Ask the Moderator: Reviews, Community & Pics

Is it possible to post pics in a forum thread? I'm not talking naked pics or anything like that by the way, lol

Gayguy44 wrote:

Is it possible to post pics in a forum thread? I'm not talking naked pics or anything like that by the way, lol

hello 

Only mods can I am afraid as we do have people that would not stick to the image rules. Trust me I get it on uploaded images- this is why they need to go through approval. 

Sorry 

Sure, no problem.

i understand how it could be come problematic lol. Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks leanne

I will try again. Thankyou.

Leanne, good afternoon my lovely..

Novice question coming up..
so I think we have met the criteria to become sex toy testers, at what point do we get lucky enough to be picked? Also, how do we get notified or will the item just tip up? As you might be able to tell, I'm extremely keen and excited at the opportunity to try stuff out and love reading and writing reviews..

Thank you,

Chris and grace..

Cucks14 wrote:

Leanne, good afternoon my lovely..

Novice question coming up..
so I think we have met the criteria to become sex toy testers, at what point do we get lucky enough to be picked? Also, how do we get notified or will the item just tip up? As you might be able to tell, I'm extremely keen and excited at the opportunity to try stuff out and love reading and writing reviews..

Thank you,

Chris and grace..

Hello 

Thank you for the keen intertest. 

I have put togther a whole thread dedicated to hint and tips for testing and how to get picked. Take a look here , I hope you find it useful :) 

Sadly not everyone can get picked as we have soooo many people interested but the above should help your chances if taken note. 

In regards to when I send testers there shall be emails, account order set ups and letters in  boxes. All depends on the item and how we are sending it and for what reason. 

For example: If it is a secret item that we may be wanting feedback on to know if we should take the plunge and stock it , I will send a letter in the box and a confirmation email. 

No one should be surprised that they are receiving something, but sometimes those pesky emails can go into spam! 

Hope that helps and enjoy the tester read :) 

Thanks 

Hi Leanne I've been trying to change my profile pic for a few days and it just keeps saying problem loading image even though it meets the requirements as far as I can see? Any ideas what I can do? I'm trying to do it on my lap top so it's not that I'm trying from mobile.

Thanks

Candy

Candysnatch wrote:

Hi Leanne I've been trying to change my profile pic for a few days and it just keeps saying problem loading image even though it meets the requirements as far as I can see? Any ideas what I can do? I'm trying to do it on my lap top so it's not that I'm trying from mobile.

Thanks

Candy

Hello 

The profile picture issue is known to us and has been raised, however with Xmas around the corner it is not a priority so sadly it will more than likely stay this way until new year. 

You can still use the forums as they are, they thing is you can not change yor profile pic for now. 

This has been discussed further in the glitches thread 

Thanks for your paitence in this matter 

Hi Leanne, I have noticed that a couple of my reviews are showing on the product pages themselves but not on my profile. They've obviously been accepted but not sure what's wrong.

It is a problem lovehoney have had for a while. As long as reviews are showing up on product pages then the problem will be resolved when they can work out what the glitch is but there is no immediate rush.

bondagegod wrote:

It is a problem lovehoney have had for a while. As long as reviews are showing up on product pages then the problem will be resolved when they can work out what the glitch is but there is no immediate rush.

Thanks Bondagegod, thought I was having a blonde moment!

No problem.

Hi Leanne,

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that members photos are no longer going to be used on product pages.

I think its a shame as some of the members pics show the lingerie items off better (IMHO) than the advertising pics - an obvious example being last months MOTM winner, and many members like being able to see 'real people' shots.

Was there some kind of privacy issue?

Just curious xx

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Hi Leanne,

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that members photos are no longer going to be used on product pages.

I think its a shame as some of the members pics show the lingerie items off better (IMHO) than the advertising pics - an obvious example being last months MOTM winner, and many members like being able to see 'real people' shots.

Was there some kind of privacy issue?

Just curious xx

Hello 

Yes that is correct we no longer feature member's images on profile pages. To be honest it was very rarely done. Was not even actioned with Model of the Month winners. 

There is still the member's photos page. Which now has it's new graphic too! Making them easier to locate. Member's are still encouraged to add the item name to enter the comp and also to allow other's to see what they are wearing. 

It was a business decision we made rather than a privacy issues, however I have had grumbles of where and how we use images sosadly we will not please everyone. 

Thanks 

Thank you for taking the time to reply - it must be a nightmare to get it right - personally I think you all do fantastic work xx

hi need some help really my partner has lost his mojo due to work and stress and want to get sex life back on track what do u recommend to help ??

lmh95 wrote:

(Sorry Leanne for hijacking your thread as I know you prefer us not to. I know you have some time off and juicy loo may be really worried about this and is hoping for a quick answer and advice to try to get things back on track so I hope you don't mind me trying to point her in the right direction in your absence.)

No problem at all thank you ![smiley|20x20](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif "smiley")

Hi lmh95 

Sorry about that looks like it was not linked to the item. I linked it all up and now it is live :) 

The editors must have missed that one sadly. 

Thanks 

Hello, I submitted a secret tester review to a manually sent product. Just checking my review has been received?

RosyCheek wrote:

Hello, I submitted a secret tester review to a manually sent product. Just checking my review has been received?

Hello 

I have emailed you back.

I was off over the weekend so was unable to respond to the email until today, 

Thanks