Ask the Expert: All Things Lingerie

Hi Richie1, 

I'm glad you're pleased with it! Enjoy :)

Thanks, 

Sammi

Hi Richie1, 

I'm glad you're pleased with it! Enjoy :)

Thanks, 

Sammi

Stocking... I struggle with proper storage and have been resorting to zip lock bags to keep them together and snag free but wondering if anyone else has a better idea that I can easily see into and protects my investment.

Vanessa8 wrote:

Stocking... I struggle with proper storage and have been resorting to zip lock bags to keep them together and snag free but wondering if anyone else has a better idea that I can easily see into and protects my investment.

Hi Vanessa8,

Have you tried any of our lingerie storage bags? This one's just the right size for stockings, keeps your favourite pairs together, and reduces the chances of snagging on other lingerie items. 

Thanks, 

Sammi

Yes, I have a few of the lovely lace lingerie bags but I can't see into them so I find myself only using those for black hold ups that are plain and I also love those bags to store in my bra and panty sets that are fancy from Lovehoney! I know this sounds like a total "first world" problem of a lingerie addict but i have to label the little baggies for fishnet, patterns, back seam, hold ups vs. traditional "non stick" style.

Hi I'm new to Love honey and the community forum and I was wondering if you could tell if the Love honey black mini dress is a snug fit.
Is there a good possibility that it will disguise a flabby tummy with stretch marks and hold my boobs in correct position, rather than those elusive boobs trying to hide under my armpits.
I would love to be that sexy scrummy woman to my hubby again and I'm really hoping this will help achieve this.
Thanks

Scared'lil'pussy wrote:

Hi I'm new to Love honey and the community forum and I was wondering if you could tell if the Love honey black mini dress is a snug fit.
Is there a good possibility that it will disguise a flabby tummy with stretch marks and hold my boobs in correct position, rather than those elusive boobs trying to hide under my armpits.
I would love to be that sexy scrummy woman to my hubby again and I'm really hoping this will help achieve this.
Thanks

Hi Scared'lil'pussy, 

Which mini dress was it you were looking at? Our mini dresses are made from stretch fabrics that are deisgned to fit a range of sizes so they are quite figure-hugging, and if you're conscious of your tummy and need a little more structure, they could leave you feeling a little uncomfortable.

For the kind of look that you're describing, I'd recommend something like a babydoll with underwired cups, like this one, this one, or this one, plus there are loads more in our Underwired Lingerie section.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, 

Sammi

Thanks Sammi, I am a size 10 in clothing normally so I decided to go for the Lovehoney Hourglass Black Mini Dress, I don't have a huge overhang of tummy but like most woman I think it looks bigger cause it's on me lol. I choose this due to the solid black front panelling and I thought it may disguise it a tiny bit. The dress I have bought is for bedroom wear only as a seduction for hubby, hoping short enough for him to look for more.
Thank you for your suggestions Sammi they are very pretty and sexy really like the black one, need to add to wishlist to see if hubby dares to be brave. 😂

Hello,

Just wondering why when advertising photos atre taken for stockings there are some pictures of hold ups being used with suspenders, and some non hold ups shown without suspenders?

This can be a bit confusing if you just take a quick look at the pictures without reading the whole description - just an observation!!

Xx

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Hello,

Just wondering why when advertising photos atre taken for stockings there are some pictures of hold ups being used with suspenders, and some non hold ups shown without suspenders?

This can be a bit confusing if you just take a quick look at the pictures without reading the whole description - just an observation!!

Xx

Hi lovingnewtoys,

Thanks for your question. Most of the time, this is due to the images we're sent by our suppliers, as this is how they've chosen to style them. I know this can be confusing, which is why I try to make it clear in the descriptions whether they need suspenders or not :)

Thanks!

Sammi

Hi Sammy,

Will LH produce more items in the absolutely gorgeous "claret" colour of the Indulge Me range? (I've just received the long chemise and was blown away - the computer screens don't do the colour justice at all.) I'd love to have something in microfibre (like a sucessor to the red/black Adore Me chemise - and why is that being discontinued? It's one of my favorite items...) Or "normal" knickers (i. e. not open crotch). Or a (long) robe to go over the chemise... By the way, I think it would be helpful if the website didn't call the colour "purple" - to my eyes there's not enough blue in the colour for it to be purple, and there's already several "purples" being sold by LH. I find the "claret" on the label much more descriptive and distinguishing...

Secondly I have a problem with basques; the stays in front have a tendency to be too long. In the Adore Me basque it's sort of okay when I'm not slouching, but the Spoil Me (this one: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32859 - and why was the name changed) was unwearable for me because I just couldn't sit down with it. Which is a pity because otherwise it might be the most stunning and flattering item of lingerie I've ever bought from LH. Would it have been possible to remove the stays in front? I couldn't see a way to do it while I had it (but it's on sale again).

