Coarse pubic hair removal

This is my first post and didn't know where else to get advice but was hoping someone can help and that this is an appropriate topic!

I'm a 30-something man. I've been shaving my pubic hair for many years and it's got to a point where it grows back very coarse and stubly. It's also like this quite a lot at the bottom of my shaft.

I don't know if anyone has any tips on how to deal with this, or if anyone can tell me if it's normal to have hair on the shaft as I'm starting to worry a bit about it.

I don't know if continually shaving it is going to make it worse so am debating letting it grow and maybe trying to keep it trimmed although not sure how that would work on the shaft.

I did try using waxing strips once but it was very painful and to be honest it grew back quite quickly and much the same!

Hair colour and growth rate are governed genetically. Shaving makes no difference at all to the rate or texture of the hair.

Hair does tend to become less flexible as you get older though which is probably why it feels coarser than it used to.

Repeated waxing (or laser treatment or electrolysis) will eventually lead to sparser hair growth in the treated area as the hair follicles are destroyed by the repeated treatment.

I'm in my early 30s, and I have hair going maybe one third of the way up my shaft. I really cannot be bothered with the time and energy of shaving it all the time. But the hair on the shaft just bugs me. My wife seems to have zero preference about it, but I don't like the way it looks.

The best approach I've found is to use hair removal powder. The product I use is "Magic Hair Removal Powder", and I buy the "sensitive" version with a green logo. You can buy it online.

I spoon a bit of the powder into a pot, add a little bit of water, and shake it really thoroughly to make a runny paste. Then I use it for five or six minutes before rinsing off with a flannel in the shower. If I'm doing a "top up" removal, I only leave it for three minutes.

If you're going to try this approach, there are some detailed guides online. You want to proceed with great caution the first few times, as you really don't want chemical burns on your crotch.