Buying less stuff since the last re-design

I used to buy stuff off here almost every month. But since the last redesign of the site, I've spent less than 20£. Why? Because your UI-designer decided it was a good idea to hide the "what's new" as much as possible. On the computer I have to click the menu category item, then scroll down to find the "What's new" button. It used to be at the top of the drop-down, easy to get to - and easy to find the new stuff to put in my wishlist - for me to order when the paycheck arrived.

But on my phone? Most of my daily surfing happens there. To find the "what's new"; I have to click, click again, click again, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, then click again. It is beyond annoying. I used to visit the side almost every day - putting stuff in my wishlist and preparing for payday, now I mostly can't be bothered. And order far far FAR less... (instead using my paycheck over at Honour and Sextoys). I want my Lovehoney back :(

Why not just favourite the what’s new pages for each category? You used to have to click each catagory separately when you got to the main what’s new page so it’s not much more effort once saved

I wasn't a massive fan at first but I have got used to it now. Plus they have sorted out the Lingerie "whats new". It was just showing new ranges rather than new items at one point. I think the LH design is a lot more user friendly than a lot of other sites, and 4 clicks to get to what you want isn't a massive effort in my view. As Kelly says beat to save them as favourites and it will be easier to get to exactly where you want to go.

I have to say I find the lovehoney website on my phone very easy to navigate. Anyhow there's no way just four clicks would keep me from a new sexy treat Haha!

I have to admit I use LH much less on my mobile because of how the top bars keep dropping in and out. You scroll down and click on something, then it decides to process the top bar dropping in, and therefore it interprets your click as a click on something other than what you wanted to click on. Very annoying.

KinkyMira wrote:

I have to admit I use LH much less on my mobile because of how the top bars keep dropping in and out. You scroll down and click on something, then it decides to process the top bar dropping in, and therefore it interprets your click as a click on something other than what you wanted to click on. Very annoying.

This I get, I always end up clicking the wrong thing and it makes my eyes go funny.

KinkyMira wrote:

Have you posted this in the glitches thread https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1764044-lovehoney-glitches-2019/ ? I think that LH should be made aware of it and try to fix it.

Smultron wrote:

Have you posted this in the glitches thread https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1764044-lovehoney-glitches-2019/ ? I think that LH should be made aware of it and try to fix it.

I hadn't, but I have now. Thank you for the suggestion.

I am sorry to hear that the changeup has made things more frustrating for you.

The feedback has been passed on, including the details about the top bars.

Thanks for letting us know and if you do require any further assistance with the site please do not hesitate to get in touch with our 24/7 customer care team. They are always more than happy to help or pass on any niggles anyone may have.

Actually, I have a worse problem than the OP, I can't find "what's new" at all any more. One of the reasons I haven't looked at the LH web site in a rather long time...

Thanks for the link! I'm happy to discover that the same format works for lingerie...

Without Alicia4Ever's help I still wouldn't know what's new, because the list under Sex Toys reads for me: Vibrators - Rabbit Vibrators - Dildos - Love Eggs and Jiggle Balls - Sex Toys for Men - Fleshlights - Cockrings - Penis Extenders & Enlargers - Sex Toys for Couples - Sex Toy Kits - Strap-Ons & Harnesses - Anal Toys - Butt Plugs - Gay Sex Toys. Under a line comes Sex Toy Guides.

Apart from the fact that categories and subcategories are mixed without any logic, and I wonder how a toy can be gay, there is absolutely no way for me to find what's new or "latest" :(

Talia wrote:

Thanks for the link! I'm happy to discover that the same format works for lingerie...

Without Alicia4Ever's help I still wouldn't know what's new, because the list under Sex Toys reads for me: Vibrators - Rabbit Vibrators - Dildos - Love Eggs and Jiggle Balls - Sex Toys for Men - Fleshlights - Cockrings - Penis Extenders & Enlargers - Sex Toys for Couples - Sex Toy Kits - Strap-Ons & Harnesses - Anal Toys - Butt Plugs - Gay Sex Toys. Under a line comes Sex Toy Guides.

Apart from the fact that categories and subcategories are mixed without any logic, and I wonder how a toy can be gay, there is absolutely no way for me to find what's new or "latest" :(

You can go through sex toys home and click on "what's new" or Lingerie home and "what's new" also if you just want to look at a sub category you can sort by "newest" instead of popularity or price. This will put the items in the latest order.

Talia wrote:

There are definitely workarounds but I agree that it's unusual they don't have a dedicated section to showcase their new product lines.

K&c30's wrote:

You can go through sex toys home and click on "what's new" or Lingerie home and "what's new" also if you just want to look at a sub category you can sort by "newest" instead of popularity or price. This will put the items in the latest order.

Thanks for the hint! But good grief, I had to do a "Rechercher dans la page" to find it... I have a feeling I won't bother in future.

Another big problem which pretty much stops me from buying toys (at least the vibrating ones) is that the new videos don't play easily on my PC (on my old phone with old Chrome LH is not even accessible). Are they in HD? Because I try to start one, it buffers, then a few seconds play, it buffers again... My internet connection isn't high-speed, but it is DSL and I can watch YouTube videos.

And sadly, when I do have the patience to wait until a video has arrived and I do watch it (second time through is more or less smooth) I find that it wasn't worth it as the new style doesn't show the toys nearly as well as the old, simple presentations by Annabelle and Lisa used to do.

For what it’s worth I also dislike the redesign, I multi-tab so I used to be able to easily and quickly open the what’s new pages into four tabs in few seconds, same with the forum and testers page. Now I have to scroll all the way to the bottom and effortfully look for the forum link, then click through to tester page. Additionally I then have to open 4 separate pages just to click the links for what’s new. What used to take me a few seconds now takes 10 times as long and annoys me. I browse and participate much less often and that is reflected in how much I spend. Whoever thought that made sense shouldn’t be designing web pages. I also dislike having to enter my account and password every time I log in from my mobile.