Body confidence and how to get it?

The first step to moving on from any issue, is acknowledge it exists for you, denial is the enemy for anything you want to escape from.

AdamKR you've already acknowledge that this is an issue and you are with friends here, your journey to being self assured in your own skin has begun.

From my own point of view I think there is a difference say between being naked in the bedroom and naked in front of others. I admire those that have the bottle to do it. Myself, no chance even though I do have a decent body now.I wouldnt even walk around without a shirt on in public.I always make the excuse that I don't want to risk getting skin cancer .

I guess I must be nuts as when it comes to talking to the other sex and I don't have a problem and I come over as being confident albeit a tad shy occasionally .

There is a programme on Channel 4 (UK)10pm tonight about Skinny Dipping, and may provide an incite to how people overcome body confidence issues.

Tiger Dick wrote:

There is a programme on Channel 4 (UK)10pm tonight about Skinny Dipping, and may provide an incite to how people overcome body confidence issues.

I hope that will get repeated as we are likely to be out then .

There's always All 4  the on demand service to catch up on it

When I was a child....I was a very fat child ! My mum 'made' my clothes and the other children who at the time I thought we're my 'friends' were actually really cruel and bullied me. I lost loads of weight when I left school and moved away from a rather unhappy homelife.

I'm certainly not slim now but I've learned to make the most of what I have. I would love to be super slim but thats never going to happen. I've accepted that and I'm now happy in my own skin. Receiving great compliments from the Lovehoney folk is a great boost if you need one. You dont need to be 'perfect' to be confident...you just have to make the best of what you have and be yourself xx

Terri JJ wrote:

When I was a child....I was a very fat child ! My mum 'made' my clothes and the other children who at the time I thought we're my 'friends' were actually really cruel and bullied me. I lost loads of weight when I left school and moved away from a rather unhappy homelife.

I'm certainly not slim now but I've learned to make the most of what I have. I would love to be super slim but thats never going to happen. I've accepted that and I'm now happy in my own skin. Receiving great compliments from the Lovehoney folk is a great boost if you need one. You dont need to be 'perfect' to be confident...you just have to make the best of what you have and be yourself xx

I agree . I don't think having a decent body like my case always makes you body confident either , well not in public anyway. The bedroom however is a different thing .I have always kept myself covered up in public and I don't see that changing . The only thing that probably would be an exception is if I did something for charity. That way I would be "Grin and Baring it" for a good cause

When I was a young kid back home I got a lot of flack about being chubby and flat chested which really hurt me. Twenty years on I still don't have much of a cleavage but once I learned to be happy with what I've got that was the release I needed. But I do have to be careful about not loosing too much weight now.

So total respect to the folks who do overcome body confidence issues. And to those who are still working it through - hang on in there! XX