Buying for forum users via wishlist, is it broken or disabled?

Title says it all. We decided to treat one community member to a fun Christmas present. Agreed on that person then attempted to purchase off their public wishlist.

Either its not working or we bought the lucky person about 10 identical toys trying to make it work. Pressed add to basket, went to basket, chose the person it should go to, order went to credit card details and username it would goto, it just keept looping between this and the previous screen, I really hope its broken?

Also, does purchasing for others display in our or their account or both?

love to see the look at that lucky persons face when 10 toys turn up lol

I saw someone mention not being able to find how to upload pictures and one of the mods said they where updating some features so whilst the button was gone, the feature still worked via a link. Might be worth asking customer service since this could be a similar situation with the updates. Hope the lucky person enjoys their gift, and you haven't bought ten of them! :)

One can always place an order via customer care

Personally, the thought of using them all at once makes my eyes water just thinking about it :)

Check with customer care to see if it went through. If not they should be able to help out :)

Will do. Thanks.

Hello!

Tech bods say this issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if you experience further problems with wishlists.

Thanks (and Merry Christmas!)

Nick

I believe that it only shows on your account :)

Ahh ok thanks for the info everyone! X

Lovehoney - Nick wrote:

Hello!

Tech bods say this issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if you experience further problems with wishlists.

Thanks (and Merry Christmas!)

Nick

This really isnt fixed. Plus once I have tried and then removed the items my basket summarises the cost of the attempted order e.g £39 with 0 items in the basket?

Im just wondering, am I supposed to manually enter payment details because its someone else as Im just ticking my saved payment method at the moment? Is it a security thing?

I seem to remember finding gifting a bit confusing.

Have you tried putting the order on through customer care? They may be able to do it for you. Might be worth a try 🤔

Mr Pheebs, try clearing your cookies/cache and try again. If not customer care should be able to clear the basket manually from their side :-)

Yes I think I’m going to have too. Sort of ruined the surprise for Christmas though...

Mr Pheebs wrote:

Yes I think I’m going to have too. Sort of ruined the surprise for Christmas though...

It will still be a lovely surprise for someone - such a kind act any time of year ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)