Butt plug anxiety!

I think that sometimes it's lovely to pop in a butt plug for that full-up feeling when I'm playing solo (and would like to when playing with the OH aswell)

However, I just can't help but get REALLY nervous that it's going to get sucked up and disappear!
I've never had anything get lost up there, but the idea that it might is really ruining what should be a fun experience! I literally find myself checking that it's still there every few seconds. And even though I choose plugs with flared bases, I often feel like "what if it's not quite flared enough?!"

I recently spent my Oh Points on the glassvibrations pony tail plug, which is lovely! But I'm just so paranoid with it in I'm not really getting the best out of it. :(

Does anyone else have these thoughts? Am I worrying unduly? Or can anyone suggest a plug (not too big!) with a VERY wide or flared base that I wouldn't need to worry about?
Xxx

Most plugs have flared bases for this reason. x

The Glassvibrations one you have looks fine! If it's realllllly worrying you and you feel like you can't get over it, you could maybe choose a plug with a t-bar base next time, or one with a slimmer neck and comparatively wide base? The Julian Snelling large plugs are the comfiest ones I own (I feel like I recommend them in every post but they're honestly the best butt toys I have!).

The Doc Johnson Mood ones also have very secure bases with no fear of them travelling anywhere, although they can restrict access to the vagina a bit. Here are a few others that look promising -

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31111

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26278

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28501

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31058

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31110

Is it even possible for a butt plug with a flared base to get lost up there?I can't imagine it happening..or maybe I have a tiny butt,lol.

Kittyondrugz wrote:

Is it even possible for a butt plug with a flared base to get lost up there?I can't imagine it happening..or maybe I have a tiny butt,lol.

The only way it could really happen is if you were used to/had just been using very large toys, and then immediately used a small flared plug.
Or forced it.

But by itself, a flared ( a GOOD flare, not those flimsy, squishy, few milimetres things) or T-bar plug ain't going anywhere by itself, except possibly out if you have hella strong butt muscles (or it has a minimal neck-bulb difference) :P

Thanks guys, these replies are all really reassuring! I think I need to try harder to trust the flared bases of my plugs, and trust my bum aswell! - Which isn't used to having plugs in very often, and certainly not used to very large toys, so really theres no reason it should get sucked up!

I love the look of the stainless steel and aluminium of the Julian snelling plugs, however, I think I must be the only person who doesn't particularly like the jewels in the base! (I'm just not big on that kind of bling in general) However this wouldn't stop me buying one if I had the money to burn.

I also really like the idea of the Marc Dorcel Geisha Ball plug, with its inner weighted ball. - That sounds like fun! Plus the 4.15in circumference sounds like a really good size for me. Again with the jewel, but w/e, I might grow to like it in time!

I would deffinitely consider a t-bar plug, but currently theres none that leap out at me. (except the Rosebud again, but that is a little out of my price range at the moment at £79.99)

Thanks again for the replies you lovely folks :) I wish you much pleasure and naughtiness ;-)

xxx

I was very nervous about any anal play but I bought a doc johnson standard butt plug and with lots of lube and taking lots of time it was great. The plugs I have use all had a variety of flared bases and there was never any insecurity at all.

I got the large vibrating bullet butt plug by lovehoney which has a t bar shape and it is very safe and secure and i trust it 100%

Hope that Helps

Kitty_McPlunder wrote:

Thanks guys, these replies are all really reassuring! I think I need to try harder to trust the flared bases of my plugs, and trust my bum aswell! - Which isn't used to having plugs in very often, and certainly not used to very large toys, so really theres no reason it should get sucked up!

I love the look of the stainless steel and aluminium of the Julian snelling plugs, however, I think I must be the only person who doesn't particularly like the jewels in the base! (I'm just not big on that kind of bling in general) However this wouldn't stop me buying one if I had the money to burn.

