Butt plug, prolonged use?

Me and my fiancée recently purchased a butt plug (i say recently, it arrived today). We are relatively new to anal play, mainly playing around and with small insertions and learning what she likes. We decided on the purchase of a butt plug and here we are.

My question to you all. We've all heard of love eggs - jiggle balls, ben wa balls, whatever we choose to call them - we actually own one. I like my partner to wear it for some periods of time, and we are slowly working up to wearing it out in public. Can you do this with butt plugs? Should they be used solely for a sex enhancer (wear it during sex) or is the idea of wearing them outside the bedroom a good one.

Give me your thoughts...

J

You can indeed wear them for prolonged periods of time. I would suggest trying this inthe house first, as sometimes you can experience cramping sensations or other strange sensations as you get used to the feeling. It isnt nice to experience that, or the fear that you are about to poop, in public. So I would recommend wearing it in the house for an hour or so, move around and continue with your day to day things. This way you get used to the sensation and you don't panic if you suddenly get a "weird" sensation because you have experienced it before at home and know that all is okay.

I have worn plugs for up to two hours and did not experience any adverse side effects. I always wonder about people who wear a butt plug all day at work. Sorry if this is TMI but, doesn't this cause you to hold in gas all day long and cause stomach pain or cramping? Anyway, in my experience, prolonged times of up to two hours were perfectly comfortable and I cannot see it causing any damage but I would be aware of your body and if discomfort kicks in, remove it.

This is excellent information, thank you both.

Of course we would trial it in the house first, that is kind of what we're doing with the love egg, using it in the house and seeing how long she's comfortable keeping it in for.

Maybe when we come to experiment with the plug - we can use it during sex or after sex as a separate experimentation - we could look at her leaving it in for a while, see how she feels.

I think at some point I'd like her to have both a love egg and the butt plug in for a while, see if it turns her on whilst I'm out the house for half and hour or something.

J

Was the plug quite large MightyBum? I have only ever experimented with small anal toys for prolonged use to be honest. So I cannot comment on MightyBums experience, but clearly he has had an experience that is worth bearing in mind! I would personally recommend using toys with a slim neck (The area your anus will clench around) to avoid this stretching but please be aware you have two sphincter muscles and you could still be over stretching the internal one.

I will check back on this because Mighty Bum raises a point that someone else might be able to advise more on. No one wants messy pants!

The plug is one with a narrow base and won't be for much prolonged use, especially not to start with.

The plug hasn't been purchased to stretch the anus, just as a pleasure aspect for anus the clench around, a sensation my SO seems to really like. The intention is not to stretch the anus or prepare it for larger penetrative objects.

J

I haven't experienced any problem from anal toys and sex and it's something i have been enjoying for quite a long time now

I decided that I'd sleep with mine in the other night... crazy idea I know.

Nothing bad happened. It did become a little dry if you like but felt fine. No accidents or messy pants, even with the play I embarked on afterwards.

I can understand how some people may experience 'messy pants' but if you're sensible enough and give your body time to recover and practise good contratcions while you're not playing, I've been fine.

The key to prolonged use of a butt plug is one that is both comfortable, and one that you have confidence is not going to pop out or be sucked in.
I had never found a butt plug that was both of those things, until a few weeks ago, when I purchased one of these: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25475
It is the most comfortable butt plug I have ever had in, and even though it feels fairly big for me, I can wear it for six or seven hours non-stop. Usually, if I am going for a long session, my OH lubes me up and inserts it, then I just carry on with my day. When it starts to feel uncomfortable, I take it out.

@Fluffbags, if you need to release the gas, you can normally do so by manipulating the plug (ie waggle it about). Also if you want a long session, you will need to empty your bowels before you start. The plug I linked to above also presses on the right bits inside to make peeing harder, so best to do that first too.

Never any 'messy pants' for me. I am going to try sleeping with it in soon. ;-)

Aqualaria wrote:

....I had never found a butt plug that was both of those things, until a few weeks ago, when I purchased one of these: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25475
It is the most comfortable butt plug I have ever had in, .......

I can second that. I have one of these and often wear it all day at work. Due to it's shape it hits the P-spot so if you are sitting down you can move slightly to massage it and get a great sensation - just make sure no one is watching you or the look on your face will give it away.

Having said that, although it is not what I would call really big, it could perhaps be a little large for someone just venturing into anal play for the first time, a better "first-time" plug that can also hit the P-spot would be this one from Lovehoney :- http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16665

njoy plugs are very highly rated for prologned use. Also there are different sizes avaliable so you can get the one that suits you. They are stainless steel so are hypoallergenic, easy to clean and can be sterilised. You can also you silicone lubricant which is better for longer use. I have the Eleven and the Pure Wand and I cannot rate them highly enough.

http://search.lovehoney.co.uk/search?w=njoy+plug&view=grid

I know some People wear them for very long. Some even 24 hours. But I can only wear one for like 2 hours or so each time.

I've worn mine while fixing my truck, chopping wood, driving down country roads, to work (drywaller taper/mudder), shopping, the key is know what size to ware when. Sometime I ware my small some times medium I haven't been ballies enough for the large. To night is the first night I'm going to sleep with it in, I'm going medium tonight I've been playing with my bum all day. Oh try a dildo (make sure it has balls or sometime on it so it doesn't slide in) and put that in out on a nice thong that will hold it in and as you walk around you can feel it fking you then bend down and it goes really deep feels good my friend. Did it while baking a cake this evening.