Thanks!

Lovehoney - Sammi Cole wrote:

captainmeow wrote:

captainmeow wrote:

Hi Sammi,

I'm wondering if Lovehoney sells anything similar to shapewear, but that sits lower down the body? Something that would go under a backless dress. The closest I've found is the Seduce Me skirt (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36241), but that seems to go all the way up to the belly button.

Hi captainmeow,

Thanks for your question. We don't sell any shapewear as such, and most of the lingerie that's similar to shapewear tends to be quite high-waisted. Can I ask how low the back of the dress goes, and what kind of thing you're after?

Thanks,

Sammi

The back of the dress goes down to about the level of the lowest rib at the front, if you trace that to the back. If that makes any sense, don't really know how best to describe it!

I'm looking for something that will smooth out the edges and curves under a form-fitting dress. I don't really need it to do what corsets do and redistribute fat, just don't want to see odd bumps where my legs meet my hips, for instance. I know I could probably just get spanx elsewhere, but I was wondering if it was possible to get something that also looks good when the dress comes off.

Hi captainmeow,

The best thing that I could recommend would be some of the deeper lace shorts (such as the Flirty ones), as they create a smoother line across the hips than thongs or briefs, and will sit low enough down the waist that you won't see them under the dress.

Alternatively, for sexy-looking shapewear, I'd definitely recommend some of the vintage-style lingerie retailers like Kiss Me Deadly or What Katie Did.

Hopefully that's some help!

Thanks,

Sammi

Thanks for the reply Sammi! Didn't notice this earlier. Will look into your suggestions! What about items that can go under a tight-fitting full-length dress? Or is it likely to show under the dress?

Hello Sammi!

Which stockings or hold ups would you recommend for me that would be the same size/length as these? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21305

I bought a pair recently and I absolutely adore them. They are the perfect length for my short legs. I wanted to buy more pairs but they are now sold out and discontinued... ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

I tried the Lovehoney sheer hold ups (these ones: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32645 ) but they are too high on my thigh, they reach just under my bum which can be handy wih a short skirt but isn't very sexy with a suspender belt for example... so I definitely need some shorter ones, like the pair on the first link I posted, their length is exactly what I need!

Thanks for your help ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Wings wrote:

i need some pointers on what might work well for my wife.

She's a UK size 14 mostly, with 36C-D boobs. She's really conscious of a podgy tummy after several pregnancies has slim hips shapely legs but the real difficulty is her rib cage. She's had her chest cavity opened up for suregery a few times, and that's meant that below the typical bra-line is perhaps wider than it would therwise be, so lingerie that might fit over her chest is then too narrow over the part between boobs and tummy. Is this making any sense?

TIA

Hi Wings,

Thanks for your question. It sounds like the best options for your wife would be some of the more unstructured lingerie, such as babydolls, which skim over the torso and tummy but show off her legs.

With regard to the underbust fit, choosing lingerie styles with sliders across the back or a tie-up underbust would be best, as it can be easily adjusted and is less restrictive than a hook-and-eye closure, or no closure at all. With this in mind, I've picked out a few styles which I think would work best:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37004 - features a ribbon-tie back
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36686 - features a ribbon-tie back
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36987 - only fitted across the shoulders

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks,

Sammi

thank you Sammi

Talia wrote:

Hi Sammy,

Will LH produce more items in the absolutely gorgeous "claret" colour of the Indulge Me range? (I've just received the long chemise and was blown away - the computer screens don't do the colour justice at all.) I'd love to have something in microfibre (like a sucessor to the red/black Adore Me chemise - and why is that being discontinued? It's one of my favorite items...) Or "normal" knickers (i. e. not open crotch). Or a (long) robe to go over the chemise... By the way, I think it would be helpful if the website didn't call the colour "purple" - to my eyes there's not enough blue in the colour for it to be purple, and there's already several "purples" being sold by LH. I find the "claret" on the label much more descriptive and distinguishing...

Secondly I have a problem with basques; the stays in front have a tendency to be too long. In the Adore Me basque it's sort of okay when I'm not slouching, but the Spoil Me (this one: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32859 - and why was the name changed) was unwearable for me because I just couldn't sit down with it. Which is a pity because otherwise it might be the most stunning and flattering item of lingerie I've ever bought from LH. Would it have been possible to remove the stays in front? I couldn't see a way to do it while I had it (but it's on sale again).

Thanks!

Hi Talia, 

Thanks for your questions. For the time being, we're only making the Indulge Me collection in that colourway, as it's a limited edition collection, but I'll pass your comments regarding the colour and new style suggestions onto our designer. It's also worth adding your lingerie suggestions to the Great big suggestions thread, as this is where the buyers and designers tend to check for new products. 

