Ben wa balls

I ordered some of the lovehoney basics ones as I've never used them before. They arrived today. I take it I can keep them in while I have a bath? That may be a stupid question but I have no idea being a beginner lol. I'm excited to try them, which I plan on doing very shortly :)

My wife wears them from waking up until bed time, unless it's that time...

I think you should be able to wear them while you have a bath. Being a beginner I'd recommend you only keep them in for about 30mins and remember to remove them before you go to the toilet.

O.k. Well I was expecting to feel a strong sensation with them in but it actually just feels quite pleasant. I am aware they are there and it's a nice feeling when I bend over but am I not supposed to REALLY feel them? Does that mean I should have bought bigger ones? I have had 3 children, the youngest nearly 11 but I did work on my pelvic floor at the time. My husband has always said he can feel me well enough during sex but I'm aware things could do to be tighter

I think my wife has been usi them for around 6months and there is definitely a difference, I can really feel her squeeze me now :)

That's what I want to hear lol. My husband can feel me squeezing him, I do it randomly to see if he does and I always get a response from him which is good, but I do want it to improve much more. I was just thinking, am I not supposed to have to 'work' to keep them in? They're quite snug in there haha!

I think once you get used to them, you can "upgrade" to smaller but heavier balls.

1977 wrote:

That's what I want to hear lol. My husband can feel me squeezing him, I do it randomly to see if he does and I always get a response from him which is good, but I do want it to improve much more. I was just thinking, am I not supposed to have to 'work' to keep them in? They're quite snug in there haha!

All sounds normal my OH did the same after our 2nd. Did it for her self . I told her that she was fine down there. Have to say I could feel a difference but she had a strong pelvic floor before our children.

1977 wrote:

O.k. Well I was expecting to feel a strong sensation with them in but it actually just feels quite pleasant. I am aware they are there and it's a nice feeling when I bend over but am I not supposed to REALLY feel them? Does that mean I should have bought bigger ones? I have had 3 children, the youngest nearly 11 but I did work on my pelvic floor at the time. My husband has always said he can feel me well enough during sex but I'm aware things could do to be tighter

You're not really supposed to feel them - like with a tampon. Bigger balls are more suitable for beginners who have never done any kegel exercises before but you say you've worked on your pelvic floor so I don't think you need bigger ones. Some women think the balls are supposed to bring pleasure but that's not their purpose - they're supposed to exercise your muscles. It may be worth looking into heavier balls if you feel the ones you have aren't challenging enough.

But I'd suggest you increase the amout of time you wear them for each day and if you feel like you could handle a heavier weight then get a new smaller & heavier set.

Thanks for your replies guys, it's much appreciated. I don't feel like I have to squeeze to keep them in put it that way. I'll see how I get on and may invest in heavier ones if needed. From the great reviews on them, many women said they felt a bit of pleasure from them. I wouldn't say pleasure as such, more like a bit of a pleasant feeling. I'm just wondering, why is it not advisable to have them in for longer than 30 mins if you're a beginner?

1977 wrote:

Thanks for your replies guys, it's much appreciated. I don't feel like I have to squeeze to keep them in put it that way. I'll see how I get on and may invest in heavier ones if needed. From the great reviews on them, many women said they felt a bit of pleasure from them. I wouldn't say pleasure as such, more like a bit of a pleasant feeling. I'm just wondering, why is it not advisable to have them in for longer than 30 mins if you're a beginner?

It's not a rule or anything, I just wouldn't recommend to have them in too long. Nothing bad is going to happen, you could just end up feeling a bit sore - like after a good workout. If you feel you can keep them in for longer then by all means do so.

Well they're still in 3 hours later as I was cooking tea etc and got distracted lol but all is good. Where am I supposed to feel like I've worked out? I'm not aching anywhere yet. Sorry if my questions seem a bit daft, I have no idea what to expect

1977 wrote:

Well they're still in 3 hours later as I was cooking tea etc and got distracted lol but all is good. Where am I supposed to feel like I've worked out? I'm not aching anywhere yet. Sorry if my questions seem a bit daft, I have no idea what to expect

Its not daft at all! If they're not falling out then you're all good. I have a set of interchangeable balls, the Lelo luna mini ones and I keep making the mistake of putting in the heavier ones when I'm not ready and using too much lube so they just fall out.

In terms of feeling like you've had a work out - I think if you're new to kegel exercises your pelvic floor muscles can feel sore if you over work them, just like with any other muscles. I have no idea if I'm explaining this correctly, where is Fluffbags or someone who can give better advice?!

Thank you :) I can report that after another hour I started to ache in the pelvic region so I'm guessing that's the workout right there? I ended up taking some paracetamol actually so I'm good to go for later with the hubby lol. So they've done something!