Be careful

Just a quick piece of advice for all our @LH forum members !

I very recently had a text message claiming that I qualified for a further discount on the gas and electric usage via a text message !

Plz plz do not respond to there your provider should get in touch with you ! Don’t panic let me contact you it’s a scam . :+1:

9 Likes

Any discounts are likely to be applied by your energy supplier without you needing to contact them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @Gazza_64

3 Likes

This winter households will get £400 off energy bills.

You don’t need to do anything to access this support. Your supplier will automatically deduct it from your bill.

More information: https://helpforhouseholds.campaign.gov.uk

2 Likes

In any case when some company would be contacting you for something, go to their official website (Google it so you have the right address) and use their form/phone number/email/whatever to ask them if it was them or not.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Gazza_64 there are some terrible people out there trying to scam folk out of their money. They really are the scum of this world.

1 Like

@steve19 no worries it’s all about awareness there are members in forum who may think they are getting extra help just thought it was worth highlighting !

If you get anything like this via text be very wary. Most govt depts and utilities will have all your details except your mobile number, and if they have you email why would they text you?
Always remember if it’s too good to be true, it’s likely a scam or phishing expedition.

2 Likes

You are spot on, @WillC people have to be so careful of scams. The people sending these e mails really are the scum of the earth. They must send 1000’s of text but they don’t need many replies to benefit!!

2 Likes

@Gazza_64 100% agree with any texts or emails that come through wil not be genuine.

Any payments from the government related to the industry will be passed on through the energy industry and you will be kept updated by the industry how you will receive these too.

I work in this area and we see too many people following these links.

Please be very careful with any texts or emails.

1 Like

Gahh yes text messages are now the new wave of scammers who try to get you but usually with any professional company if it’s genuine they will always address you by your proper name :relieved:

2 Likes

I’m getting these txt messages now every other day :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Not sure if it helps, but every time I get one, i block the number. If nothing else it eases my anger!

1 Like

I always message them back abuse :joy: I don’t know why I do it because I know they won’t read it, but it makes me feel so much better