Better than a Galaxy Ace.

Ok my phone is dying. Prob needs a repair which I am organising. Cannot upgrade until June.

However, I am wondering if buying a better one now 2nd hand or something might be a better option. And then go to a sim only contract in Jan

Lav's thread inspired me to mention it here.

Anyone?

Well, what are you looking for in the phone? my specification was maximum 4inch display, if Android minimum 1GB ram. Otherwise I did not care for operating system.

I could go up to about 6ins in length. But size is not crucial. Quite like the Android system. Currently on Virgin.

Used mostly for web surfing. Playing You-tube and other vids. Whatsapp, text, phone and email.

Al go to phones for u. They did me a proper good deal which bought me out of my contract with 9 months to go and gave me nearly £200 off of a new phone.

Virg are saying about £250 to buy out iirc.

Check out the Motorola Moto G. Sim free from about £120.

Virgin on obviously will tell you it costs a fortune for you to buy out of your contract to keep you there. But other companies will actually buy you out of your contract for switching and going with them. That's what Sub is getting at.

But if you're looking for a certain phone, I would maybe take some suggestions off the other thread, go to a phone shop, or buy an iPhone.

I am not in UK so cannot advise on deals like that.

Personally I would not go bellow 1GB ram on the phone (main problem on existing small Android phones). As your previous phone was 3.5inch display phone, something between 4.5 to 5inch may be good transitional phone, unless you want to jump to something even bigger, which may be bit of a shock.

I guess the main question would be how much you are willing to spend.

I got a second hand phone from friend, and I know he treats his electronics much better than I do. So the phone is in almost pristine shape. Personally if you buying second hand, I would advse to see the phone before paying. I guess easier in my home country as its very small and its easy to travel to a nearby town relatively cheap to check the phone before you buy it.

But I should add we do not have site like ebay here with its protection of the customer so you best check what you are buying before you do