bondage

hi to all was just wondering if anyone was like myself a bondage novice. have just started to adventure out into the bondage world with all kinds of straps ,blindfolds ,leather and PVC gear.,neck collars. was going to maybe head toward the mouth gags next. don't know how I feel about me being spanked as I am defo the kind to be in control and charge. any toys anyone would recommend to help us down this road.

What have you looked at that made you go 'wow' or raised significant interest?

Hi fun4forties, looks like we're the only two saddos stuck in on a Saturdays night. We are bondage new comers also and I recently bought some wrist and ankle restraints along with the delux magicwand from lovehoney for a week end away, as I knew the room we were staying in had a four poster bed. Let's just say after about half an hour of teasing my wife using the wand, things started to resemble that famous scene from the exorcist. No projectile vomiting but plenty of swearing. I'd highly recommend the magic want if you don't have it.

hi ron
same here just back today from lovely night away at hotel away from kids and animals and being able to be as noisy as we wanted. now we looked at the wand but is yours the big body one or the smaller one. we have the smaller one but am very interested in the big body one. is it any good as a body massager as I do like my clitoral stimulation.

a gag interests me as for me and my hubby it would be the next step down our bondage road. would love to hear other people's pleasures so maybe we can try them too

Yes, it's the larger of the two (mains powered). It's pricey but worth it. Haven't used it as a body massager yet. We use it as a clit vibe and it drives my wife insane. There is a handy wheel control where you can scroll up and down through levels of intensity but so far she's only been able to get to about half way before it becomes too much.

I can really second what Ron has said about the LH magic wand, it literally blew my mind and is well worth the money. Ive also tied my husband up and used it on him with what he can only describe as a "really intense feeling".

As for bondage in the bedroom, im more a submissive and my husband a Dom, i love being over dominated i guess and the whole idea of control and pain is very appealing to me but on the other side of the coin if i ever dominate my hubby hes not into pain at all.

What i will say for you both is communication is key, talk, talk and then talk some more.. Find out what makes you both tick and include some safe words.

P.s Definitly get a ball gag ! :)

Rope is great, my OH loves her tits being tied up really tight so, makes them go rock hard and very sensitive, a rope bondage book is also good. And pumps nipple and pussy, clamps also.

Were both beginners with bondage. We have the S&M under mattress restraint kit and we love it. We both end up getting tied up now and again and it can just be tucked away when not in use :)

Hi fun4forties and welcome to the forums. I am in a loving dom/sub relationship and I love to be spanked – lol. You can use your hand or a paddle - just make sure you take the time to build up the intensity. A great starter paddle which I have is this one as it has 2 sides - one softer and one firmer so you can alternate between a more buffered spank from the satin side and a more intense sensation from the leather side:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21800

Communication is very important so that you know when you are ready for more - or if you need to slow down. Floggers are great too - but again always start slowly and build up the intensity. This is a great starter flogger as it is not too intense and is a good length but can also be built up to a lovely strong sensation - it also feels amazing being dragged over the skin:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19605

I have lots of different gags, metal o-ring, ball-gag, bit gag and a stuffer one. I would say the metal o-ring gags are quite intense, as you cannot bite down like you would with a rubber ball gag and they get uncomfortable quickly. So maybe get a rubber ball gag or a bit gag to start with.

I have these and they are both really great :

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17094

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28269

You do get jaw ache with most gags, so best to limit to 5 mins to start with and build up from there. The bit gag I have listed however is more comfortable for longer periods as your mouth is not open so wide, but is hard plastic, so you cannot bite down too much.

I would also definitely recommend the LH Deluxe Magic Wand - it is amazing!!

Also, as Wildcherry has pointed out safe-words are very important. It takes a huge amount of trust from both partners when you are tied up or in a vulnerable position. Safe words don’t mean that you don’t trust your partner. They are there to protect you both on a physical and emotional level.

I personally use the traffic light system. GREEN to let my Husband know that I am comfortable to continue - especially during a new activity or something which is more daring.

AMBER means ‘slow down’ or ‘I’m close to my limit’ and RED means ‘all play stops immediately’.

I hope this helps Hun :) xx

Spnking is fantastic....why it took me to hit my 40;s before i realised how mzing it is I do not know..

I agree with the other advice start softly and build up...I love the gentle touching between being spanked to as it adds to the not knowing when the next one is coming...

Honestly is so important if you don't feel comfortable make it known. It is easy to loose trust if you feel out of your depth.

Hope you have fun learning together x

thanks for all the great advice. been on this morning ordering more things. my hubby and I talk all the time and are very open and honest about anything sexual or things we want to try or do. have defo changed since turning 40 think you just get to that point where new things are more appealing and not so badly looked on any more.
I am the one who loves to be the dom in the bedroom but also am more than willing to let my hubby swap roles as I very much trust him. am going to try with some spanking think to be honest I will love it as I am not one who enjoys being teased in a tickley way.