Books

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could give any recommendations for books containing BDSM relationships (So erotic ones) that don't spend half the book with the sub wondering whether or not bondage is for them.

I've read quite a few but the worst case was fifty shades as the main girl just keeps going on about how shes not sure until well past the middle of the book - And I don't care about her identity crisis I just want to read a dirty book ;)

So just anything with a sub who starts the book happy with being a sub! The best I've found was 'The accidental call girl' because although she was unsure, the main character didnt spend a century thinking about it.

Thanks!
Lupina x

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32169

Here you go. It's a good read.

You could try Sophie Morgan's Diary of a Submissive

I also loved "His Wicked games" by Kelly Lawrence

No billionaires in either!

I'm about half way through "Master of O" by Ernest Greene at the moment and it's fantastic.

Apart from having some very hot, descriptive scenes in it the thing I love best is that though there is character development in the story all of the practitioners are already experienced and know who, what they are and what they like.

There's none of the "finding yourself" through BDSM or cliched troubled childhood leading to release in bondage.

Although not a book there is also a webcomic on Deviant Art called "Shiniez" by comics writer/artist Stjepan Sejic which has been renamed "Sunstone" for a paperback release in december.

This is more of a lighthearted romance with BDSM at it's core and although the explicit scenes are left to your imagination the artwork is fantastic and what he does show is very titillating.

The only real issue is that though there is a lot there to read and see the story isn't finished and you could curse the day you began because you want to know what happens next!

Thank you! Will try them all!
Looking for characters I can relate to more - I never questioned what I like all that much, if I found something hot then that was that and having these adult characters knowing nothing of bondage is just a bit too far fetched

I read all of the Destined To.. books (Destined to play, destined to fly and something else) They were okay, although the last one got a little far fetched. It was a bit different from the others currently out.

The crossfire novels have a more likeable female character. I'm currently on the lookout for some new ones to read.

Story of O was the first ever erotic book I read and one that got me into reading more. I didn't really like the ending, but the rest of the book was brilliant.

I read somewhere that there was a second one, and I'm sure it used to be on LH a good few years ago, but I could be mistaken :/

Is there a way to see all the books on LH at once? And can anyone recommend books with male subs too?

I have been reading The Original Sinners by Tiffany Reisz - I am very impressed, they really are outstanding books. There is a whole series, so start with The Siren first :) x

Scorpius12 wrote:

I have been reading The Original Sinners by Tiffany Reisz - I am very impressed, they really are outstanding books. There is a whole series, so start with The Siren first :) x

I have really enjoyed these too, Scorpius, though I am not sure I "like" some of the characters.

Please any books with male subs? Or trans main characters? Please please! :)

Lupina wrote:

Please any books with male subs? Or trans main characters? Please please! :)

The book series that I mentioned above does have a great storyline with a male sub in the 2nd book, and there are also some novellas that the author has written which are available on her website for fans that continue this storyline too :) x

Scorpius12 wrote:

I love these books i can't wait to read the king!

capricorn13 wrote:

Scorpius12 wrote:

I have really enjoyed these too, Scorpius, though I am not sure I "like" some of the characters.

More Tiffany fans here....

Thank you scorpius! I'll definitely read those first! Super grateful for all the recommendations - With winter upon us I need lots of naughty books to cuddle up with! x

I loved Diary of a Submissive - gave me all sorts of ideas :)

The Boss by Abigail Barnette is pretty good too.

Grace1ess wrote:

Although not a book there is also a webcomic on Deviant Art called "Shiniez" by comics writer/artist Stjepan Sejic which has been renamed "Sunstone" for a paperback release in december.

This is more of a lighthearted romance with BDSM at it's core and although the explicit scenes are left to your imagination the artwork is fantastic and what he does show is very titillating.

The only real issue is that though there is a lot there to read and see the story isn't finished and you could curse the day you began because you want to know what happens next!

Sunstone is so good! I love it so much - so much that I do in fact have the comic preordered for when it comes out, haha!

I would definitely add a recommendation for Sunstone.

capricorn13 wrote:

You could try Sophie Morgan's Diary of a Submissive

I also loved "His Wicked games" by Kelly Lawrence

No billionaires in either!

Oh! I have that book (His Wicked Games) and I actually have never bothered reading it yet, I shall give it a go though now! :)

I'm pretty sure the one I have is by Ember Casey though - is that just a different book all together?

Hehe Christmas eve release, I have it preordered as well :D

I'm currently reading Captivated By You, which is the 4th book by Sylvia Day Crossfire series. There are very dark moments in it (rape and abuse) but the story is very intriguing and I fly through the books so quickly. It's worth giving a try, full of fantasies!