Shaming companies on social media

This is very off topic but regardless....

Been made aware through work of a new trend of fraud targeting people on social media.

You see a lot now people "shaming" companies on social media when they've had a bad customer experience with them in order to provoke a quick response.

Fraudsters have cottoned onto this and have started creating false Twitter pages which people contact to complain/rant. When customers the post about them the fraudster contact you pretending to be that company, unfortunately the customers are more likely to believe it is legit & then share they're personal details.
Some fraudsters are going as far as sending the customers links to a copy of the companies official website.

I have seen some LH members and staff do this so please be careful when tweeting companies to complain about their service.
Check that the companies twitter profile is legit and if someone contacts you off the back of your post be VERY careful about what info you share.

Oh yeah, I can see this with some rail companies. Like with Virgin Trains I know when I've got off at my destination and it's been delayed they usually tannoy about how to get their delay repay and such and even have people handing out cards with the details. I could see trains being one thing fraudsters having a go especially of late too.

The fishing scams really annoy me. They're spreading far and wide like a rash and its awful for the victims.

Thanks NN for bringing this one to the forums attention 👍😘💖xx

Thank you for posting this. I had someone post a link to a complaints cause they are running ( as the company I have issues with has had a lot of bad press recently regarding their Customer care & complaints handling) I am little scared off from using it. So went down the comapnies own compalints form. 

No problem. I work in financial services so unfortunately have my eyes opened to lots of stuff like this.

All companies are increasing their digital presence so we have to be more careful.