Banks + LH

Is anyone’s bank marking their love honey purchases as suspicious transactions?

Just bought the greedy girl thrusting vibrator and got a text saying the transaction was suspicious and had to confirm it was me, yet I paid over £200 on a laptop I’m paying monthly for 3 weeks ago and wasn’t marked as suspicious at all and neither all my other transactions.

I just contacted my bank via live chat and told them the transaction was from LH, a adult store, yet they don’t know why it was marked as suspicious though. I hope I don’t have to keep explaining myself every time I buy from here now >.<

1 Like

Have you made a few purchases to LH with in a close time frame and the bank just wondering like a
Few transactions with in a few days
Saying that it’s good that our banks intervene

@Chosen-one nope, last time I bought anything from here was in May.

Sorry that’s the only thing I could think of
I tend to use PayPal online if the option is there

I’ve not had a problem, but same as @Chosen-one I use PayPal.

1 Like

I was going to ask if you had a PayPal account. Just might stop the mess about.
They did it on an Uber Eats order of mine. So annoying

2 Likes

I haven’t had that issue personally I’m afraid. Strange that it’s happened on not your first order too - I think sometimes they must do random spot checks and enquiries to keep on top of it, but hopefully it won’t happen each time now you’ve told them it’s a legit transaction :crossed_fingers:t2:

It might not necessarily be the LH transaction itself that’s caused the flag but multiple unusual purchases and the LH one was just the one that tipped it over the edge. As you’ve just bought a laptop (not exactly the sort of thing most people buy regularly) and you also haven’t bought from here in a while, 2 large purchases can look odd.

1 Like

I’ve never had problems with Lovehoney purchases but did once have problems with a premium payment to an insurance company that my bank rejected every month for no apparent reason. They just kept blaming each other for the problem.
Never did get to the bottom of it and moved my insurance but I’d never suggest for one minute that you go elsewhere for your fun stuff!

Never had it happen, slightly paranoid of using bank account for online transactions so tend to use PayPal.

Two things to note about PayPal, they are looking to bring in a charge for inactive accounts, so another good reason to purchase LH items.

If you purchase by PayPal you do not have the same level of protection should your goods not arrive as you would with a credit card purchase.

1 Like

It has happened to us but not with Lovehoney, I went to pay for something online and was declined, then got a text from the card company asking if it was me that had attempted to make the purchase, after I texted back “y”, my card was unlocked :unlock: and I could then make the purchase, this wasn’t on an adult website of any kind.

Bought a few things and have never had a problem. my transactions just seem to go through.

Steer well clear of ‘recurring card payments’
These have been causing grief for a lot of people recently with bank fraud departments identifying them as suspicious for not apparent reason or at least not one that they’ll discuss with their customers.