Are you open about your sexuality

@Tenshadesandme I have seen you refer to non-monogamous a couple of times now. Does that reference poly or open relationship if you don’t mind me asking. If poly, I will start a new discussion because
I do have some questions on that. Open relationship I totally get and will leave it at that.

1 Like

Whew @be3169 , how much time do you have? I’m quintessentially mono-polyamorous (hubby is monogamous by choice) but not looking for another partner at current. Very long story shortened, I was emotionally involved with a married man who wanted to be romantically involved with me, but wouldn’t be honest with his wife about us and was also jealous because my husband already had what he wanted to have with me (monogamy). That caused a lot of tension and ended with a lot of arguments. We broke up, he got divorced and moved on.

Then I ended up with a friend of mine, who is also mono-poly and had apparently liked me for a time. He’s a long-time Dom so ours became a partnership - as well as a D/s relationship - focusing on educating others who are curious about the D/s lifestyle. He and hubby were good friends too, so I was shared by them.

Nine months into our relationship he told me that he had “alarm bells” about getting with me so soon after my ex, even though he was the one who suggested the relationship to me at the time. He knew I needed time to recover and he’d been more than willing to give it to me, so I’d been open to seeing how our relationship could go, as it did. He’d given me no reason to suspect that he was unhappy, or had ever had any doubts.

Ultimately, I decided that I don’t want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn’t want to be in a relationship with me, and so I ended it with him. He wanted to stay friends and keep flirting but I refused because I knew I already loved him, and watching him move on and keep me in reserve would crush my self-esteem. We haven’t spoken in now three weeks and I miss my friend like crazy, even as just that, a friend. I wish everyday now that I’d never agreed to get into a relationship with him if I could have seen how it ends.

So that’s my story. Yes, I’m polyamorous. I do fall in love with people very easily, but I’m trying to stop myself :slight_smile:
Questions are always welcome, of course. I do have some posts on my site about polyamory but not sure if I can share them here.

LOL… I didn’t mean for you to type so such but do appreciate the sharing and a very interesting relationship status. I just found we both seemed to end up in the same discussions and on the same page. I will still start a poly discussion if I can’t find an older thread and hopefully you will join in. Appreciate the discussions with you so far.

1 Like

It was a bit like that :rofl:

That’s no problem, I shall keep an eye and join if I feel I can contribute. Probably though, because we do seem to have made a habit of it. As always, it’s great discussing topics with you too.

For lack of a way better term… is your “base” hubby stable through all this? Based on what you posted he certainly sounds committed.

I have been pretty open with the wife on this, I would be somewhere between bisexual and heteroflexible, in that I don’t imagine kissing guys, but have a strong desire to give oral, ideally ‘tag teaming’ a well hung guy as a couple. There is a bit of cuckold dynamic going on too.

Love the term hetroflexible BTW. I am of the mind to try everything once and the fun things twice. I didn’t care for M/M kissing or snowballing but ok with both with a female. Otherwise, had fun with all the other man bits but also don’t want a man in the bed in the morning.

For the most part, my sex life is my own business as far as face-to-face interactions go (LH forums being the exception to the rule!). How much I reveal of that sex life is dependent entirely on who in talking to, how much I trust them, and a host of other considerations.