Ask the Expert: All Things Lingerie

Many thanks we will give it a go

Also, do love honey sell suspender straps? One of my OH's outfits has lost all 4 suspenders straps, they've come unhooked and we can't find them.

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Lovehoney - Sammi Cole wrote:

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Fun Louise wrote:

Ok so I'm being picky now but in who's world is a size 14-16 a 2xl -3xl? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37137

Lord - what does that make me???

I guess its that particular range - but come on guys, talk about give a girl a complex!!

Xxxx

Hi Fun Louise and lovingnewtoys,

It is a strange sizing system with the Casmir items, I agree! Unfortunately, every brand defines SM/L/XL differently, and it seems that their designs run on the small side, hence the sizing.

Thanks,

Sammi

Thanks for the reply, but surely as a company they must realise they run the risk of alienating a huge number potential customers.

Not your issue I know, but could be worth feeding back to them xxx

Hi lovingnewtoys, 

I'll definitely pass it onto our buying team to consider with future products from this supplier.

Thanks!

Sammi

Theatreman wrote:

Also, do love honey sell suspender straps? One of my OH's outfits has lost all 4 suspenders straps, they've come unhooked and we can't find them.

Hi Theatreman, 

We don't sell individual suspender straps, I'm afraid. Are you able to use any from other lingerie sets that your OH has?

Thanks,

Sammi

I have brought so many items of lingerie plus size i have large boobs even for plus size im alway stuffing my self in lol but love the lingerie so i do it. I was wondering if you will match cup sizes to you lingerie please i keep reading reviews on small cups and it is everytime in my case. Im bigger girl with even bigger boobies haha

glittergirl wrote:

I have brought so many items of lingerie plus size i have large boobs even for plus size im alway stuffing my self in lol but love the lingerie so i do it. I was wondering if you will match cup sizes to you lingerie please i keep reading reviews on small cups and it is everytime in my case. Im bigger girl with even bigger boobies haha

Hi glittergirl, 

Thanks for your question. This is something that comes up quite regularly - as you can see even from other posts on this thread, we have requests from some people for larger cups in plus size lingerie, while others are requesting smaller cups as plus size dress doesn't always equal plus size boobs.

Unfortunately, for both base size and plus size women, bust size doesn't always match up neatly with dress size, which can be a real struggle when it comes to creating lingerie! Our Lovehoney Lingerie designer always tries to make our lingerie as flexible as possible (with stretch materials/adjustable straps/lacing and ties), but, sadly, not every style will fit every person the same way.

If you are struggling with the cups on the plus size lingerie, I'd suggest choosing styles without underwiring or padding. While soft cup lingerie doesn't always give enough support for day-to-day wear, it's a lot more flexible than lingerie with moulded or underwired cups, meaning it can comfortably fit a wider range of bust sizes for bedroom wear.

Thanks, 

Sammi

Glittergirl don't put your self down like that you look amazing and don't let anyone tell you any different xx

Glittergirl don't put your self down like that you look amazing and don't let anyone tell you any different xx

Lovehoney - Sammi Cole wrote:

glittergirl wrote:

Hi glittergirl,

Thanks for your question. This is something that comes up quite regularly - as you can see even from other posts on this thread, we have requests from some people for larger cups in plus size lingerie, while others are requesting smaller cups as plus size dress doesn't always equal plus size boobs.

Unfortunately, for both base size and plus size women, bust size doesn't always match up neatly with dress size, which can be a real struggle when it comes to creating lingerie! Our Lovehoney Lingerie designer always tries to make our lingerie as flexible as possible (with stretch materials/adjustable straps/lacing and ties), but, sadly, not every style will fit every person the same way.

If you are struggling with the cups on the plus size lingerie, I'd suggest choosing styles without underwiring or padding. While soft cup lingerie doesn't always give enough support for day-to-day wear, it's a lot more flexible than lingerie with moulded or underwired cups, meaning it can comfortably fit a wider range of bust sizes for bedroom wear.

Thanks,

Sammi

thank you for that advice sammi i will definitely keep that in mind for my next purchase think it will help alot x

We88er wrote:

that's very kind of you thank you

Unfortunately they are stockings that need suspenders, we are after hold ups!

Hi Sammi, I'm a dress size 18-20 (nearer 20 ) at present, but I have 38F/FF bust.

Im looking at this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37026

Is there a difference in the bust/cup size between the 1x/2x and the 3x/4x?

Im planning on losing some weight in the new year and don't want the body to be too big if I choose the larger size, or the cup to be too small. Any guidence is welcome. Thanks

Theatreman wrote:

Unfortunately they are stockings that need suspenders, we are after hold ups!

Hi Theatreman, 

At the moment, we don't have any nude and black seamed hold-ups, but we do have several pairs of black seamed hold-ups, such as these ones

Thanks, 

Sammi

Fun Louise wrote:

Hi Sammi, I'm a dress size 18-20 (nearer 20 ) at present, but I have 38F/FF bust.

Im looking at this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37026

Im planning on losing some weight in the new year and don't want the body to be too big if I choose the larger size, or the cup to be too small. Any guidence is welcome. Thanks

Hi Fun Louise, 

The 1x/2x has an overbust measurement of 40-46 inches, with the 3x/4x measuring 46-50 inches, so there is quite a substantial difference between the cups on the two. With this and your cup size in mind, I'd suggest the 1X/2X over the larger size, particularly if you think your size will be changing slightly. 

Thanks!

Sammi

Fun Louise wrote:

Im looking at this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37026

Hi Fun Louise, 

The 1x/2x has an overbust measurement of 40-46 inches, with the 3x/4x measuring 46-50 inches, so there is quite a substantial difference between the cups on the two. With this and your cup size in mind, I'd suggest the 1X/2X over the larger size, particularly if you think your size will be changing slightly. 

Thanks!

Sammi

hello ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Evening Sammi! Sorry if this has been asked already but are we getting this in the blue?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36215

VioletWolf wrote:

Evening Sammi! Sorry if this has been asked already but are we getting this in the blue?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36215

Hi VioletWolf, 

Thanks for your question. We're not bringing this in in blue at the moment, but it could be a future colourway!

Thanks, 

Sammi

Hi
Dressing up for myself & a man is something that always appealed to me but my ex & my fwb were not interested. I've found someone new who is very interested in seeing me dressed up (yay!) Problem is, I don't have much & I don't really know where to start! I have these amazing fishnet stockings with a stud line up the back of my legs, but can't seem to find anything that would work with it. Lace & satin don't really go with them or at least not what I have. I am about a UK size 18-20 in most things, big boobs that need support so a decent cup & support is a must. I had bought a basque but the cup was way too small & the straps were too far towards my arm pits to offer any sort of support & a bra just took away the look of it :( I would like something simple, sexy & not too slutty just yet to ease myself in without it being too scary... any ideas? Thanks

Hi JoCat, 

Thanks for your question. Sounds like a chemise might work better than a basque for you, as they often have soft cups, which makes them more flexible when it comes to fitting larger busts. Many are also underwired, or feature deeper underbust bands for extra support.

The Adore Me chemise could be just what you're looking for, as the underbust band and wide shoulder straps gives comfy support without wiring, and it comes with suspender straps for those amazing stockings of yours, too! Plus, because it's made of microfibre with just a few lace accents, it'll show off the fishnet really well, and it's the right blend of sexy enough to wow both you and your partner, while still keeping you feeling comfortable. 

Hope that's some help!

Thanks, 

Sammi