you all.

what do you think Lovehoney's Leanne can it be done?

Love_2_play wrote:

Hi all. Anyone else feel it would be a nice touch to the site to be able to contact other members one to one. May help some of the shy ones feel a little more confident rather than expressing themselves to the whole community. Would be nice also to wish people happy birthday and other special occasions personally through a private message.

Anyone else have a opinion on this matter, love to hear from you all.

Yes I have a view on this and it sucks.. There are threads to wish people happy birthday, or comment on other news.

The moment this becomes an option, IMHO is the day this place goes south. The appeal of this place is the friendliness AND annominuity working hand in hand together.

Please Leanne if it could be done -DON'T DO IT

Hi Love_2_play, there did used to be a private message feature a number of years ago but apparently it was such a pain in the arse to moderate that it was stopped. I believe a number of people were getting rather graphic and unwanted messages and basically feeling hassled .

Leanne has mentioned a couple of times in the past that this feature is very unlikely to be brought back.

So is there no way to contact someone privately? I'm new to this and looking for advice on a million things but sometimes too shy to do it to everyone? I do agree it could just turn into a hook up site if we did so it's a shame there's no happy medium :(

PushThoseLimits wrote:

So is there no way to contact someone privately? I'm new to this and looking for advice on a million things but sometimes too shy to do it to everyone? I do agree it could just turn into a hook up site if we did so it's a shame there's no happy medium :(

No, there's no private way to contact anyone on here and also revealing any contact details is against the rules.

If you have a question just fire away ! no one knows who you are on here . That's what I love about this site, it's totally anonymous :)

If it's one 2 one chat you are after there are plenty of other places to go - Twitter Twatter springs to mind.

Personally I hate all that and comfort myself on the security and anonimity of this forum - long may it stay this way xxx

No private messaging at all. I wouldn't want there to be. If you're too shy to ask questions to begin with, then the games can be a great way to get involved with the community until you feel ready to talk on other topics. There's no judgement here, so please don't feel like you can't ask any questions you might have. It's all anonymous so there's no worries there either :)

I believe Jess has also stated that this feature will never be coming back. Too much hassle to moderate and people were uncomfortable with unsolicited, graphic messages. People used the chat to break the forum rules too often. It's much better being all open!

I don't see why you need to put it in capitals to Leanne. I joined after the private messaging was removed from what I hear it is much better without and won't be returning. This is a open forum where people openly give advice and there is a happy birthday thread to comment on.

only reason it was aimed at Leanne was i assumed she may have been able to put something in place as she works for them. There wasn't meant to be any favouritism aimed to certain people so if you feel this way I really do apologise. So many bad views on this happening but from one user. As foe the person who stated go elsewhere to talk privately. This would be OK but if you felt confident talking to 1 person there's not an option to get a name this is why I felt it may be a good idea. But I can't see it happening with so many negative views. There's no sugar coating from tiger dick he's really against it. This is why I did this just to get the views

Yes it would be Leanne that would reply just could have typed it in normal sized writing.

Love 2 Play - On forums, the use of all caps is seen as shouting, which is kinda frowned upon. I think that's why BG asked.

It's not going to happen, multiple members of staff have already said so on numerous occasions that private chat will never be coming back. I know there's a specific person you enjoy talking to here, but maybe you'll feel comfortable talking to others over time too :)

Also - if you are hoping to become a tester, it will never happen if you just have a list of things you want to try.

Your list should only contain items currently on the tester list.

Have a little read of 'how to become a sex toys tester' and adjust your list xxx

I think the point has been made now.

I'm with Tiger Dick. There are other places to do that.

Oh dear I wish I'd of stayed away from this subject it appears to be a bad one.

Jess and Leanne responded to a previous thread on the same matter http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1525976-personal-messages-inbox/

I personally agree with the current policy. Private messaging opens up the possibility of abuse, and doesn't look good on the company. And besides, this forum is pretty much anonymous anyway, not like posting on the forum and messaging privately makes a difference.

PushThoseLimits: the "happy medium" is this forum! Everyone's happy to offer advice, and it's probably easier to get good responses here than through private messaging. If you need specific help in certain areas, there's the ask the expert threads for lingerie + bondage/essentials :)

Love_2_play wrote:

Oh dear I wish I'd of stayed away from this subject it appears to be a bad one.

I think it's just that it has been discussed before and LH have made it clear it is not going to return.

It is also quite clear that a lot of members feel safe here because that facility is not available.

Just goes to show how passionate people are on here - don't worry - after all it is the place for open discussion.

Deep breath and carry on xxxx

LNT thanks for that. I just didnt fany trawling through the huge amounts of forums before starting this 1. Its good that people are having a opinion on the matter though and with such passion. Cracking pins btw

Your welcome - and thank you.

Don't forget to have a read of this regarding testing

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/testers/

Xx

Love_2_play wrote:

LNT thanks for that. I just didnt fany trawling through the huge amounts of forums before starting this 1. Its good that people are having a opinion on the matter though and with such passion. Cracking pins btw

I didn't have to trawl through the forums, I just used the forum search function and typed in "private messaging". The one I linked you was one of the first few that popped up. Always worth looking :)