Is kissing/snogging cheating?

If you were out with friends that were in relationships, how would you feel about it if they were to have a snog with someone else? Would you tell them it was wrong, would you turn a blind eye, would you no longer want to be friends with someone who could do this?, would you class it as cheating?

Yeah its cheating!!!! I dont know how id react to be honest ...

Yeah by the book this is cheating. Although a lot of this depends on individual relationships (remember some people have open relationships) the rule I go by is if I did something that I knew would upset my OH or that I didnt feel like I could tell him, then that would be cheating same goes for him.

Honestly I would err on the side of caution if my freind did this and at least give them the benefit of the doubt. However if I knew they were cheating it would change how I veiwed them as I wouldnt find them trustworthy anymore. 

It counts as cheating in our relationship!

It's definitely cheating in our relationship! I would probably tell them it's wrong and take them home as they're clearly too drunk to think straight. I would trust them a lot less!

In our relationship that would be cheating. Others have more open relationships though so would be hard to say how is react.

When I hear people talk about 'cheating' I replace the word 'cheating' with 'lying'.

If by snogging someone else, you have to hide it from your partner / lie about it, then yes it's cheating. 

If it's something that is acceptable within your relationship, and you could talk openly about it with your OH, then it's not cheating. 

No lie or breaking the rules = no cheat. 

Same as playing cards really... 

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

When I hear people talk about 'cheating' I replace the word 'cheating' with 'lying'.

If by snogging someone else, you have to hide it from your partner / lie about it, then yes it's cheating.

If it's something that is acceptable within your relationship, and you could talk openly about it with your OH, then it's not cheating.

Hit the nail on the head here. This is what I was trying to say, but you've done a much better job :L x

Yes it's 100% cheating in my books. I wouldn't disown a friend for doing it, but I wouldn't want to be part of it either. I'd probably just take them to one side and remind them that it's really inappropriate, and try to take them home. At the end of the day it's none of my business, as much as I would disapprove!

I can't edit my post, but it goes without saying that that's assuming they weren't in an open relationship. In my relationship that would be cheating, I guess for others that depends.

In our relationship it would be cheating. Others might see it as a bit of fun or that it didn't mean anything so it really depends on your friends relationship with her partner. I think Jess got it spot on.

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

+1 to this

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

+1 - Very well put Jess :) xx

Yes definitely cheating , I find kissing intimate and something to only do with a loved one xx

Yes it's cheating, and I may shock some people for saying this.. But I was guilty of it once, when I was very young, foolish and out on a girls night and had too much to drink. That was a long time ago with a short-term boyfriend (less than a year together). Not that I'm saying it was ok, as it definitely was NOT.

Just a different perspective, but yes it was wrong, and I've never cheated on anyone since. I could never cheat on my OH. He is my rock, and I love him to bits. It would destroy him if I did, and I don't want to anyway. Gosh, I feel quite embarrassed actually about doing what I did in my teens...😵

But another question...is flirting in the forums cheating? Because if it is, then I've already done what I just said I wouldn't do. Damn it! 😣

Yes it's cheating in my opinion. As Jess has put, if you have to hide something and lie about it, then it is cheating.

I have cheated once, and been cheated on quite a few times. It was a few years ago and we had been going out for a few months. I moved abroad for a while which was always on the cards, and I gave into temptation and cheated. I decided against telling him, he actually phoned me a couple of weeks later and told me he had slept with a man the previous year where he used to live and he was getting back into it, and was gay. I did feel guilty, but looking back on it I don't regret anything. It wasn't right, and I knew he wouldn't find out as I was on the opposite side of the earth. But it does not make it right, but at the time it was what I wanted to do.

Cheating on my partner now? I couldn't do it, I know it would completley destroy him and I know it would kill me if I knew he had cheated on me. We are eachothers rock and everything and couldn't do it. But understand others relationships are completley different.

Knowing your story Powys, I think when you have been hurt in such a way and understand the damage a cheat can cause, I do think it opens your eyes to what others do that you don't want to be involved or associated with. The damage that it can cause is horrific, I am just glad in my case it ended before it would have ever come to light.

Luv Bunny that really depends on your personal rules, in my relationship flirting on the forums (or with anyone) would be cheating. It may sound weird to some as flirting is generally considered harmless, but both my OH and I are very traditional people and don't feel comfortable with it at all. But it all depends on your individual relationship :)

Apart from kissing under the misseltoe ( i can't spell to save my life!) at christmas or perhaps the new year then it is cheating.

Especially as you say in snogging,.as to snog properly you must have desires or feelings on the other person .So it is therfore cheating .

Is this sort of linked in with your wife having an affair ?

Hmm, definitely some food for thought. Though I flirt with both genders on here, so it's just the way I am I guess...

In my mind though, actions speak so much more than words...so it's one thing to type stuff here, but completely different to actually going out and looking to hook up with someone. Again, it's such a grey area. If my OH asked me, I wouldn't necessarily lie, but he probably wouldn't be happy with what I've put on here.

F*ck, I really feel like a b*tch now...

Yep, in our book it would be cheating too. Flirting also. I would definitely talk to the "friend" about it.