Definition of Cheating ?

I have been watching a few of the programmes " One Night with My Ex" .

An area that does appear to be varied is the definition of Cheating . One partner accused the other of cheating whilst only flirting. An other regards cheating as penetration only ! . Another if the tongue enters the mouth whilst kissing. Another regarded texting as cheating .

My own definition is, flirting is Okay upto a point .Flirting for me is just a bit of teasing banter as long as it stops there . Kissing isn't cheating unless its a full blown snog. I had to think hard about the latter as I received a festive kiss on the lips form an older lady who is well known to myelf and the Mrs . So there was nothing in it apart from being a festive kiss of friendship only. I think the circumstances need to be fully understood as well before any activity is regarded as cheating except the obvious like an affair .

What do you guys regard as cheating ?

So to sum up for me anyway. Cheating would be any form of activity involving another person that would make your existing partner threatened,angry or concerned .

This is something that was discussed with my husband when we met. So we have clear ideas of what we regard o each other as 'cheating'. 

I think it is defined by your own relationship and what you both feel is or isn't acceptable behaviour. 

mysteron wrote:

So to sum up for me anyway. Cheating would be any form of activity involving another person that would make your existing partner threatened,angry or concerned .

I would agree with this and include any activity involving another person that you would be ashamed to tell your partner about

Cheating can range from flirting to penetration, but in relationships it’s a very personal thing and you both need to understand each others definitions and respect them. So if your partner thinks even a bit of flirting is cheating then that should be respected and to show your commitment you should abide by this.
I have always thought “would I feel comfortable with my partner doing this” and it gives you a very good idea of what’s considered cheating.

For instance, you had a festive kiss which is meaningless to yourself, but how would you feel if your partner had a festive kiss with another older gent?. Obviously some couples have very open relationships such as swinging etc but everyone has boundaries somewhere along the line. I don’t think you can sum up what cheating will consist of as everyone is different. Personally, I feel even if my partner was having a laugh and flirting with another man online I would class that as cheating or defiantly en route to cheatsville.

If you are engaged in any activity which you wouldn't want your partner to know about.....that's cheating

sd63 wrote:

If you are engaged in any activity which you wouldn't want your partner to know about.....that's cheating

This. That goes for sexual and non-sexual activity in my opnion. 

This will always bring varied answers as every relationship has its own boundaries.

Basically if you do something you wouldn't want your partner doing, anything that creates negative feelings, something you have to hide etc .

To me cheating would be defined by whether its physical or emotional cheating .

Also if it is something we have said is cheating so we do not kiss other people we do not penetrate or be penetrated or sleep next to other people we are only intimate sexually with each other we do not exchange photos with other people and yes I have a page where I share nsfw photos but he follows The page and sees my photos they're all censored anyway as to keep within guidelines of website .

Any play like spanking etc is only done at fetish clubs with each others consent and never have private meets .only I have private meets with people who pay me money and its only ever foot worship as we have our personal boundaries of what we allow.

Its different for everyone but if you have been intimate with another person then that is cheating ifypu have to delete messages or hide what you've done that is cheating

For me cheating is doing something behind someone's back that would hurt them . Any sort of romantic action weather that would be flirting or intercourse for me is a no no.

Delboy1991 wrote:

For me cheating is doing something behind someone's back that would hurt them . Any sort of romantic action weather that would be flirting or intercourse for me is a no no.

sd63 wrote:

mysteron wrote:

This ⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆ I've been through it. It hurts even though no penetration or kissing happened. I'm still trying to get over it now.

etc28 wrote:

mysteron wrote:

I would agree with this and include any activity involving another person that you would be ashamed to tell your partner about

Yes this for me too.

sd63 wrote:

Definitely this one.

My other half doesn’t know I use Lovehoney. I don’t know how she would react.

MK7 wrote:

sd63 wrote:

Definitely this one.

Defintely this. If it's not something you can openly share with your partner I consider it to be cheating xx

Ok xx

I'm unsure. I genuinely can't imagine feeling cheated on.

To me, it's an emotional dishonesty. I don't care what their body does.

Anything would wouldn't like your oh to do. For us, he knows I'm a huge flirt and do it harmlessly. I'm always open about my marriage so there is never no awkward situations. My hubby doesn't like to flirt but I would be ok if he did as I trust him 100%.

Think it really depends on your relationship. As some have a very open relationship.
For us cheating would be getting too close to someone ( mentally falling for someone) any form of lip kissing or any touching ( other than a friend's hug.

Thankfully for us we both drive each other crazy we wouldn't want anyone else lol

I think each relationship has different boundaries. So for me, cheating would be whatever is outside of the boundaries we as a couple are comfortable with.

I wouldn't consider anything cheating if it was something we'd agreed on and the other one was aware. For me, it's lies/doing things in secret that is far more hurtful.

Def cheating is doing anything that you are covering up from your partner including sending someone else messages. If you are hiding messages to someone else you have already started cheating! I think I would find this more of a betrayal than some harmless flirting on a night out.

I'm not against myself and my husband having sex with other people. But this would be in controlled circumstances.
To me cheating is anything behind my back he wouldn't tell me about sexually!! We are both terrible flirts. And I flirt with men all the time. But we don't class that as cheating...