With regards to making more knickers with a crotch, we tend to sell more crotchless knickers than any other style, which is why we offer so many more crotchless options. When we started the Lovehoney Lingerie brand, we received lots of customer requests for non-crotchless knickers, which is why we created the Flirty brand as well; however, we have to create and stock the items that we know will sell best.

Unfortunately, we have to discontinue some of our lines from time to time to make way for new and exciting products! The Adore Me range has been around for a while, having been launched for Valentine's Day 2015, so we're downsizing the collection a little in order to bring you even more lingerie in the coming months. 

With basques, it's an industry standard to make them using plastic bones, which obviously don't have the sturdy structure of the steel ones of genuine corsets, hence the bending which can sometimes occur. The bones will obviously sit differently on different heights, as well, which can affect the look from one person to another. Removing the stays of the satin basque could only really have been done by making a small incision in the seaming at the base of the bones and sliding them out, but, as you say, this could have damaged the basque if done incorrectly.  

Also, the name change is down to a new way of naming our lingerie collections that we're trialling at the moment. 

Thanks, 

Sammi

captainmeow wrote:

captainmeow wrote:

captainmeow wrote:

Hi Sammi,

I'm wondering if Lovehoney sells anything similar to shapewear, but that sits lower down the body? Something that would go under a backless dress. The closest I've found is the Seduce Me skirt (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36241), but that seems to go all the way up to the belly button.

Hi captainmeow,

Thanks for your question. We don't sell any shapewear as such, and most of the lingerie that's similar to shapewear tends to be quite high-waisted. Can I ask how low the back of the dress goes, and what kind of thing you're after?

Thanks,

Sammi

The back of the dress goes down to about the level of the lowest rib at the front, if you trace that to the back. If that makes any sense, don't really know how best to describe it!

I'm looking for something that will smooth out the edges and curves under a form-fitting dress. I don't really need it to do what corsets do and redistribute fat, just don't want to see odd bumps where my legs meet my hips, for instance. I know I could probably just get spanx elsewhere, but I was wondering if it was possible to get something that also looks good when the dress comes off.

Hi captainmeow,

The best thing that I could recommend would be some of the deeper lace shorts (such as the Flirty ones), as they create a smoother line across the hips than thongs or briefs, and will sit low enough down the waist that you won't see them under the dress.

Alternatively, for sexy-looking shapewear, I'd definitely recommend some of the vintage-style lingerie retailers like Kiss Me Deadly or What Katie Did.

Hopefully that's some help!

Thanks,

Sammi

Thanks for the reply Sammi! Didn't notice this earlier. Will look into your suggestions! What about items that can go under a tight-fitting full-length dress? Or is it likely to show under the dress?

Hi captainmeow, 

It really depends on things like the neckline of the dress, but personally, I really like this chemise for wearing under long dresses.

Though it does have a high back and you can really only wear it with a dress with wide straps or sleeves, it does create a gorgeously smooth shape - plus you can pick which bra you wear with it, which is handy when it comes to deep necklines. 

Microfibre's also a great option for wearing under dresses because it creates a smooth outline, so something like the Adore Me chemise set  would work nicely as well. 

Hope that's some help!

Thanks, 

Sammi

RubyDarling wrote:

Hello Sammi!

Which stockings or hold ups would you recommend for me that would be the same size/length as these? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21305

I bought a pair recently and I absolutely adore them. They are the perfect length for my short legs. I wanted to buy more pairs but they are now sold out and discontinued... ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

I tried the Lovehoney sheer hold ups (these ones: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32645 ) but they are too high on my thigh, they reach just under my bum which can be handy wih a short skirt but isn't very sexy with a suspender belt for example... so I definitely need some shorter ones, like the pair on the first link I posted, their length is exactly what I need!

Thanks for your help ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Hi RubyDarling, 

Thanks for your question. Can I ask what height and dress size you are? 

But for starters, brand-wise, for shorter legs I'd advise against Leg Avenue, Classified, and Gabriella, as they tend to make quite long stockings.

Thanks, 

Sammi

This other dress has a full back, a lace cover for 'sleeves', and a somewhat plunging neckline, but generally not much skin, just figure hugging, if that helps. I love the your suggestions! Those might just work, wishlisting them for now :D

Something went wrong with my post, sorry!

RubyDarling wrote:

Hello Sammi!

I bought a pair recently and I absolutely adore them. They are the perfect length for my short legs. I wanted to buy more pairs but they are now sold out and discontinued...

Thanks for your help

Hi RubyDarling,

Thanks for your question. Can I ask what height and dress size you are?

But for starters, brand-wise, for shorter legs I'd advise against Leg Avenue, Classified, and Gabriella, as they tend to make quite long stockings.

Thanks,

Sammi

Hi Sammi, thanks for your reply!

I am 5'3" and a size 8, I usually have no problem with the size of the stockings, they stay up well, it's really the length that is a problem as I have short legs, they reach very high on my leg, usually just below my bum.