Confused and possibly disappointed (LH Ebay Store)

So last night we did a big shop on LH including a massager for myself at 49.99. Ive just been on eBay for something else and discovered that LH have an eBay shop (never knew). Anyhoo the same massager is on their eBay shop and I can get it for 31.99. Feel a little ripped of especially after all the shopping we have done on LH over the years. Just wondering if anyone can shed a little light on the subject.

2 Likes

Cancel the order and reorder owt cheaper off the Lovehoney shop on ebay :ok_hand:

edited to say I knew about the Lovehoney shop on eBay as stumbled across it a few years ago so itā€™s all legitimate. Only thing to look out for is not having the returns policy, unsure how they work it on eBay?

2 Likes

Are you sure itā€™s the legit Lovehoney seller? On their seller page the only things they sell on there are lingerie and sex toy ā€˜essentialsā€™ such as lube and storage bags etc - they donā€™t sell any toys via there as far as I can see (and have seen in the past). I may be wrong - if you think it is the official Lovehoney as the seller then I would contact someone via LiveChat and ask :blush:

2 Likes

I did wonder this but as far as I can tell itā€™s official not that you can always tell these days. Will try and check it out more tomorrow.

Contact customer care and ask themā€¦ If it is legit, and then why the price difference? And if it is the same product and they wonā€™t adjust the price, cancel and order from ebay.

1 Like

I must admit if Iā€™m shopping for items I will shop around rather than solely on one site, some people may call it been a skinflint but I say ā€œfrugalā€ :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I would do exactly what @KinkyMira has said, check things out, contact customer service and if they wonā€™t adjust cancel and reorder. Good luck. I thought you were going to say the massager was on Deal of the day and was now down to Ā£25.00 as I bought one about 12 months ago on DOTD for Ā£25 reduced from Ā£50

@steve19 oh thatā€™s the worst isnā€™t it but happens. I think it might be a fake or a con as it appears to not be official love honey eBay shop. But they look exactly the same, same logo everything. Iā€™ve ordered it now and they have ignored two messages to cancel it. Got to say Iā€™m a little interested now to see if it arrives and if it does if itā€™s a fake. @Craig1234 i normally shop around and get the best deal on everything and as much cash back as poss but just didnā€™t think being a LH product it could possibly be anywhere else plus I kinda like being loyal to LH with their rewards and great service.

4 Likes

I always assumed the ebay/amazon accounts were for essentials, and items that had been returned unused but couldnā€™t be sold on through the actual site. No idea if thereā€™s truth to that, but would explain the price difference :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Hello. Please could you provide the link to the LH shop that you used? I will then investigate.

5 Likes

Is there postage costs added on to the eBay items? as sometimes the difference is made up on that

Hi Nick, this was the link. Itā€™s at 39.99 but if you click the added discount comes down to 31.99. All seems weird.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402962004449?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D9fcfda0085bf46a9a4b6131ac57ccb4f%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D402962004449%26itm%3D402962004449%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057%26brand%3DLovehoney&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Ab6b5ebcc-1c5b-11ec-a56b-d6a88dc07c71|parentrq%3A1244e4ce17c0a9d9636001fdfff55018|iid%3A1

Thanks for looking into it.

If thatā€™s not genuine itā€™s a very very good fake account. You wouldnā€™t think twice that that it wasnā€™t lovehoney

2 Likes

It says located in Glasgow in the link, i thought Lovehoney UK was in Bath?

1 Like

I didnā€™t think they were in Glasgow either and yeah very official looking. I may end up losing Ā£30 but actually interested now to see what turns up if anything although I think @Lovehoney_Nick is on the case and may have an answer before the postie lol

3 Likes

Does look very convincing indeed!
Just found item I ordered this week 25% cheaper on the Ebay link advertised - and that was after the 20% discount code. Thatā€™s quite a big difference in price.

Ā£50 on LH Site

Ā£30 on LH Ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402962004107?hash=item5dd268388b:g:CPAAAOSwxKBg3gDy

2 Likes

Sooo theyā€™ve both arrived, havenā€™t opened either yet but apart from the eBay version box being a little damaged looks genuine.

@Lovehoney_Nick did you find any answers, happy for you to mail me about it or should I phone customer services?

1 Like

Hey. The ebay product is genuine. It comes from a third-party warehouse based in Glasgow, that we supply. We are in the process of selling through the products in that warehouse ahead of revamping the ebay store - where prices will mirror those on the website.

You can return the item you got from the Lovehoney website and weā€™ll get you a full refund on that. Just mention it on your returns reason in the form. Sorry about the inconvenience.

And apologies for the confusion around the whole thing.

8 Likes

Evening @Lovehoney_Nick. No need to apologise it all just seemed a little weird. Thanks so much for clearing it up for me I will get it returned and enjoy my lucky discount :grin:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just saved around 30% on a Lifelike Lover dildo by buying from the LH eBay store.

1 Like