Chat Room

Can I just say - i did not know about the room function, just tried it out. Click on the persons name you want to porvate chat to and away you go.

If a red bar flashes on the bottom that means you have a private message.

Thanks ED.

Tip for everyone- make sure you have java installed.

It's a free download (I think it's http://www.java.com or just search java download in google). If the screen comes up blank with a red cross or other symol tiny in the corner thats what the problem is. (Or was for me)

damn macs...

xxx

*spits*

Get a proper computer!

lolol but its so pretty!!!

im dumb and cant use computers...so i have to have an idiots one lol

xxx

Ru Ru, they're nice breasts you have there!

Sorry, slightly random but it needed to be said!

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

crayola wrote:

*spits*

Get a proper computer!

I love you. External Media

I love you too Carly

If the chatroom ends up with campers going off into their own room then kinda self defeating, surely if kindred spirits happen across each others tracks on here then a chat room is really an unecessary step in the chain of mutual bliss or whatever, it's just that it might happen quicker than here. Does keep some inane chatter off the forums, still having said that, l haven't articulated myself on there yet!!! Happy to go if invited though!!

TB

Lol TB- I obviosuly don't speak for everyone, but people having cyber sex on the forum would really piss me off if every thread disintigrated into mindless flirting and thus put people off who really need help or want to talk about sex without having to prostrate oneself across the internet for all to read. Weren't you one of those people desperate to get private messaging too? Meet on here, go off to the chatrooms for a private sesh and come back here when you;re done! lol

That's me Crayola hun, but it is sometimes a fine line in terms of where/how far you can go on here and not, although peeps seem to have generally grasped the what is and what isn't permissible idea. It will keep the forums clear for their intended purpose and in that regard is worth continuing to see if it is worth persevering with. I do think the LH forums are a very good thing at the end of the day, but do sometimes wonder where all the old campaigners- Laynie, Happycamper, Bath BiGuy, Studley et al go off to...... On one level the type of questions that come up are, yes the same ones that have always come up, but that can't be helped with a high influx of newbies, and it will never change, so maybe some people drift away cos of that fact.

Others, having practised what the forums preach are now loaded with childminding duties!!

In summary then, worth continuing and seeing how it goes, good luck peeps.

TB

I think chatrooms are a great idea, if it is bundled with the forum, like other forums do.

Probably people come and go is because as TB says, once you have discussed a number of topics, there is not much more to say, until Newbies ask them again.

Where as a chatroom (if it has different rooms) can develop friendships that the forum can not do.

I'm a YAH!

Got it working fine now in MSIE. Firefox just goes blank screen...

ive got it working on my ancient computer and firefox

Is the chatroom dead and buried now?

looks that way

I think it still runs but I don't think anyone uses it (EdTheDuck fully admits he'd forgotten he created it! lol)

Still not convinced that a seperate chat room is the way to go, a live talk bar/box on the side would be good for inane drivel & cuber sex! We could jabber on & not spam up these sacred pages.

Loving the new chat function, thanks LH!

Wow logeed on today and thought..hold on...am i on Facebook........nice addition........just popped Monstergeezers chat cherry!!!!

Not just his!