Body Wash

Hey guys!
So, we've all seen those adverts for body wash supposedly made for vaginal area that claim to clean, battle order and are still gentle and safe for your sensitive area so won't throw the delicate pH balance out of wack.
Has anyone ever used any of these feminine washes? And if so, do you think they're actually worth it?
If you don't use them, what do you think is best for a thorough clean down there?

for me they are worth it my skin is very sensitive down there,I have a skin condition, so i have to becareful what i use on my intimate area,i have to avoid some lubes, espcially flavoured ones also lotions, balms or other products that you use on your intimate area,when washing my underwear, i have to use a special washing powder, as normal washing powder would flare me up, im unable to wash down there with normal soap. as it would effect my skin condition,so the doctor gave me a special wash which does help,but i dont like the smell of it and its a bit greasy,so i have started using vagisil or femfresh which i love i have no skin flare ups, they are delicate and leave me feeling fresh and clean

I use femfresh right now. I use to just give my lady bits a wash with plain water, but for the past 18 months or so I have been having operations on my tail end and it has made down there unpleasent. I use ot more to keep my wounds clean but without upsetting my natural pH levels. It seems to being doing the job. Once I have had my last operation and I am all healed up I will probably go back to using just water again.

I've never used the soaps but I've used the wipes if I need a quick freshen up i have no problem with them those feminine body washes on the other hand I wouldn't waste my money on them if you want to clean delicate intimate areas soaking in the bath or aiming the shower head is enough

I used to use them all the time and I've never had a problem with anything. I still occasionally use them at home but I don't bother when I'm at uni, I just use a tiny amount of regular shower gel.

The one I used is from Avon and comes in a clear pump bottle with a green label - but I'm not sure what it's called. Femfresh is great but expensive! The Avon one does a great job in my opinion.

I have quite severe eczema and lately down stairs has been really bad and washing hurts a lot but of course, I have to clean so it's hard ):

ShannonMarlene wrote:

I have quite severe eczema and lately down stairs has been really bad and washing hurts a lot but of course, I have to clean so it's hard ):

Same with me,the doctor can prescribe cream for you ,i have two lots one i put on to heal and soothethe skin and another i should put on before bathing to protect the skin,

Also avoid washing in highly scented perfumed products,

Some lubes can also flare you up

They say not to wash your hair in the bath so i tend to have my bath, then use the shower to do my hair

Also have a look at what you wash your underwear in some products could flare you up

And if you have flared up recently it could be a change of something or if you have used soemthing new it might have thrown you off balance,

for me i know what flares me up i have ocd so i over wash and clean myself,i was having baths twice a day at one point i know for me summer is worse i feel more unclean,so i cant just use water to wash

I have creams, including steroid creams.
I never have a bath, always shower. Baths seems to cause me more problems.
Yeah, I also have extreme autoimmune allergies so I'm allergic to most things. I can also be totally fine with something one day and then blow up cause of it the next! It took me ages to find something to wash my clothes that seems to be okay (most of the time)

Oh that sucks, i know its hard tracking down what causes it,so many reasons, it can be stress if you have been stressed recently,diet something you eat,something you wash in,something you have washed your clothes in,new soaps shower gels lubes,condoms,sanitary towels, list is endless, i hope that it gets better soon i know how uncomfy it is, and having a shower is the best option :) i should shower

ShannonMarlene wrote:

I have creams, including steroid creams.
I never have a bath, always shower. Baths seems to cause me more problems.
Yeah, I also have extreme autoimmune allergies so I'm allergic to most things. I can also be totally fine with something one day and then blow up cause of it the next! It took me ages to find something to wash my clothes that seems to be okay (most of the time)

Sorry too hear, my Wifey does suffer eczema not severe though. I am sure you have checked but there are some foods that can trigger it, my Wife,s is dairy. She doesn't suffer much any more only when stressed and over tired.

Don't know wether it helps much ladies but for years now the whole family only uses simple soap. Also the difference between clean and fresh regarding lady bits is a very interesting subject.

For me and I think a lot of men a totally odourless and extra clean is a little over the top. The scent of a woman is an amazingly sexual thing. Please be carefully you are not overdoing it for an adverse reason. I have always been lead to believe a vagina is self cleaning. My assumption is that you are all referring to the vulva area.

I hope my comments are excepted as they are ,I know it is a delicate subject but I think all men should understand this about their OH's.

I'm another user of Femfresh here - I've never had any problems with it personally, and I don't believe my partner (who suffers from really bad eczema) has suffered any flair ups on his hands due to it before. And they do do washes without any fragrance. I personally wouldn't use body wash just because I find that some ingredients in some body washes cause me to have an allergic reaction (not seriously bad, just a case of my pores/hair follicles going red, and my skin going all blotchy), and I'm never sure what body wash it is since it seems to happen a bit randomly.

I am quite delicate down there, i used to suffer from regular bouts of thrush and occasionally from bacterial vaginosis. But since i started using Femfresh intimate wash 2 years ago i have not had any thrush or bv. Each woman is different and some women can use soap, shower gels or perfumed washes, but for me i find using femfresh keeps my ph balance in check.

My eczema is autoimmune, it's there all the time and I was born with it. It's genetic, my mum has it too. Got the 'big three' in terms of autoimmune disorders; asthma, eczema and heyfever. I have other issues too though.
I absolutely CANNOT use soap, not even on my hands. It dries my skin even more!
It has to be washed to avoid infections, especially if you have unprotected sex, semen isn't the best when it sits there.

ShannonMarlene wrote:

My eczema is autoimmune, it's there all the time and I was born with it. It's genetic, my mum has it too. Got the 'big three' in terms of autoimmune disorders; asthma, eczema and heyfever. I have other issues too though.
I absolutely CANNOT use soap, not even on my hands. It dries my skin even more!
It has to be washed to avoid infections, especially if you have unprotected sex, semen isn't the best when it sits there.

I have the same three condtuions as you! i alternate washing down below with diprobase cream and a femine wash called lactacyd which can be a little expensive but its worth the money.

I've had eczema all my life but thankfully apart from the odd patch and flare up I've managed to find the products that work for me to not irritate my skin. I use Bold to wash laundry but always add some comfort pure to make them extra soft. As above I cannot use soap ever. I have found I can use handwash made by Sanex or Carex if it's the sensitive one.

As for bodywise I use Sanex showergels. They have a few different ones but I find most of them are great. They have a couple of ultra sensitive ones and one with extra moisturising/ vitamins in it that are brilliant and I can use them to clean everywhere with no effects whatsoever.

I also use Sanex deodorant before using any bodysprays if needed to protect my underarm. I have had eczema flare ups from other leading brand deos that are supposed to be ultra kind to skin and it's not pleasant have skin cracking under your arms I can tell you. With the Sanex dermosensitive one (cream top) I have zero problems, doesnt even dry the skin at all.

I have a friend who has sensitive skin but not eczema and since suggesting Sanex to her, she's having much less dry skin issues and really happy with the range too. Might be worth a try for those that have skin issues if you've not tried them before.

It's not quite body wash, but have any of you with sensitive skin/eczema tried the Earthly body range of massage candles or oils? I was just wondering if you had, whether or not you'd ever exxperienced an unfavourable reaction to them.

I use femfresh wash occasionally - mainly during totm. I honestly couldn't tell you whether it is psychological or not but it definitely makes me feel cleaner and fresher. You can get the smaller bottles for about £1 in home bargains and poundshops and they do last quite a while because you only need one or two tiny drops of it per use.