Best wax/waxing tips

Hey all,
I usually shave my nether region, but my wife says it can be a bit stubbly and irritating.
She used to be smooth all the time, but now she just shaves and leaves a landing strip. I love her with no hair so she said if I was waxed it would be better and she’s go back to smooth. But in my area no one does male pube waxing. With that in mind, I bought some hard wax and let her wax me.
It was sore, I thought she was going to rip my little man off. But I was absolutely smooth and perfectly hair free.
I’ve read about different waxes, I was wondering if people think hard wax or waxing gel with strips is better, both of results and pain.
I’m going to let her wax me every 4 weeks, so need to find the least painful way.

2 Likes

Waxing will work well but it’s always going to be painful and a bit red afterwards.

I think a lot of us would prefer to wax in those areas as they provide good results however, not all of us can take that pain :confounded:

I never knew that waxing salons only cater for females, why can’t they do males too?

I’ve always used the hard/strip free stuff when I do it myself. That’s what they use whenever I pay to get it done and I figure there must be a reason for it :upside_down_face:

Waxing is always going to hurt. The first time is probably going to be the worst. It gets easier over time if you keep the maintenance up. Showering and exfoliating before can help a bit too.

Some do. I have a friend who worked at a place that did waxing for males. She said some got really creepy about the whole thing. One guy got so obsessed with her. He’d book appointments only with her and when he’d go in he’d leave his underwear on and ask if she liked it, before taking it off for the wax. He’d also call the business just to try have conversations with her.

She was able to handle it but I can see how some people would feel too uncomfortable and just not want to risk anything happening.

I live in Shetland. Nothing local. Places in Aberdeen do it, 14 hour boat journey or £300 flight though!!
I have been waxed before, but I was in Aberdeen anyway, so no additional costs.
It was almost painless, but I kept getting hard when she touched me and at one point I was leaking pre-cum, she was great about it and said its quite common.

Yeah, I got hard wax because I had a wax when I was on holiday, that’s what the salon used.
Nads to a wax gel with cotton strips, I thought that might cut the pain, most of the pain my wife inflicted was due to the wax snapping and not getting all off in one pull.

If the wax is snapping she’s probably leaving it too long before pulling it off. It does that when the wax gets too cold.

1 Like

Ah, we thought it maybe needed longer.
I don’t mind a little pain, when I’ve had it done properly its a little sore, but that was proper sore. I think I also let my hair grow too long, but it wasn’t much over 3mm.
When she was done she offered to make me feel better!
No chance!! I couldn’t even touch myself.

A tip my wife uses, is to have a couple of painkillers beforehand.

Think I’d need the bottle!!
I’m ordering numbing cream, but that means we really to watch the heat if its hot wax.

1 Like

I have been getting waxed regularly for 10 years or so and it still hurts !
Just take your time with it, hold the skin tight and pull hard!
Helps if the wax is at a correct temperature too.
I wouldn’t use a numbing agent - don’t forget the pain is there as a message to your body

1 Like

I’m interested in this as I’m about to try hard waxing my pubic area for the first time. One thing is certain though. It can’t possibly be as painful as the time I took it all off with one of those rotary epilators. That actually drew blood.

It seems the recommended hair length is around 1/4" (6mm).

Hey @Steven_J - we’ve recently taken the leap into waxing were also using hard wax.

I’d recommend watching some videos on YouTube on how to do it - it’s taken us a few goes to I improve but we’re getting there.

I found the skills is getting the right thickness of wax and forming a lip at the ‘pull end’ so it’s got something to hold onto. Don’t try and spread it too thin this is when it’ll break and it’s then added pain as your trying to remove little bits.

We use mylee stripless wax - initially we used the coconut one but now we’re on the black charcoal and tea tree one. I’ve found this a lot easy to work with for some reason.

Also the biggest thing to aid the pain is pressure on the area the second after you’ve pulled! Just apply pressure the second after you’ve pulled…

That said - my OH is currently half waxed as she couldn’t cope with it all in one go (as I’m not as fast as a pro.

Hope this helps

I totally agree too, whichever type of wax you use it’s gonna be painful but the positive is you’ll get used to it in time and then I may seem less painful plus you may find the hairs growing back finer and more easy to pull out.

I waxed my shoulders last week with some veet sensitive strips but as always my shoulders are even now still a tad blotchy with marks from the wax :confounded:

I sometimes epilate, but waxing is pain free by comparison. I have a waterproof epilator.
I take it paracetamol, 2 ibuprofen, apply dr numb directly to the area and use shaving foam in a very warm bath. Its still really sore and can’t get bum, middle and sack. I like no hair at all. I shave my chest, arm pits, belly and all pubic hair. Epilating is fine sometimes, but I do prefer waxing. The redness is also way less with wax, even when the wife mucks it up!!

I don’t mind a little pain. But when I think of “ripping the head of,” I tend not to mean it litterally.:crazy_face:
I’ve been waxed professionally before and outside of being half naked in front of a stranger, it was really it was really good.

1 Like

Quite simple… I think there are too many creepy guys who just want a female beautician waxing them, rather than just wanting a professional wax, irrespective of who is doing it.
I would go to get waxed, but fully understand why most female beauticians are just not prepared to provide the service.
I don’t think there are as many men beauticians in the industry, who could provide the service.
Would you be happy with a male waxing you, as a matter of interest.? Genuine question.

They probably would but I think most men would just think it was one of those places that give happy endings :joy:

I wouldn’t be happy having a male or female waxing my privates to be honest - so I haven’t had that experience.

But when it comes to say; doctors, who are there to do a job so it doesn’t really matter to me what sex they are.

1 Like

Hard wax is best but maybe try both to see which you prefer?

A few tips though -

Night before have a warm bath and exfoliate the area to get rid of any dead skin.

Apply talc to area being waxed to dry up any moisture and so wax sticks properly.

Make sure the skin is pulled taut when removing wax and also apply a bit of pressure after removing the wax it helps with the pain.

Ice after if need be and aloe Vera gel is great for after waxing but I would be careful applying that to intimate areas.

Make sure you exfoliate inbetween waxing to help prevent ingrown hairs.

1 Like