I also really like the idea of the Marc Dorcel Geisha Ball plug, with its inner weighted ball. - That sounds like fun! Plus the 4.15in circumference sounds like a really good size for me. Again with the jewel, but w/e, I might grow to like it in time!

I would deffinitely consider a t-bar plug, but currently theres none that leap out at me. (except the Rosebud again, but that is a little out of my price range at the moment at £79.99)

Thanks again for the replies you lovely folks :) I wish you much pleasure and naughtiness ;-)

xxx

*cough Tantus Neo cough*
Though you'll have to venture away from LH or whinge really loudly in the Pander To Me thread to get one....

LH's vibrating plugs have good T-Bars and aren't expensive, and you don't have to use the vibe.
Also the soon to be discontinued Metal Worx steel plug is reasonably priced if you want to try metal without a hefty price tag (or a jewel between your cheeks).

Hi Kitty_McPlunder. We used to share your concerns too and found a good solution is to loop a piece of ribbon around the shaft of the toy just below the base leaving about 8 to 10 inches of ribbon to tuck into your knickers or simply hand free. That way if the toy did pop in unexpectedly, you have a quick and easy retrieval system to help pop it back out again . As long as you didnt leave it in for too long , there should be no issues to pull it out again if you push with your butt muscles at the same like. If the ribbon is looped around the base it will also naturally tighten up the harderd you pulled so it will not be able to pull over a flared base. I always use this method for softer plugs and larger toys and it really does work. I'm surprised that some of the riskier plugs are not designed with tethers as standard

B52 wrote:

Hi Kitty_McPlunder. We used to share your concerns too and found a good solution is to loop a piece of ribbon around the shaft of the toy just below the base leaving about 8 to 10 inches of ribbon to tuck into your knickers or simply hand free. That way if the toy did pop in unexpectedly, you have a quick and easy retrieval system to help pop it back out again . As long as you didnt leave it in for too long , there should be no issues to pull it out again if you push with your butt muscles at the same like. If the ribbon is looped around the base it will also naturally tighten up the harderd you pulled so it will not be able to pull over a flared base. I always use this method for softer plugs and larger toys and it really does work. I'm surprised that some of the riskier plugs are not designed with tethers as standard

handy piece of advice, especially for those plugs with finger loops on them ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

B52 wrote:

Wow I would never have thought of that, but what a good idea! - I think that added security would definitely help with my worries, even if its unlikely to pop inside. I will get me some more ribbon next time i'm in hobbycraft! ;)

Lovehoneys little glass plug is nice ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

I get anxious like this, too. Even though I'm using plugs with flared bases, I worry that it's somehow still going to get sucked in (especially when I climax and everything contracts). There's some plugs that I don't have to worry about because I've used them so many times before without issue. But when I start using a new plug, that's when I get a little anxious.

For example, I was using a jewel plug that I've only used once before. First use was fine but I got a little anxious this evening because I thought it was trying to move were it shouldn't. The plug looks similar to this one (middle size) https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=39819 . I was worried in case the pointy part of the heart base could angle itself and slip in that way. Or the gem would fall out and the silicone base would crumple up and get sucked in. It's more than likely fine and it's just my anxiety kicking off. I've probably been slightly poked by it and my brain has gone "AHH! IT's been swallowed whole!" lol. I should mention that anal play for me is not that regular so I guess I'm not that experienced.

I think I'm going to follow B52's advice and loop something around the base until I know it's not going anywhere.

I'd recommend any of Njoy's plugs as they're so heavey that even if they did disappear (never gonna happen under normal use due to the loop) gravity would eventually pull it out. Plus it's such a beautifully smooth steel, a bit of a relaxed push and it's out.

You could also put ribbon through the loop of this. I did ask on the pander thread a good while back for a silicone strap that you could wrap around the base of steel or glass dildos that can get slippery (and no one wants to drop a steel dildo in the shower or a glass one on a hard floor). It could also be useful as a "comfort strap" to wrap around the base of a plug as clearly this kind of concern affects some people.