'Saved Items'/Wishlist moan

Further to a thread about saved items disappearing from the list, I just wanted to see if anyone was having similar issues as myself.

I haven’t had any problems with items disappearing but (and I genuinely hate to be negative) I absolutely HATE the new wishlist format :frowning: . I used to have separate lists (‘For Wearing’, ‘For Playing’, ‘Gifts’) so I could share the relevant ones with my partner without revealing any ‘secret’ items. I can’t do this any longer so I now have to email him individual links to things I like that I think he may like (and want to purchase). It’s an extra level of admin I haven’t got the time or inclination for. To illustrate how it’s influenced our buying habits, it was my birthday last week and I didn’t get a single sexy present, normally I always get at least one piece of lingerie or something buzzy. This is directly linked to the fact that I told my Husband not to bother checking my wishlist because it’s not fit for purpose.

Perhaps just as irritating is the fact that the ‘Saved Items’ page resets every time you delete an item, so you then have to ‘load more’ to open up the next page again to view (and/or delete) anything else that isn’t on the first page. And again. And again. It’s frustrating, time consuming and not user friendly. I’ve tried to get used to it before moaning but, honestly, it’s a massive step back as far as I can see and makes me less inclined to use the feature at all.

NB. This all refers to how the page behaves on desktop as that’s where I do most of my browsing - I tend to have LH open while I’m ‘working’. My favourite kind of multi-tasking. The page may behave differently with mobile browsing, which is fine and I understand that the company wants to be more ‘mobile friendly’ but, if so, it’s alienating those that choose to use laptops/desktops.

Overall I’m genuinely really disappointed and it’s not like I haven’t really tried.

7 Likes

It does the same thing for mobile - I solely use my phone for LH.

1 Like

I agree - I haven’t bothered using my ‘saved items’ since the changeover.

You used to be able to keep everything you wanted well organised and access it simply and quickly.

It’s like some parts of the new website have taken a step backwards.
But I was still hopeful that things might still be tweaked and improved.

3 Likes

I don’t know why the option to have different lists isn’t available either because it’s absolutely possible. Etsy has a very similar feature (‘heart’ icon to save items) PLUS also offers the option to organise your saved items into different lists/topics as well as a keeping a ‘master list’.

This really annoys me too. Or if you click on an item to check something and then want to go back it does it there too. Nothing more annoying then looking at something on the 10th page only to be taken back to the start and have to click “load more” over and over again!

2 Likes

To be honest, at the moment, I’m reluctant to use LH to search for and purchase toys. The search results display involves scrolling for ever and the order form format is such that you’re not sure whether you’re getting your free postage till your on the last page.

2 Likes

It has been months and lovehoney haven’t listened to the feedback. Its all invaluable feedback and they are ignoring it. Most companies spend a lot of money on focus groups to give this type of constructive criticism. Corporate suicide if you ask me. Why on earth can’t they just get a proper IT expert in to implement the many changes being suggested. Its not like the whole website needs to be redesigned.
Also, they could have launched the new website as a beta version, and let people have the option to choose between the two. That would have allowed user feedback before the old site was taken offline. But unfortunately that would have required the website designers to listen, something they seem to be unable to do.
They are loosing a fortune (and many loyal customers) due to this new website. Its a shame because I used to love this site, now I just can’t be bothered.

1 Like

Agree that the way the wish list resets is super annoying. On mobile I’ve found a work around is to long press the item and open in a new tab and so what you need to from that tab which usually preserves your place on the list. Still annoying though.

3 Likes

I guess I’ve only seen the new way they are doing it. My wish list does get rather long…

They sort of did? The new style site went live in the US well before the UK site so I’m guessing they didn’t encounter the same problems or have a large amount of negative feedback.

I think when the new site design went live Lovehoney said wishlists would be back and if memory is correct they have a eta of about 3 weeks. Clearly we’ll over the 3 week mark and I don’t see any further updates from Lovehoney on the new site since thst 1st week which. My hope is wishlists come back as they were very handy to organise in sub sections as I think all of the comments above say.

Would be good if Lovehoney could provide an update on the site and maybe the next deployment date for the fixes/upgrades