Chat Room

Well, I posted the link in the Good Morning/Afternoon/Night thread but it will get lest in no time there so here it is.

I was asked if we could have a chat room type place so quickly nocked something up. It's ugly as hell but I'll work on that when I get some time.

Enjoy!

http://www.consolecuties.com/lovehoney

wow aren't we the clever one then !!!

TB

no body is using it

This is a really nerdy and not very hot-sex-blogger thing to say, but as the chat room isn't run or moderated by lovehoney it might be a good idea not to call it a LH chat room, or have that in the address of the chat room page. I imagine lovehoney are pretty chilled out about this as the forum is a great part of the site and we're a pretty decent (and loyally spending!) bunch, but some companies would flip out over unauthorised use of the trademark.

Just saying :)

I struggle to keep up with this forum, a chat room too... I don't think I'd have the time. Posting on here is chatty enough, I think a real chat room would be so general it would lose the feel of this forum. I'm no tech junkie so I may be missing something!

I'm with Mucky (not literally) I hardly get chance to reply to half the posts on here let alone a chat room. The posts on here are quite speedy so not sure there is a need for a chat room.

Is it just me or do people now associate chat rooms with kids, (s)peedos and desperate men looking for a shag?

whats wrong with being desperate for a shag?

Personally I think it would help make the forum manageable because a lot of off topic chatting could go there. As long as ppl still posted here as well! I can't try it out until I get a computer again but think it's a good idea I want to try out

If you use a chat room for all the chatty stuff, these pages would be a bit dull, the off beat remarks & odd ball comments is the glue that hold some of the threads together. Most thread return to topic after a few posts, thats what the hello good evening thread is for. Strip the chitter chatter out of it & I think you'd lose a lot of participants to these pages.

Unless you could have a live chat bar which is a permant side window then I think it would kill this forum, even with a dedicated window, they're only any good for the last few minutes so you'd have miss half the crack unless you were glued to the computer, instead of being able to pop in & out & still keep in the loop (like now).

If there's vote, mines no!

I agree with Mucky.

Enough said ^_^

x x x x x

Nah I remember these forums a year or so ago andit was less chatty and easier to follow. Nothing worse than going to a post which has gone into mindless chatter u feel luke u wasted ur time. It's all about how long u can b around. Easier to follow if I log in daily but harder if I can't. Worse for those not on here so much andbetter for those who live here!! All a point ofview thing

Between Mucky and imelda's points of view, there is something to be said for both, but in a chat room it's hard to catch up later isn't it? Against that, there is mindless chatter on here as imelda says, but you can get through that. I don't think it ruins it.

Thanks to Ed the Duck for his work!

Mucky Duck wrote:

If you use a chat room for all the chatty stuff, these pages would be a bit dull, the off beat remarks & odd ball comments is the glue that hold some of the threads together. Most thread return to topic after a few posts, thats what the hello good evening thread is for. Strip the chitter chatter out of it & I think you'd lose a lot of participants to these pages.

Unless you could have a live chat bar which is a permant side window then I think it would kill this forum, even with a dedicated window, they're only any good for the last few minutes so you'd have miss half the crack unless you were glued to the computer, instead of being able to pop in & out & still keep in the loop (like now).

If there's vote, mines no!

agree with mucky on this one, most threads stay on topic, but nice though anyway Ed

Yup i think we can conclude that it's up to each of us whether we use the chat room but it's certainly nice to have it!

i think a chat room is good as it means if you just what to sit and have achat with likeminded people about anything you can - sometimes on here you can post something and not get a reply until the next day as it gets buried it all new topic etc! i know the blog isnt the same as a chat room but both blog and forum are working nicely together!

i find it really difficult to kee up with a conversation i am having on here and find i post one thing in a couple of different threads and never quite get a conversation going on as i am not on here everyday - think chat room means you can have a bit of a natter there and then and then star something new next time you around - in short i am all for a chat room!

Well the only night the chat room has had people in we didn't talk about anything LH related. We talked about Xbox 360 games! I don't think the idea was to replace LH like people seem to be assuming, I think it was more for people from LH to talk about other stuff.

And theres a private IM function between two people so those of you who inflict your cyber foreplay on the rest of us can freely go on there and private message til your eyes bleed without having to do it infront of the rest of us or giving out your email for MSN.

he he so people can get a room!

Boom boom!

I've just tried the chatroom, I know I'm late on this thread but nothing happened, all I got was a blank screen, i think it is a good idea but I agree with Imelda too, some threads do go off topic but to keep up with the forums and the chat room may get too much

xxx

Just to update, I'm now in the chat room with N40 and its working fine for me now... Thakns Ed for this! xxx