Paypal issues..

Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong place. Could anyone please help me figure out what I've done.
I normally purchase all sex toys from lovehoney as they have amazing customer service and have never had any problems with them. However I wanted a specific item which LH no longer sell, found another website which sells them but having problems paying them. firstly saying I can use paypal, but when I go to checkout there isnt the option. Alternatively tried to pay by card but I get redirected to another link that says "nothing" and then its a blank page... Has anyone ever experienced this? Or know what I've done?

Paypal has been a bit glitchy this week, ebay forums have had a few posts about not being able to pay. However your issue sounds more like the website than ebay. Unless it is a reputable and well known site I would be suspicious that they are using the ability to pay be paypal to lure in buyers and then only giving them other options.

xGGx

Thanks GG I have an account with them (created earlier this evening) I'm not too sure about them being reputable though. On my account it says order pending.. I haven't given any card details to them yet. I have contacted customer services to see whats going on. Thanks for your advice =] x

which site is it?

Someone on here will probably be able to tell you if it is a problem or not

xGGx

www.upsextoys.co.uk

The welcome email to this site on my hotmail also says "be carful! this sender has failed our fraud detection checks" I'm wondering if i'm going to get a phonecall asking for bank details.

Had a look and their returns policy is not legal, it doesnt comply with the Distance Selling Regs, I also cannot find a physical address which is needed for online sellers based in the EU.

I have asked on twitter for anyone who knows anything about them.

xGGx

Thank you! Sounds really dodgy. I have no idea about distance regulations. Thankfully they don't have my bank details and now their not getting them either =] xx

Butterfly-Wings wrote:

www.upsextoys.co.uk

The welcome email to this site on my hotmail also says "be carful! this sender has failed our fraud detection checks" I'm wondering if i'm going to get a phonecall asking for bank details.

Unfortunately, you can see this website has used Lovehoney's content (the photos have our watermark on them, they've taken our descriptions and reviews etc) without permission.

Look at the review on this page:

"It arrived 7 days ago in extremely discreet packaging thanks to Upsextoys, I practically ran to my bedroom to open it"

Now look at the original on Lovehoney:

"It finally arrived on the day before Christmas in extremely discreet packaging thanks to Lovehoney, unfortunately the bad weather conditions really slowed down the delivery but hopefully on my next order - and I promise there will be a next order - the delivery will be on time.I practically ran to my bedroom to open it."

I would not trust any website that is stealing another website's content. That sort of illegal behaviour raises questions about their other business practices.

MrBumcheeks wrote:

I have had LOADS of problems with PayPal lately, mainly that it keeps logging me out, and that it won't send payments. I've been having to make several attempts just to send money to a friend.

I'm so fed up with it that I've closed my PayPal account now.

P.S. Just a thought but you should probably change your PayPal password. If this place you talk about is dodgy (I don't know) then you never know. Having someone's PayPal password is as good as having their bank details in a way.

i would also suggest youchange password now to something complicated and unrelated to your current one. also contact paypal with your transaction details and website so than monitor your account more closely for fraud. i've had fraud against my paypal account they were really good about it. but it took a while for the money to get refunded.

Thanks to you all =] I originally wasn't going to post this but so glad I have. I wasn't aware they were selling LH products. I was just after one specific item, everything else I buy from here as I know I can trust LH.

Saucey21 - Luckily It never gave me the option to try to pay them. There was no pay through paypal and when I tried to pay using card the web page had trouble loading. I will change my password though, Better to be safe than sorry x

Tey arent selling love honey products, they arent selling anything, its a scam to harvest bank details