Cheating???????

gunther wrote:

If a relationship was ended everytime someone thought about something there wouldnt be many left on the go. The questions as i see it are do you want to risk losing him, would you be prepared to actually cheat and not tell him, is the urge so strong it cant be ignored, can you put the idea back in a box and move on with him.

I know I will be in a small minority but I never think its a good idea to fess up to things like that, keep them in a box in your mind is my approach.

I agree. Honesty isn't always the best policy. I personally think telling someone something that is really heartbreaking, if you have no intentions to leave them, is only to absolve your own guilt and is putting it on their shoulders so you feel better.

You owe it to your partner to give your relationship your all so I would strongly recommend talking to him more, but you also owe it to yourself to be happy.

MissBoo wrote:

I agree. Honesty isn't always the best policy. I personally think telling someone something that is really heartbreaking, if you have no intentions to leave them, is only to absolve your own guilt and is putting it on their shoulders so you feel better.

You owe it to your partner to give your relationship your all so I would strongly recommend talking to him more, but you also owe it to yourself to be happy.

I once stupidly confessed to something (not having sex) my wife said it was only to assuage my concience, never again. If youve made a mistake that you know is a mistake and wont be repeated, keep it a secret. I know loads of guys who have had affairs, mostly it proves they made the right choice in the first place

Just a thought but do think he would go to a club with you, have you mentioned swinging together at all to him? Maybe you could go together and just watch and take it from there. It's one way you could get to explore this and ultimately with his permission.

From where do our values come? Morality and conscience? Right and wrong?
Consider the case of Raoul Moat and the support he enjoyed...
You live once.
What is the worst that can happen?
If you can live with the consequences, do what you want.

Grimm wrote:

From where do our values come? Morality and conscience? Right and wrong?
Consider the case of Raoul Moat and the support he enjoyed...
You live once.
What is the worst that can happen?
If you can live with the consequences, do what you want.

I agree that everyone is different, but for me, doing something that I specifically know would hurt someone I care about, would be wrong.