Bye bye Gigi

It's with a heavy heart that I return my Lelo Gigi. She was beautiful, but woefully lacking in power. I was really shocked that it's apparently 100% more powerful than the previous version - did that one not vibrate at all?!

Has anyone else not enjoyed the Gigi (or any other luxury toy)? All the reviews were glowing, so I was surprised when it turned out to be so weak when I'm not a power queen by any stretch of the imagination.

Feel really guilty about returning it, but I've tried and tired and it just doesn't work for me.

1 Like

I'm same with the We-Vibe touch, my first luxury toy. It's not that it's lacking in power, it's just not doing anything for me yet. Gonna give it a few more tryd though, byt I am considering sending it back x

The Gigi was my favourite toy for years, for clitoral vibes rather than internal/g-spot play.

The first Gigi I recieved though didn't work properly and needed to be returned for a replacement. Did you feel yours was working properly?

Hello,

tbh I am not even sure that the Gigi is 100% more powerful than the original. They claimed it with last version of Mia and that one was weaker than the previous version - I can compare it.

Tbh the Gigi is not the most powerful toy in Lelo repertoir. The Mona or Elis may be a better choice, in my opinion, when it comes to power.

As for returning luxury toy, I returned the original Gi-Ki, because it just did not do it for me. It was supposed to be the best G spot toy, but it really failed me. I got better G spot toys after that which worked for me.

I get on okay with luxury toys but one I couldn't abide was the Eroscillator. It irritated me and I couldn't get so much as a twitch from it no matter what position, mood or situation I used it in.

I was gutted because it had such rave reviews but I returned it and it still gripes me that it didn't work for me.

OUCH! Thank you ;) wrote:

I get on okay with luxury toys but one I couldn't abide was the Eroscillator. It irritated me and I couldn't get so much as a twitch from it no matter what position, mood or situation I used it in.

I was gutted because it had such rave reviews but I returned it and it still gripes me that it didn't work for me.

I suppose there is no toy that would work for everyone, not even in the luxury toy range. I for one cannot really understand the popularity of the FF Stronics. A couple of years ago I got the Drei as a special Christmas treat to myself and.... meh. Lovely material, yeah, great build quality, yep, but it would not make me come without extra clitoral stimulation. Seeing I can usually orgasm from internal stimulation this is simply a big let-down.

Never feel bad about not enjoying luxury. I personally can't stand food at a 5 star hotel and rides in $100,000 sports cars make me uncomfortable. Point is, not everyone's definition of luxury is the same. I've got a pair of $20 butt plugs that I consider luxurious and the very best I have.

LELO is a very "meh" company, imo, mainly because they are so hit and miss with their toys, but their modern, dodgy marketing ("100% more powerful!") makes me uneasy about them in general.

Also, about reviews, every toy will work for someone. That's the bottom line, and those people are more willing to write reviews than people who were "meh". You should definitely write a review, though, to give some perspective on yet another person who found the Gigi lackluster and buzzy.

1 Like

I really try and avoid making the luxury (usually meaning 'higher price tag' as I feel like so many companies are producing decent toys in safe materials like silicone that it's not really anything different now, which is good) = automatically a great toy connotation because I've had so many overwhelmingly meh experiences with 'luxury' toys!

The Mona 2 was painful for me, I gave my Hula beads away, the We-Vibe attachments were bland, although the Tango itself is great...I could go on.

I was the same with the Lelo Siri original! Tried everything and it just didn't work for me :/ On the other hand I loved both the Lelo Mia and Gigi, originals, and the Tango bullet. I think it depends on the person!

PokingFun wrote:

My rosa rouge isn't my favourite. I haven't even bothered charging it for the last few months. :/

+1 I will try again, but I just don't think it works for me. I did find it good as just a clit stim vibe though - albeit a very expensive one - lol xx

Scorpius12 wrote:

PokingFun wrote:

My rosa rouge isn't my favourite. I haven't even bothered charging it for the last few months. :/

+1 I will try again, but I just don't think it works for me. I did find it good as just a clit stim vibe though - albeit a very expensive one - lol xx

Same as you, Scorps. After all the raving I expected something mindblowing, but it is just a very, very expensive clit vibe to me >.<
It's been consigned to the reject pile, pending a retry or discarding :')

PurpleElysium wrote:

You should definitely write a review, though, to give some perspective on yet another person who found the Gigi lackluster and buzzy.

I've already submitted by review for it. I try to review everything I buy and I always write it up before I send something back. Partly because I feel bad about returning it (and I think posting a well written review will at least contribute something and show that I have genuine reasons for returning it) and partly to provide a balanced view, as many of the luxury items only have gushing 5* reviews. I often find the bad reviews more helpful, so I hope mine will be useful to someone.

PurpleElysium wrote:

Never feel bad about not enjoying luxury. I personally can't stand food at a 5 star hotel and rides in $100,000 sports cars make me uncomfortable. Point is, not everyone's definition of luxury is the same. I've got a pair of $20 butt plugs that I consider luxurious and the very best I have.

LELO is a very "meh" company, imo, mainly because they are so hit and miss with their toys, but their modern, dodgy marketing ("100% more powerful!") makes me uneasy about them in general.

Also, about reviews, every toy will work for someone. That's the bottom line, and those people are more willing to write reviews than people who were "meh". You should definitely write a review, though, to give some perspective on yet another person who found the Gigi lackluster and buzzy.

Tbh the marketing is annoying me too, but generally I do go well with their toys. But I am not power queen.

And every toy can be hit and miss, not just Lelo, to be fair here. I have the Tango. In the beginning when I struggled with orgasms, I loved it, now I do not use it at all, because it is just too powerful for me and too painful to use. I am in the minority but it was a miss for me in long run. The same with Gi-Ki, everyone was like it is a must have G spot toy, but meh, it did not work for me. Technically any toy is hit and miss, since we have different preferences.

Same with the TC rabbit for me.... I gave up in the end, tried twice and both overheated really quickly which was even more fustrating because it took me forever to get anything out of it

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Lounge