cheating.

Cheating is a tricky topic. It can lead down all sorts of negative roads and generally its a bad thing.
However something I have never personally understood is kissing. Does kissing someone else count as cheating? Is it more the intentions behind the kiss? Or is it wrong regardless of circumstances?

Personally, a passionate kiss is crossing the line. Kiss on the cheek is obviously fine, but passionate kisses are sexual and so I'd see it as cheating (unless part of threesome/swinging etc)

i give my male and female friends goodbye kisses on the cheek thats as far as i would ever go i think to me that type of kiss is just a friendly type of kiss nothing in it at all where as anything more than that i would consider it to be crossing a line if my partner was to kiss another women in any other way but a friendly kiss goodbye i would be having some serious words with him

At the risk of sounding like a jealous psycho; I don't think that in my relationship a cheek kiss is ok to anyone other than family but that is purely because my oh isn't that kind of person so if he kissed somebody's cheek I would think something was up! If that makes sense? I think it depends on how you or your partner normally act! A passionate kiss however is cheating in my opinion, obviously in a threesome/swinging different circumstances apply. X

Same as everyonelse has said. Little goodbye kisses are ok but passionate ones I would hit the roof!

Kiss on the cheek is fine! Kiss on lips = a punch in the face

I agree with Cornish, my husband isn't the kissy type at all, in fact I don't think I've even saw him kiss his mother on the cheek apart from out wedding day, and even then he was half full of Dutch courgage. So if he kissed someone on the cheek, I would think there's something behind it. I think it depends on the person. Some people kiss people goodbye on the lips, some people never kiss at all.

Kiss on the cheek is fine in my books but on the mouth, like BV says -PUNCH IN FACE! Definitely cheating to me

Mr Scorpius and I both agree with the above posts - kiss on the cheek is fine - but a kiss on the mouth is not good - would definitely be cheating!!!

:-) ok that's kind of got things straighten in my head.
The only reason I'm asking is a friend text me to tell me she had split with her o/h because het o/h had kissed another girl.
I couldn't help think that out of all the things that could of happened to resolve the situation she picked the most extreme.
Would you break up with your o/h over a kiss?

i have done before and probably would again depending on circumstances

I prob wouldn't now because I have kids with my partner, but I have dumped guys in the past for kissing other women when they where drunk. I'm my oh did it now I would prob make him sleep in the spare room for a few months, put him on a sex ban and slash his fav suits

I'm kissy with my friends so I do give them a kiss on the cheek when we're parting company, my OH isn't really the kissy type so he doesn't do it much. I don't mind a kiss on the cheek at all, but a kiss on the lips and he's going to be getting a little bit dead. Even just a peck on the lips to me is crossing the line. And anything more than a peck and he's signing his own death warrant. xx

I agree with everyone else, I would consider a kiss on the mouth cheating. However I wouldn't break up with someone if they kissed someone else. Yes, I would be upset but I don't think a kiss is enough of an issue to end a good relationship over. Then again it would depend on the person and just loads of other factors in general - I think no relationship is the same so I'd have to work that out as I go along really.

Cheating isn't just physical though, if someone I loved was meeting up with another woman (or man, what do I know) and they were basically extremely friendly with them even though they weren't having sex or kissing but had a better emotional connection and relationship than me and that person did then I would also be very upset and would probably consider that cheating too.

Cornish89 wrote:

At the risk of sounding like a jealous psycho; I don't think that in my relationship a cheek kiss is ok to anyone other than family but that is purely because my oh isn't that kind of person so if he kissed somebody's cheek I would think something was up! If that makes sense? I think it depends on how you or your partner normally act! A passionate kiss however is cheating in my opinion, obviously in a threesome/swinging different circumstances apply. X

I completely agree with this, my OH is exactly the same however i'm not into the whole 'sharing is caring' so threesomes aren't for me plus i'm a very jealous anyway xx

Yeah simple answer kissing IS cheating if the intention is wrong.

I think kissing someone else is cheating. I would never do it and I would never stay with someone else who had done it. Personally I have kissed another man when I was in a relationship and I was understandably broken up with because of it. I think it takes the same amount of disregard for your partner as sleeping with someone else does. It is definitely a no-no! xx

Threesomes/swinging aside, yes kissing is cheating for us x

Locking lips and using tongues is cheeting. a peck is not for me.
Me and mr A are both in amater dramatic groups where everyone is tactile, very huggy and kissey. There's also quite s bit of pecking on the lips but it's not sexual or snogging just a peck. But with us both being used to it us both being tactile people it's never been anythibg to worry about.

Kiss other than a cheek is cheating in my eyes no need to kiss anyone else when he has my lips